Gaming Monster hunter 3 ultimate demo tomorrow. OMFGASDLFJASDFASDFLK!!!!!!!

Xuang

Professional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh and the 3DS still hasn't been hacked x.x I want my monster hunter fix... so when is the 4th one gonna come out?

xeno96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The demo was pretty good, but I still prefer the claw to lock-on. I was also surprised by how much easier Plesioth is to hunt underwater than on land. 20 minutes was NOT enough time though, it took all that I had to kill it within the time limit.

Xuang

Professional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The demo was pretty good, but I still prefer the claw to lock-on. I was also surprised by how much easier Plesioth is to hunt underwater than on land. 20 minutes was NOT enough time though, it took all that I had to kill it within the time limit.
claw??

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the PSP go example, but this method of controlling the camera and moving at the same time is called the claw. Some people get hand cramps doing this, especially on the go. haha.
tumblr_m8euj7Mp8I1r5n0t0o1_500.jpg

Reactions: BAHIM Z 360

Xuang

Professional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the PSP go example, but this method of controlling the camera and moving at the same time is called the claw. Some people get hand cramps doing this, especially on the go. haha.
tumblr_m8euj7Mp8I1r5n0t0o1_500.jpg
Lol didn't know there was a name for it I did the claw on the first PSP though I don't have go.

BAHIM Z 360

B-but I'm not a new member :(
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tried the demo today...geez its the same as the wii version but with watered down graphics and crappy controls :( (maybe the circle pad thingy can fix the controls)

I would rather they give us Monster Hunter 4 instead of this but oh well...everyone has they're opinion :yaynds:

Xuang

Professional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was pretty okay, at least it's fast and the graphics I think are a step up to the wii's graphics

Xuang

Professional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so I have the money should I get this + circle pad pro or should I get the new tomb raider coming out?

xeno96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so I have the money should I get this + circle pad pro or should I get the new tomb raider coming out?
Depends on what you have already. 3U won't be too different from Tri on Wii or Portable 3rd on PSP, so if you have one of those I would get Tomb Raider. But if you don't have any other Monster Hunter games, I would get it.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Portable 3rd isn't the same game as Tri/Ultimate though. It has some of the new features like weapons, but that's to be expected of a newer released game.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just tried this demo last night, and I've never played a Monster Hunter game before. Are they all supposed to be so... empty? I can accept that I didn't know what the hell was going on, but at the same time, there was much going on to be accepted, other than a bunch of items that I had no clue what they were for, and a kind of awkward control scheme.

I was impressed with the frames staying clean during 3D mode though. But after hearing all the praise for the games over the past few years, I can't help but hope the demo wasn't exactly evidence of the series.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I rather buy 4:

"Capcom has shared details on additional weapons that will be included in Monster Hunter 4.[4] A new weapon called sōchūkon (操虫棍?) "Operating Insect Rod" is a double-ended staff capable of quick fluid attacks like the Long Sword, which is also capable of summoning a large Neopteron that will drain energy from monsters to boost the Hunter (in terms of attack, health, speed or defense). The weapon also feature commanding a ryōchū (猟虫?) "hunting insect" to get power ups from other monsters. To use this new hunting companion, you mark a target monster. Release the insect, and it will head out to the monster and suck up its energy. Call the insect back, and you'll be able to use its bounty to strengthen your character. The "energy" the insect sucks up is called "EX" (or possibly EXE). The property it strengthens is indicated by its color. White increases your speed. Red increases your attack strength. Green increases your vitality. Orange increases your defensive strength. The hunting insects are capable of jumping, so they may be able to reach areas that aren't accessible by you.

Another new weapon is the Charge Axe, that works similarly to the Switch Axe in Monster Hunter Tri. In Sword Mode it works like the Sword and Shield, while also collecting energy with each hit, that can be released in a powerful charge attack. In Axe mode the weapon gains reach, power and the ability to stun enemies at the cost of the shield and the speed in Sword Mode."

Finally some power-ups being added to the series. And environment involvement. This is enough for me to jump on board. Cause the game will no longer be a generic hack, slash and run away snooze-fest.

It's still going to be a generic (is it?) hack, slash, and run away.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still going to be a generic (is it?) hack, slash, and run away.

ITs not hack-slash and run away. I wont say its not LOADED with that, but later hunts (especially Tri multiplayer) involve actual thinking and planning, if you run in with a bowgun expecting to hack and slash your going to fail pretty hard.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ITs not hack-slash and run away. I wont say its not LOADED with that, but later hunts (especially Tri multiplayer) involve actual thinking and planning, if you run in with a bowgun expecting to hack and slash your going to fail pretty hard.

Yeah, there's a lot of weapons I would love to be good with, but at the end of the day I'm still resorting to great swords unless I really need a different weapon for a particular foe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on