• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

krismason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im having problems with super mario galaxy via 2 different usb loaders freezing on the first cut scene, super mario galaxy more freezes randomnly.. any ideas?

I did this about 2 months ago and havent had time to look at it again, im lost where to pickup again, people said to try different ISO's but I got them from a friend and they all work perfect on his Wii and on my sis's.

Should I restore my nand backup and try and softmod again? or run the softmod just over the top again following the steps back?

The games load they just freeze up at points of the hard drive.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
krismason said:
Im having problems with super mario galaxy via 2 different usb loaders freezing on the first cut scene, super mario galaxy more freezes randomnly.. any ideas?

I did this about 2 months ago and havent had time to look at it again, im lost where to pickup again, people said to try different ISO's but I got them from a friend and they all work perfect on his Wii and on my sis's.

Should I restore my nand backup and try and softmod again? or run the softmod just over the top again following the steps back?

The games load they just freeze up at points of the hard drive.
softmod it again without restoring anything

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The Composer said:
Can someone add in the title or description that Red Wiis can also be hacked?
Done
tongue.gif

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question,
I see this in the guide:

Re-installing the HBC
ONLY needed if HBC is not running under IOS58.

I am about to mod a new wii that is 4.3. How do I know what IOS HBC is running under once I get done with the guide?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Reboot said:
Quick question,
I see this in the guide:

Re-installing the HBC
ONLY needed if HBC is not running under IOS58.

I am about to mod a new wii that is 4.3. How do I know what IOS HBC is running under once I get done with the guide?
After you installed the HBC, press the Home button in the HBC and it'll tell what IOS it uses.
Though it'll most likely use IOS58 if you are on 4.3.

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to format my HDD if I want to use it on a new hacked Wii? Or just try another loader version?

Trying to use a HDD that I used on my old hacked Wii and now it won't load on my new hacked Wii. It's the same console.

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's formatted with WBFS. Already has like 50 games on it. Connects to the Wii, but says "nonGB free out of nonGB". Using USBLoader GX v1000.

Will probably format anyways, can always replace the games.

Will try that too, thanks.

It worked, thanks C.S.I. and burritoboy9984.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've modded my 4.3 virgin wii using this guide to the Letter, I've got everything running perfectly so far. I want to install a USB Loader but I am uninformed of whether I need to install another cIOS before installing the loader and if so which cIOS is recommended, as well as which loader is recommended. If I do not need to install an addition cIOS then how would I go about installing a USB loader? I want to get this straight before I go adding something that may screw up the system.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
RchUncleSkeleton said:
I've modded my 4.3 virgin wii using this guide to the Letter, I've got everything running perfectly so far. I want to install a USB Loader but I am uninformed of whether I need to install another cIOS before installing the loader and if so which cIOS is recommended, as well as which loader is recommended. If I do not need to install an addition cIOS then how would I go about installing a USB loader? I want to get this straight before I go adding something that may screw up the system.
you softmoded a wii correct? good
you followed THIS guide? yes? good

now chose your loader: wiiflow, usbgx

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey, sorry for repeatedly asking amateur questions, but will a bricked wii of the newer kind (v4.3e, no boot2 installs possible) be able to start priiloader at all?

recently i learned that apparently, newer wiis are screwed on brick

also still: has any of the more used emulators ever bricked a wii?

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clydefrosch said:
hey, sorry for repeatedly asking amateur questions, but will a bricked wii of the newer kind (v4.3e, no boot2 installs possible) be able to start priiloader at all?

recently i learned that apparently, newer wiis are screwed on brick

also still: has any of the more used emulators ever bricked a wii?

I believe it depends on the type of brick, try launching priiloader by powering on with the reset button. Can you get anywhere on the wii? Or always just a black screen?

And to answer your question about emulators causing bricks, I don't see why any would, as they don't mess with system files afaik.

-Erik

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah, i dont even have the wii unpacked yet xD
still about 8 hours to go and im not getting ygo for another few weeks, I'm just really paranoid about this whole bricking thing.

in a german forum, i read something about a recovery menu to fix bricked wiis using metroid other m and breaking open a gamecube controller to press all D-Pad directions... is there anything to that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: make up his mind dude