Gaming Monster hunter 3 ultimate demo tomorrow. OMFGASDLFJASDFASDFLK!!!!!!!

HitBattousai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That detachable thing feels awkward as hell to me lol. i got it to play Kingdom hearts but i just took it off after 5 minutes. Yeah thats the only thing i bring up but its kinda known the vita has more power than 3ds.
http://www.geek.com/articles/games/ps-vita-vs-nintendo-3ds-how-the-specs-compare-20120216/

I'm not sure if he's trying to say it wouldn't be better on the vita. They will have so much more to work with. I'm no fanboy. If it only comes for 3ds ill get the 3ds also. Hell the only sony product ive had was a psp. But he can't sit there saying the it wont play better on the vita. It would be like child's play for the vita to run any game the 3ds has. The sad thing is its not coming for the vita but yes. It would look and play better. Especially with that open world idea they have. It would be easier to implement with he vita because they have so much more to work with in terms of power not just graphics. For goodness sakes. it can play some ps3 games! of course it would play better.

I'll say it again. Only things the 3ds has over the vita are Its 3d, and the bottom touchscreen. And i guess fan-base. Then again it has had more time and no ones really supporting the vita. Has a low selection of actually good games. ;(.

3D is a pretty big feature, especially for a game like Monster Hunter. The 3DS has a lower price point than the Vita by a good margin and a bigger library of marquee titles.

There's nothing wrong with the Vita, but it's basically a portable PS3 without a big library right now. The 3DS offers lesser graphics in general, but a unique feature which compensates, just as the DS did against the PSP.

xeno96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that MH4 should be on Vita instead of 3DS because of the extra analog stick, not because of the graphics. 3U looks just fine on 3DS, even better than P3rd imo. But the camera just feels unnatural to me, which is why I still prefer P3rd and probably won't get 3U unless I get a Wii U.

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the full game and after playing around with it, here's my opinion:
The game is extremely difficult (in a bad way) as a bowman without the Circle Pad Pro as the analog stick controls your character, not the bow. Actually, many parts in the game would've been easier if I had another analog stick.

Even with the game being greatly benefited with the CPP, the game is still EXTREMELY fun without one. I've been playing just fine, and I have no regrets. I'm going to try to get a CPP, but that won't stop me from playing as it's perfectly viable without one.

Myke

so tasty!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I have both versions. I much prefer the wiiu version for the controls. Im havng a hard time transitioning from classic controller pro to the 3ds controls, plus it cramps both my hands worse than any psp mh title. I am importing the xl cpp. Ordered it today. Im hoping it will make my hands cramp less while having better camera control as a bonus. Maybe my hands are just cramping from the 40 hours i clocked in the last 3 days lol.
Man i love my 3dsxl but this is te first time for me where a handheld feels a bit small in my hands i just wish it was a little bit thicker

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Bought the game at launch and i have to say that it plays fine. The underwater controls are not perfect but if you put the cam controls on the right side of the touchscreen using the customizable touchscreen (which is awesome btw) then swimming becomes a breeze and the auto target boss button makes EVERYTHING easier. Graphics and new monsters and new armor are all great additions and the DLC extra's which are constantly getting added is nice.

I do miss playing online and it cant be just me that noticed that the way the game is set up with the "hunter search" option, it makes me think that this game DID originally have online play included and i hope that if that is indeed the case that they can enable online play with a patch. Not holding my breath for that tho, still its a good game and well worth a buy even if you already have tri (like myself)

Myke

so tasty!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Bought the game at launch and i have to say that it plays fine. The underwater controls are not perfect but if you put the cam controls on the right side of the touchscreen using the customizable touchscreen (which is awesome btw) then swimming becomes a breeze and the auto target boss button makes EVERYTHING easier. Graphics and new monsters and new armor are all great additions and the DLC extra's which are constantly getting added is nice.

I do miss playing online and it cant be just me that noticed that the way the game is set up with the "hunter search" option, it makes me think that this game DID originally have online play included and i hope that if that is indeed the case that they can enable online play with a patch. Not holding my breath for that tho, still its a good game and well worth a buy even if you already have tri (like myself)

Actually no it didnt originally have online play. The online play was added to the wiiu version only and its noticeable its kind of a shoddy online mode that was tacked on to a game that had no online to begin with. The wiiu version after all is just a port of the 3ds version. but i love it nonetheless. You can however play online with the 3ds. Capcom released a packet relay tool. You have to own a wiiu, a copy of the wiiu game and an ethernet adapter to make the wiiu wired. Through the wiiu you can connect the 3ds to play online. This is capcoms way of turning the game which was never meant to have online mode, to be able to go online. A simple online patch wont do it.

JoshuaBojangles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both versions. I much prefer the wiiu version for the controls. Im havng a hard time transitioning from classic controller pro to the 3ds controls, plus it cramps both my hands worse than any psp mh title. I am importing the xl cpp. Ordered it today. Im hoping it will make my hands cramp less while having better camera control as a bonus. Maybe my hands are just cramping from the 40 hours i clocked in the last 3 days lol.
Man i love my 3dsxl but this is te first time for me where a handheld feels a bit small in my hands i just wish it was a little bit thicker

I just imported a cpp xl and it makes a huuuuuuuge difference. It has great handfeel and makes the camera much more manageable. The extra stick is nice but surprisingly the ZL and ZR triggers are really what make it feel so great.

Myke

so tasty!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I just imported a cpp xl and it makes a huuuuuuuge difference. It has great handfeel and makes the camera much more manageable. The extra stick is nice but surprisingly the ZL and ZR triggers are really what make it feel so great.
does the cpp xl havbe "bumps" on the bottom of it to grip it a little better? I can't find a pictue of it for the bottom part. like you know bumps on the sides for more ergonomic grip

JoshuaBojangles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does the cpp xl havbe "bumps" on the bottom of it to grip it a little better? I can't find a pictue of it for the bottom part. like you know bumps on the sides for more ergonomic grip
If you mean the big bumps then yes. Its kind of like holding and xbox controller.

If you mean the small grippy bump texture to grip it better then no. Its completely smooth plastic.

nbollinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then they should put it on th vita. Not go backwards in tech. Love the loading times on my wii tho. That's one more thing I like about the consoles

I can almost guarantee it had to do with the lack of sales the Vita had when it was decision time. I have both a Vita and 3DS and I wholeheartedly agree that the Vita is much more powerful than a 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...