costanza1008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
costanza1008 said:
Hi there, I've got my first 4.3U to mod... Woohoo (I hope)... Which of the methods works best for a virgin 4.3U that I've just taken out of the box and turned on??? I see there's a few options, just wondering which one is best to use on new 4.3... As always, thanks for all the help!!!

The end result will be the same on all. Just choose which one by whichever game you have easiest access to...

-Erik
Thanks Eric! I'll rent one of the games and try it out... I'll post back how it goes and if there's any problems...

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, 'm a complete n00b to this, (didn't even know you could until yesterday). I have a version 4.3E wii and it's not LEH250+ if that makes any difference. I have started reading the 'CompleteSoftmod' Guide and am getting quite confused. I sorta get that there's a lot of different programs for lots of different things and i think i can manage through all that...

What id don't get is what i personally need to do seeing as i have a 4.3E wii which has never been modded before.
Also don't have a GC controller, i have LEGO Indiana Jones (PAL), a wifi connection and my wii was bought december sometime in 2008 if these things make any difference.

Any simple explanation would be greatly appreciated thanks.

EDIT: Woot, im now an 'Advanced Member' whatever that means....

costanza1008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
costanza1008 said:
burritoboy9984 said:
costanza1008 said:
Hi there, I've got my first 4.3U to mod... Woohoo (I hope)... Which of the methods works best for a virgin 4.3U that I've just taken out of the box and turned on??? I see there's a few options, just wondering which one is best to use on new 4.3... As always, thanks for all the help!!!

The end result will be the same on all. Just choose which one by whichever game you have easiest access to...

-Erik
Thanks Eric! I'll rent one of the games and try it out... I'll post back how it goes and if there's any problems...

Hey there, troubles in paradise... I bought Super Smash Bros Brawl (regretting that now), and went to main menu, Vault, then selected stage builder (did not create a new profile) and it opens the screen for Stage builder but seems to hang there... It has all the options on the screen to create a new one, but seems to be locked up and doesn't respond.

I've tried making sure I'm connected to internet in case that was needed,
I've tried having SD card in there with the newest 4.3 Mod files in case it needs to read from it,

It seems to hang when the SD card is in there. If I leave it out and then go to vault it loads up, and doesn't hang. Do I need SD card in there with mod4.3 download in there? I believe I do. As soon as I put it in there, the system hangs. I can't do anything else on that screen without sd card in there, when I click new it says no SD card in system, so I put one in with the code and it hangs... Is this not the proper step?
This is a brand new wii bought yesterday...

Any ideas what I can try to get it to run the hackmii installer. Is there something I missed?

Thanks for your help!!

EDIT: I've copied the new private foler from the Smash Stack hack to the SD card and renamed the old on to privateold... I'm using the 4.3mod file with all the files in it, so I'm using the boot.elf that's on the root... Is this all right??? It still locks up on me as soon as the SD card is in there when I go to vault...
So what I have on my fat 32 2GB SD card is :
boot.elf
hacks
IOS36-64-v3351.wad
mmmconfig

---downloaded smash stack hack

Help...
ohmy.gif
)

costanza1008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icebrg5 said:
I think your forgetting to delete the 3 stages that are already built.Until you delete those it will hang every time.

K, got it working... I'm in the middle of modding, but will post back what I did to get working... Problem was user error (of course!!), but may help others trying to mod... Back in a bit with more info...

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
icebrg5 said:
Very frustrating.
yeah i know man my bad
gonna update the guide pretty soon just setting things up with burritoboy/eric

I look forward to the update as this is the only guide ive used on the 30+ wiis i have modded.

It was pissing me off though as the v3 version worked five minutes earlier
on a different wii but wouldn't work on the brand new out of box black wii,but like i said v5 worked the first time without
any issues and i will definitely keep it on my sd card from now on for situations like this.

mmmmbeer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
icebrg5 said:
Very frustrating.
yeah i know man my bad

I used this mod this time last year.Files and procedure for doing it where a bit more drawn out then than now.I have used the newer files on other wii's which worked fine.

Can I redo the softmod on my own wii by simply following the guide again or will this be risky?

My wii has been having issues lately,some stack errors at startup and my USB loader freezes alot.

If I cant redo it is there a way of upgrading the softmod?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Wizzerzak said:
hi, 'm a complete n00b to this, (didn't even know you could until yesterday). I have a version 4.3E wii and it's not LEH250+ if that makes any difference. I have started reading the 'CompleteSoftmod' Guide and am getting quite confused. I sorta get that there's a lot of different programs for lots of different things and i think i can manage through all that...

What id don't get is what i personally need to do seeing as i have a 4.3E wii which has never been modded before.
Also don't have a GC controller, i have LEGO Indiana Jones (PAL), a wifi connection and my wii was bought december sometime in 2008 if these things make any difference.

umm... any help here please? i really want to do this but haven't really a clue where to start...

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizzerzak said:

I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible. If you read the first post, and you don't understand what you need to do, you probably shouldn't mod your wii.

mmmmbeer said:
xzxero said:
QUOTE(icebrg5 @ Dec 5 2010, 02:53 PM) Very frustrating.
yeah i know man my bad

I used this mod this time last year.Files and procedure for doing it where a bit more drawn out then than now.I have used the newer files on other wii's which worked fine.

Can I redo the softmod on my own wii by simply following the guide again or will this be risky?

My wii has been having issues lately,some stack errors at startup and my USB loader freezes alot.

If you are having issues, I would follow the update 42 part, if you already have the hbc, you can skip the bannerbomb part. Just follow everything after.

-Erik

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
burritoboy9984 said:
Wizzerzak said:

I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible. If you read the first post, and you don't understand what you need to do, you probably shouldn't mod your wii.

I have read the first page and the complete softmod guide, it's just theres so many ways to go from there i need to know what to start with.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an fyi, file packs are being updated... Everything is more or less automated now... VERY little interaction is required. The first post should be updated when xzxero logs in
smile.gif

-Erik

mmmmbeer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mmmmbeer said:
xzxero said:
icebrg5 said:
Very frustrating.
yeah i know man my bad

Anybody?????

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mmmmbeer said:
mmmmbeer said:
xzxero said:
icebrg5 said:
Very frustrating.
yeah i know man my bad

Anybody?????

Try reading a couple of posts up where I already posted the answer...

-Erik

bigkiddy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems when it comes to installing the cIOSs with Multi-Mod Manager. I can install all of them except IOS58. Can anybody help me with this step?

bigkiddy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As it's installing it stops on content 7/19 (-1022) It says 1 did not complete.
I am running syscheck now and I'll post what it says when it's done.

So syscheck has stopped while it checks for IOS vulnerabilities. It gets to about 75% and stops. At that point the disk try light starts blinking.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try formatting the sd card, and downloading the latest pack. Sounds like the ios58 wad got corrupted at some point during the copying. The first post hasn't been updated yet, just run "2. YAWM Multimod Batch" and see if they all install.

-Erik

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo