Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yuan said:
FIX94 said:
Which MIOS patcher are you using? A Link is enough.

mios patcher v0.3 modified by attila

I even tried the official v0.2 with both online/offline installation and on both the same error showed.
laugh.gif
I never got the 0.3 or the official 0.2 to work. I don't know if the recommend cMIOS from NeoGamma also works, but you can definitely install it. Start this installer, load IOS36 and install the patched MIOS.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
FIX94 said:
Yuan said:
FIX94 said:
Which MIOS patcher are you using? A Link is enough.

mios patcher v0.3 modified by attila

I even tried the official v0.2 with both online/offline installation and on both the same error showed.
laugh.gif
I never got the 0.3 or the official 0.2 to work. I don't know if the recommend cMIOS from NeoGamma also works, but you can definitely install it. Start this installer, load IOS36 and install the patched MIOS.

Thanks! I will try it later. But this MIOS will change in any way my compatibility with gc original discs or other issue?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yuan said:
Thanks! I will try it later. But this MIOS will change in any way my compatibility with gc original discs or other issue?
This cMIOS is basically the same than the official 0.2, it's using a new installer and MIOS 10 base, like the unofficial v0.3. So I don't think it will make a difference.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
FIX94 said:
Yuan said:
This cMIOS is basically the same than the official 0.2, it's using a new installer and MIOS 10 base, like the unofficial v0.3. So I don't think it will make a difference.

Just installed, worked flawlessly. Thanks
smile.gif

Just out of curiosity, if I select Install MIOS selecting no @ enable homebrew/backups it will install the clean MIOS again?

EDIT:
QUOTE(burritoboy9984 @ Aug 28 2010, 06:32 PM)
Assuming you have the files from the mod42 on the sd card, you can load up MMM and go to app manager and then launch the MIOS patcher. It will run under IOS36. I don't know if this is your problem or not, as I don't mess with anything gamecube. You could try here if you are still having issues perhaps.

-Erik

I only saw your post now, thanks for your help too!

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i helped a friend mod his wii and here is his system check i just wanna make sure everything is in order (he is running 4.3U with HBC 1.0.8)

DOP-Mii Report
Region North America (U)
Hollywood Version 0x11

IOS Version FakeSign ES_Identify NAND Flash
250 (v20) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
249 (v20) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
224 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
223 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
222 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
202 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
80 (v6943) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
61 (v5661) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
58 (v6175) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
57 (v5918) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
56 (v5661) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
55 (v5662) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
53 (v5662) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
41 (v2835) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
38 (v4123) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
37 (v5662) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
36 (v3607) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
35 (v3607) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
34 (v3607) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
33 (v3607) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
31 (v3607) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
28 (v1806) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
22 (v1293) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
21 (v1038) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
17 (v1031) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
15 (v1031) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
14 (v1031) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
13 (v1031) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
12 (v525) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
9 (v1034) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled

if anything looks off please do tell

montyzoomer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@burritoboy, The wad I tried to install has been made region free, Ive installed it on other Wiis, but never on a modded 4.2.

If a Wii was updated to 4.2 thru nintendo site and then i mod it using this guide, should i delete the official stub IOS and install the IOS from the
update to 4.2 zip file?

Or should i just leave the official stubs there?

Ill answer my own question.

MMM says its not recomended to delete the IOS stubs, (itll only save a bit of space)

The Update to 4.2 zip file doesnt even have the Stub IOS files, so i cant replace them.

I should have been using the WAD manager in MMM as it just installed the Wiiware wad without the -1029 error

thanks anyways..

sylleryum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
my wii is in 4.0, if i made the update for 4.2 i will lose the save of games??? if yes how can i make backup???
and i can start this tutorial suddenly of i need have some ios on my wii??

montyzoomer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sylleryum said:
my wii is in 4.0, if i made the update for 4.2 i will lose the save of games??? if yes how can i make backup???
and i can start this tutorial suddenly of i need have some ios on my wii??

No you wont lose any save files. Just send the e-mail, download the files and follow the instructions.

ibds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi... I had softmodded my wii to the 4.2 menu in the past... now I followed the guide to update to 4.3..
I did every step and installed priiloader.. but when I clicked to go to system menu there was just a black screen and a text "4.2 Usa" on the right bottom...
Did I do anything wrong??

Now I'm running the nand recovery.. hope my wii works again...

Tks for any help and tks for the guide...

Redmanning12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modify 4.3: Are you suppose to download Smashstack, or does the 43mod.zip folder already have it? and if i do, would i put it on the root of the SD card?
and do you need Hackmii installer 0.8?

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ibds said:
Hi... I had softmodded my wii to the 4.2 menu in the past... now I followed the guide to update to 4.3..
I did every step and installed priiloader.. but when I clicked to go to system menu there was just a black screen and a text "4.2 Usa" on the right bottom...

This guide doesn't have an option to update to 4.3. I assume you meant 4.2. But regardless, it sounds like you enabled recovery mode inside priiloader, just disable it and save.

QUOTE(Redmanning12 @ Aug 29 2010, 10:30 AM) Modify 4.3: Are you suppose to download Smashstack, or does the 43mod.zip folder already have it? and if i do, would i put it on the root of the SD card?

Everything you need is in the 43mod.zip
smile.gif

-Erik

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
montyzoomer said:
I should have been using the WAD manager in MMM as it just installed the Wiiware wad without the -1029 error

thanks anyways..

This is because MMM is based on Wad Manager 1.7 and it reloads IOS36(if you still have the mmmconfig.txt from the file packs you got). Wad Managers older than 1.7 have issues running under IOS58.

-Erik

sylleryum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ibds said:

check the preloader options, someone on this topic said the same thing

ibds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sylleryum said:
ibds said:

check the preloader options, someone on this topic said the same thing

I just didnt installed the priiloader and worked.. but I'll try later.
But I realized that may console already had the IOSs from the update..
Now Im installing the cIOS Installer Xr20b... I just want to update to play the new Metroid..

Obrigado pela ajuda.
wink.gif

Redmanning12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
ibds said:

This guide doesn't have an option to update to 4.3. I assume you meant 4.2. But regardless, it sounds like you enabled recovery mode inside priiloader, just disable it and save.

QUOTE(Redmanning12 @ Aug 29 2010, 10:30 AM) Modify 4.3: Are you suppose to download Smashstack, or does the 43mod.zip folder already have it? and if i do, would i put it on the root of the SD card?

smile.gif

-Erik
well i dont have any custom stages and i put the 43mod.zip on the SD card put it in the wii went on SSBB stage builder then BANG nothing happens.........
hate2.gif

ibds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Redmanning12 said:
burritoboy9984 said:
ibds said:

smile.gif

-Erik
well i dont have any custom stages and i put the 43mod.zip on the SD card put it in the wii went on SSBB stage builder then BANG nothing happens.........
hate2.gif

I meant 4.3... but after installing I understood that the guide was for 4.2...

Now Im installing the Waninkoko firmware upgrade for v4.3..

Tks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol