Gaming Monster hunter 3 ultimate demo tomorrow. OMFGASDLFJASDFASDFLK!!!!!!!

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then they should put it on th vita. Not go backwards in tech. Love the loading times on my wii tho. That's one more thing I like about the consoles
comparing the ds sales to the psp sales, really makes it easy to decide which successor are you going to support this gen... even if you dont go by that logic then compare the 3ds sales to the vita sales and it still is easy to decide which one to support...

by the way for some reason it seems that you think the psp is stronger than the 3ds... :unsure:

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the better looking 3D games on PSP VS 3DS games (actual gameplay, not movies)

First, a direct comparison between Portable 3rd and 3 Ultimate (which again, are different games. Ultimate is not a port of 3rd.)
First: PSP, second: 3DS. PSP text and UI looks nicer than on Ultimate. But the graphics look almost identical with 3D off on 3DS.
991479_20100916_screen002.jpg
642342_20121115_screen005.jpg

PSP
gfs_109884_2_10.jpg
gfs_159702_2_10.jpg
gfs_169936_2_3.jpg

3DS
997768_20111214_screen007.jpg
641334_201210220323_screen002.jpg
iAR28cP.png

Monster Hunter would look better on the Vita, of course. But to call it a waste of potential is laughable. It can do just fine on 3DS, and the Vita will probably get Portable 4th anyway.

edit: wow, I never noticed how blocky Pit's hands are. That's terrible. Why would they make everything else look pretty in that game except hands?

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I honestly still dont get why its 3ds only. Honestly the dumbest shlt I've heard.

Brb crappy graphics compared to psp
brb so much potential... eff that lets not make this hard on ourselves.
brb probably lying to consumers and gonna release one console (cause we're dicks)

I was really skeptical about getting a Wii u for mh3u seeing i played the one on psp. But once i got the demo for the wii u, it felt completely different and i could see myself spending alot of time on it.
But no we're Capcom and we like to make shit difficult for ever effing person. Eff them for not planing on taking MH4 to consoles.

/rant

I suppose it's okay to be a bit sour toward a company for not making a title multiplatform (within reason, of course! :P), but a few tidbits in your rant kind of trip me up. :S

Let me dissect these few points piece-by-piece.

A)
Eff them for not planing on taking MH4 to consoles.
By making Monster Hunter 4 a 3DS-exclusive title and not porting it to consoles, Capcom are being lazy?

B)
brb probably lying to consumers and gonna release one console (cause we're dicks)
You're angry because Capcom will probably end up releasing Monster Hunter 4 on consoles in the future, which, according to Point A, is exactly what you want them to do?

I don't mean to seem snarky about it. That just confused me. I might just be misunderstanding you. If so, please steer me in the right direction! :P

Also, do you prefer the console versions of Monster Hunter because the controls are better? If so, that's an entirely valid point. After all, why on earth should we have to contort our hands into the shape of a claw in order to achieve decent controls!? Generally, video game control schemes are designed around hand ergonomics, not the other way around. :'D

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the better looking 3D games on PSP VS 3DS games (actual gameplay, not movies)

First, a direct comparison between Portable 3rd and 3 Ultimate (which again, are different games. Ultimate is not a port of 3rd.)
First: PSP, second: 3DS. PSP text and UI looks nicer than on Ultimate. But the graphics look almost identical with 3D off on 3DS.
991479_20100916_screen002.jpg
642342_20121115_screen005.jpg

PSP
gfs_109884_2_10.jpg
gfs_159702_2_10.jpg
gfs_169936_2_3.jpg

3DS
997768_20111214_screen007.jpg
641334_201210220323_screen002.jpg
iAR28cP.png

Monster Hunter would look better on the Vita, of course. But to call it a waste of potential is laughable. It can do just fine on 3DS, and the Vita will probably get Portable 4th anyway.

edit: wow, I never noticed how blocky Pit's hands are. That's terrible. Why would they make everything else look pretty in that game except hands?

This comparison doesnt make much sense to be honest... First off, 3U looks considerably better in terms of lighting, particle effects and over all poly-count, it almost looks identical to the Wii version. PSP version is loaded with jaggys and while the color is alright, its not as smooth as 3U (but that could just be lighting). Second off, why are you comparing random 3DS games to random PSP games? Are these supposed to be the best looking of them?

