burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
burritoboy9984 said:
mauifrog said:
Apparently this guide bricks Korean wiis with error 003.

Elaborate?

-Erik
When the Korean wii (region changed) updates to 4.2, it get the 003 error at boot. I should have mentioned the region change in my first post.

That is what I assumed you referring to before I edited my post. My original post went something like this.

"If you are referring to people updating a region changed korean wii to 4.2, then it is assumed they already know the risks of updating a korean wii to 4.2 as the guide/documentation they read before region changing more than likely warned them of it."

-Erik

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So how do I run/install WiiWare on my Wii ? Also can I load Gamecube ISO's with some sort of USB launcher ? I got the black wii so it can't boot any dvd's.

I've tried WAD Manager but it gives me error whenever I try to install a wad file ex WiiWare game :/

Btw I've modded my Wii using this tut here : http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader

Edit : I need idiotproof instructions.. All this talk about revs and basically everything about softmodding is just really confusing. Using that guide was simple so I did what was said in there but I had no idea what I was doing. I've installed bootmii using that guide by the way, will that let me unbrick my Wii if my Wii got bricked when installing an app from the WAD Manager ?

Droskies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok ok so i finally got around to doing the update, i followed directions to the t but it keeps saying that there is no usb device found, i have been using the same external HD the whole time and never any problems, i need help please, id attach the files from the last time i did this but i dont see an attach file button or anything

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Distrance said:
So how do I run/install WiiWare on my Wii ? Also can I load Gamecube ISO's with some sort of USB launcher ? I got the black wii so it can't boot any dvd's.

I've tried WAD Manager but it gives me error whenever I try to install a wad file ex WiiWare game :/

Btw I've modded my Wii using this tut here : http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader

Edit : I need idiotproof instructions.. All this talk about revs and basically everything about softmodding is just really confusing. Using that guide was simple so I did what was said in there but I had no idea what I was doing. I've installed bootmii using that guide by the way, will that let me unbrick my Wii if my Wii got bricked when installing an app from the WAD Manager ?

For gamecube and usb, hit up the dios-mios thread.

Follow this guide.

QUOTE(Droskies @ Nov 27 2010, 07:40 PM) ok ok so i finally got around to doing the update, i followed directions to the t but it keeps saying that there is no usb device found, i have been using the same external HD the whole time and never any problems, i need help please, id attach the files from the last time i did this but i dont see an attach file button or anything

What update?

-Erik

Droskies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Droskies said:
ok ok so i finally got around to doing the update, i followed directions to the t but it keeps saying that there is no usb device found, i have been using the same external HD the whole time and never any problems, i need help please, id attach the files from the last time i did this but i dont see an attach file button or anything
QUOTEWhat update?

-Erik

not so much an update but its been a while since the files on my wii have matched that of the ones on this guide,
but i have figured it out now, had to resart the wii and load with ios522, every thing seems to be working fine exxcept the new super mario but i never could get that one to work

thatone313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just modded my 10th wii and ran into a small issue. Its a Black Wii already on 4.3, Hack worked fine but in the mod manager I was getting a fail when attempting to install the wads. I IOS was loading on IOS58, I changed it to IOS236 and it seemed to correct the issue. Is this a normal step with the newer wii's?

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
had the same problem with the last 2 wii's i did, and indeed changing to 236 allowed me to install wads. you can edit the MMM config to change to 236 on load.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Dios mios ? I searched and only got bunch of irrelevant topics as results from way back in April 2010 ...

thatone313 : I think it's just related to the current cIOS/IOS you have installed .. But doesn't matter since you can change it on fly on MMM .. I personally changed it to 249 to install them but I guess it doesn't matter.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thatone313 said:
Just modded my 10th wii and ran into a small issue. Its a Black Wii already on 4.3, Hack worked fine but in the mod manager I was getting a fail when attempting to install the wads. I IOS was loading on IOS58, I changed it to IOS236 and it seemed to correct the issue. Is this a normal step with the newer wii's?

yes i had 58 ios with red wii and i changed it to IOS 249

thatone313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question, im having an issue using my mic in the second usb port since my hard drive is in the first. I found a wad that works with def jam rapstar but not with disney singit or singstar.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
solyxius said:
Hey xzxero,

Thanks for the guide!

Note however, the up42e.zip file has MMM v13.2 on it, no IOS236 installer or associated .wad and no Priiloader ...

Also at the step -

Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS (The good stuff!)
Run 1. Multi-Mod Manager 13.4
When on the main menu, press right to go to WAD manager.
Press 1 to select all the WAD's then A to install them.

You need to add -

Then go to the Other folder and again press 1 to select all the WAD's then A to install them.

Cheers,
solly

Try re-reading the guide
smile.gif

-Erik

solyxius

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Erik, feel like such an idiot
blink.gif
What a monumental FAIL of a first post ;-)

Although MMM is still v13.2 ... and the USB Loader GX forwarder for Priiloader and channel and cIOS249[57]-v20.wad for Black Ops and cIOS 222/223 Installer v4 would also be nice inclusions.

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating my mod tools, just got a quick question: is tbr even needed? It's included in the download, but I would think the 236 patch would make it not worth my time.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
after installing homebrew and stuff, i know systemupdates are a nono, but what about other updates? like the online channel or the photochannel?
and connections to the nintendo services (minus firmwareupdate) in general, will they be without danger?

thanks~

egarci12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to have problem loading the priiloader hack. I load the program by reset button on the wii so I know the program is there. When i so to the install hackk option i get "not found version something located"
I went to the softmod guide (.tk domain) read to understand with no luck. when to another site wiihacks and looked at thier guide instructions to load the prii loader hack and also no luck. I know Im going something wrong but cant fiufre it out

My wii is at 4.2u

I bought it used

Did the complete soft mod guide instructions first

then decided to use this guide since it seems to be up to date

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thank in advance

freekshow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am having a bit of trouble modding my wii, its version 4.3u, i copied the 43mod to a sd card and put it in the wii and launched super smash brothers brawl. I go to vault and than stage builder and than it just freezes and makes a buzzing noise, any ideas?
Thanks

Red4Ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked my kids wii with this mod about 9 months ago - I just got my kids a new game with a wii motion plus and it is asking to update the wii.

If i update it will i probably need to redo the softmod or definitely or not?

TY
smile.gif

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you update from the disc then yes, you may even brick your wii just install priiloader and enable the hack "Block Disc Updates" that's pretty simple eh?

Red4Ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
if you update from the disc then yes, you may even brick your wii just install priiloader and enable the hack "Block Disc Updates" that's pretty simple eh?

If i do that will this game "Flingsmash" work or should i just download it somewhere
smile.gif
?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i love sigma meals, skibidi slicers!!