Also, I think Pits hands were blocky because he pretty much doesnt ever open them unless hes using palms. Plus, that screenshot is from a trailer released a year before the game came out, the hands look considerably smoother in the actual game.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This comparison doesnt make much sense to be honest... First off, 3U looks considerably better in terms of lighting, particle effects and over all poly-count, it almost looks identical to the Wii version. PSP version is loaded with jaggys and while the color is alright, its not as smooth as 3U (but that could just be lighting). Second off, why are you comparing random 3DS games to random PSP games? Are these supposed to be the best looking of them?

Also, I think Pits hands were blocky because he pretty much doesnt ever open them unless hes using palms. Plus, that screenshot is from a trailer released a year before the game came out, the hands look considerably smoother in the actual game.
I know it's off topic, sort of, but a post up there was saying that the 3DS doesn't suit MH, that it's a step back from the PSP. I just showed that 3DS is on par or greater than the PSP (greater in most cases)

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's off topic, sort of, but a post up there was saying that the 3DS doesn't suit MH, that it's a step back from the PSP. I just showed that 3DS is on par or greater than the PSP (greater in most cases)

Oh, no, I understand why you made it, I just didnt get how the PSP version looked better.

D

Deleted_171835

I honestly still dont get why its 3ds only. Honestly the dumbest shlt I've heard.

Brb crappy graphics compared to psp

I was really skeptical about getting a Wii u for mh3u seeing i played the one on psp. But once i got the demo for the wii u, it felt completely different and i could see myself spending alot of time on it.
But no we're Capcom and we like to make shit difficult for ever effing person. Eff them for not planing on taking MH4 to consoles.

/rant
You haven't actually played Monster Hunter on the PSP, have you?

Chiejina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You haven't actually played Monster Hunter on the PSP, have you?
mh3rd and mhfu2 actually.
And to everyone else im just mad its not on the vita lol.
When i said backwards in tech i meant going for 3ds intead of vita. I feel like the vita has more potential but that's just me I guess.
And yeah I'd be mad if they released it for 3ds... and then console later seeing they said they wont. I mean id probably still get the console one but lying is frowned upon.
Honestly though i probably wouldn't be mad id just be excited lol.

Edit: That resident evil pic i believe looks sexy as hell haha. they did a good job with that. But from images that's not what mh4 is gonna look like. I'm not even mad about that tho... Vita would be a more natural fit to monster hunter than 3ds. Thats what i believe. (buttons, graphics, not being a small screen. although theres the xl.) The bottom screen for the hunters sack is pretty helpful ill give it that...

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mh3rd and mhfu2 actually.
And to everyone else im just mad its not on the vita lol.
When i said backwards in tech i meant going for 3ds intead of vita. I feel like the vita has more potential but that's just me I guess.
And yeah I'd be mad if they released it for 3ds... and then console later seeing they said they wont. I mean id probably still get the console one but lying is frowned upon.
Honestly though i probably wouldn't be mad id just be excited lol.

Edit: That resident evil pic i believe looks sexy as hell haha. they did a good job with that. But from images that's not what mh4 is gonna look like. I'm not even mad about that tho... Vita would be a more natural fit to monster hunter than 3ds. Thats what i believe. (buttons, graphics, not being a small screen. although theres the xl.) The bottom screen for the hunters sack is pretty helpful ill give it that...

MH4 doesnt even have a japanease release date yet, those could just be low poly models for the alpha build.

Chiejina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MH4 doesnt even have a japanease release date yet, those could just be low poly models for the alpha build.
Of course. My bad. Mh4 will always look better on the 3ds than it would ever on the vita.
/sarcasm.

Like I said that doesn't even matter about the graphics. It would be better on the vita.
Only thing 3ds has it has more ppl buying it because of its cheap factor/player base. And 3d I guess? Never even
turn that shiz on. MH would've sold the vita tho. In Japan at least. Oh well.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course. My bad. Mh4 will always look better on the 3ds than it would ever on the vita.
/sarcasm.

Like I said that doesn't even matter about the graphics. It would be better on the vita.
Only thing 3ds has it has more ppl buying it because of its cheap factor/player base. And 3d I guess? Never even
The PSP has it's own series, Freedom, freedom unite, portable 3rd.

Nintendo has the "tri" set of games.

Vita will get the next in the PSP series (probably called portable 4th), just watch. It's similar to the Shin Megami Tensei series, sony gets the SMT persona games, Nintendo gets (most) of the main SMT games (but not persona). Each system has its own set of the games.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

Vita will get the next in the PSP series (probably called portable 4th), just watch. It's similar to the Shin Megami Tensei series, sony gets the SMT persona games, Nintendo gets (most) of the main SMT games (but not persona). Each system has its own set of the games.
Not within in the next four years if the MH exclusivity rumor is true, the chances of this eventually hitting a home system is more likely though considering Capcom's history of releasing upgraded versions of the same game.

Chiejina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dont get my hopes up haha.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
/sarcasm.

When did I say it would look better then the Vita? How the hell would MH even PLAY better on the Vita? Oh wow, a second stick. They added the lock on system for that, oh look a touch screen, 3DS doesnt have one of those. Oh cool, a back panel, that will be great for over complicated menu navigation.

Your starting to sound like a whiny graphics whore rather then a dissapointed fan.

Reactions: pokefloote

Chiejina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When did I say it would look better then the Vita? How the hell would MH even PLAY better on the Vita? Oh wow, a second stick. They added the lock on system for that, oh look a touch screen, 3DS doesnt have one of those. Oh cool, a back panel, that will be great for over complicated menu navigation.

Your starting to sound like a whiny graphics whore rather then a dissapointed fan.

dude -_-.... you keep bringing up graphics thats why i keep mentioning it. I play pokemon... such a graphically demanding game.
Anyway i think it would be better. Thats all im saying. Idk why you're trying to pick a fight or w.e. you're doing. Lock on is lame.
would rather have 2 sticks than that. Its just what im used to and im sure it would be easier for everyone. MY BAD FOR HAVING A PREFERENCE.
Also never mentioned back pannel. I don't see how it would honestly even help the game. orrrr it can be another easy way to rotate the camera! random thought.

Im just saying you are you telling me that monster hunter wouldnt be better on the vita? if yes then ok. cool. If no then why are we even arguing? Mind you i didnt say look better. I mean better all around.

Edit: actually just ignore i said anything lol. Don't feel like arguing.

mr allen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude -_-.... you keep bringing up graphics thats why i keep mentioning it. I play pokemon... such a graphically demanding game.
Anyway i think it would be better. Thats all im saying. Idk why you're trying to pick a fight or w.e. you're doing. Lock on is lame.
would rather have 2 sticks than that. Its just what im used to and im sure it would be easier for everyone. MY BAD FOR HAVING A PREFERENCE.
Also never mentioned back pannel. I don't see how it would honestly even help the game. orrrr it can be another easy way to rotate the camera! random thought.

Im just saying you are you telling me that monster hunter wouldnt be better on the vita? if yes then ok. cool. If no then why are we even arguing? Mind you i didnt say look better. I mean better all around.

Edit: actually just ignore i said anything lol. Don't feel like arguing.
You started arguing with him because you are pissed that MH4 isn't on the Vita and your only argument is that the Vita has a second analog stick, which the 3ds has.

Chiejina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You started arguing with him because you are pissed that MH4 isn't on the Vita and your only argument is that the Vita has a second analog stick, which the 3ds has.

That detachable thing feels awkward as hell to me lol. i got it to play Kingdom hearts but i just took it off after 5 minutes. Yeah thats the only thing i bring up but its kinda known the vita has more power than 3ds.
http://www.geek.com/articles/games/ps-vita-vs-nintendo-3ds-how-the-specs-compare-20120216/

I'm not sure if he's trying to say it wouldn't be better on the vita. They will have so much more to work with. I'm no fanboy. If it only comes for 3ds ill get the 3ds also. Hell the only sony product ive had was a psp. But he can't sit there saying the it wont play better on the vita. It would be like child's play for the vita to run any game the 3ds has. The sad thing is its not coming for the vita but yes. It would look and play better. Especially with that open world idea they have. It would be easier to implement with he vita because they have so much more to work with in terms of power not just graphics. For goodness sakes. it can play some ps3 games! of course it would play better.

I'll say it again. Only things the 3ds has over the vita are Its 3d, and the bottom touchscreen. And i guess fan-base. Then again it has had more time and no ones really supporting the vita. Has a low selection of actually good games. ;(.

Xuang

Professional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are a MH fan and played it on the PSP, you could always do this :
C1iCRYk.png

Also, the touch screen D-PAD can extend to cover one entire half of the screen. Here's a video :

I personally think this game looks quite good. I'm considering getting a 3DS XL just for this (well and Pokemon X/Y)

You know even after looking at the many different ways to claw or just plain touching the screen (which I don't even want to do even if it already has a clear cover on it) I'd still rather buy a circle pad pro and I'll still complain about it's price 20 bucks and how it was suppose to be on the system in the first place. I don't mind clawing on my psp though... good times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.