• Total voters

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Norge said:
Thanks Eril

Now the problem with Korean Wii was that I did not know that it was one...and the guide in this post did not provide a warning. That was my point..I realise the Complete Guide has the warning...

IOS58 worked fine
WiiMC and Forwarder/Channel working fine
USB Loader GX working from HBC but Wad Manager in MMC refuses to install USB Loader GX forwarder/channel.

Should I try Wad Manager 1.7 instead?

Thanks again.

N

MMM is based of Wad Manager 1.7, so I doubt that will help, but it can't hurt. What error message does it give you? Might not be MMM's fault, could be a bad wad. Have you tried to re-download the channel?

-Erik

QUOTE(karyuudo @ Aug 27 2010, 09:56 AM) Love this tutorial, everything worked up until installing Priiloader

Whenever I try and do an installation I get the following error message:

ES_Identity Failed, error 4294966279. ios37 not patched with ES_DIVerify? using cios (holding b and them pressing + or - ) will probably solve this.
Do you wish to continue?

So I try and do the the b and + option and it says that the cios is not patched, even though I'm using Waninkoko's latest version (and I'm assuming it's patched.)

I've tried to use Pimp My Wii to update the IOS's and that hasn't helped either

Can someone please assist me?

You either
A) Didn't update to 4.2.
B) Didn't re-install the hbc after you ran the up42.

But regardless, if you follow the guide for priiloader correctly, you shouldn't get the message above unless the trucha for 36 didn't work because you didn't update first.
smile.gif

-Erik

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry if this has been asked before, but i have a 3.4U wii which i softmodded a long time ago using a different guide. can i follow this guide as written to upgrade to 4.2?

karyuudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
Norge said:
Thanks Eril

Now the problem with Korean Wii was that I did not know that it was one...and the guide in this post did not provide a warning. That was my point..I realise the Complete Guide has the warning...

IOS58 worked fine
WiiMC and Forwarder/Channel working fine
USB Loader GX working from HBC but Wad Manager in MMC refuses to install USB Loader GX forwarder/channel.

Should I try Wad Manager 1.7 instead?

Thanks again.

N

MMM is based of Wad Manager 1.7, so I doubt that will help, but it can't hurt. What error message does it give you? Might not be MMM's fault, could be a bad wad. Have you tried to re-download the channel?

-Erik

QUOTE(karyuudo @ Aug 27 2010, 09:56 AM) Love this tutorial, everything worked up until installing Priiloader

ES_Identity Failed, error 4294966279. ios37 not patched with ES_DIVerify? using cios (holding b and them pressing + or - ) will probably solve this.
Do you wish to continue?

So I try and do the the b and + option and it says that the cios is not patched, even though I'm using Waninkoko's latest version (and I'm assuming it's patched.)

You either
A) Didn't update to 4.2.
B) Didn't re-install the hbc after you ran the up42.

But regardless, if you follow the guide for priiloader correctly, you shouldn't get the message above unless the trucha for 36 didn't work because you didn't update first.
smile.gif

-Erik

Hi Erik,

A) My system is at 4.2U
B) Yes I did re-install my HBC after I did the 4.2 update.

Any other suggestions?

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hbc shouldn't be using ios37 if you did re-install the hbc... But as I said above, it doesn't really matter. If you read and follow the guide correctly you wouldn't have the problem you are having
smile.gif
Try re-reading the priiloader section
smile.gif

-Erik

Posts merged

fattest said:
sorry if this has been asked before, but i have a 3.4U wii which i softmodded a long time ago using a different guide. can i follow this guide as written to upgrade to 4.2?

Yes, just follow the Update to 4.2 and then Modify 4.2

-Erik

Norge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
burritoboy9984 said:
The hbc shouldn't be using ios37 if you did re-install the hbc... But as I said above, it doesn't really matter. If you read and follow the guide correctly you wouldn't have the problem you are having
smile.gif
Try re-reading the priiloader section
smile.gif

-Erik

Posts merged

fattest said:

Yes, just follow the Update to 4.2 and then Modify 4.2

-Erik

I had the same problem with priiloader...the trivk was to hold doen B and then plus sign at the OPENING SCREEN of Priiloader..not when you get the error message...

In terms of MMM not installing wad,,,,WAD Manager 1.7 fixed the problem. I think (!) that MMM has IOS58 loaded (last one installed) and hence the wad did not install. Could that be the case. Should I have loades say IOS249 and then gone to the MMM Wad manager?

Thanks again for all help

Norge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
karyuudo said:
Love this tutorial, everything worked up until installing Priiloader

Do you wish to continue?

Hold down B and then press + button on the opening screen of priiloader (NOT the second screen)...message about "will probably fix this" still appears but continuing with the installation from here worked for me.

Good luck

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Norge said:
I had the same problem with priiloader...the trivk was to hold doen B and then plus sign at the OPENING SCREEN of Priiloader..not when you get the error message...

In terms of MMM not installing wad,,,,WAD Manager 1.7 fixed the problem. I think (!) that MMM has IOS58 loaded (last one installed) and hence the wad did not install. Could that be the case. Should I have loades say IOS249 and then gone to the MMM Wad manager?

QUOTE(Norge @ Aug 27 2010, 04:15 PM) Hold down B and then press + button on the opening screen of priiloader (NOT the second screen)...message about "will probably fix this" still appears but continuing with the installation from here worked for me.

Good luck
IF he followed the guide, he wouldn't get the error
smile.gif

-Erik

BumFace

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i haven't done this mod yet, but soon will (need an SD card lol) just a quick question,

if i install bootmii as Boot2 and then back up NAND (bootmii folder, nand.bin, keys.bin)

and then remove it from the SD card, would Bootmii still load up before the warning screen with the SD card in the wii?(removed NAND backup from SD and bootmii, and backed up somewhere else)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
BumFace said:
well i haven't done this mod yet, but soon will (need an SD card lol) just a quick question,

if i install bootmii as Boot2 and then back up NAND (bootmii folder, nand.bin, keys.bin)

and then remove it from the SD card, would Bootmii still load up before the warning screen with the SD card in the wii?(removed NAND backup from SD and bootmii, and backed up somewhere else)
No, it will not load, it will start the system menu. To restore the backup, copy the bootmii folder nand.bin and keys.bin back.

Norge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
burritoboy9984 said:
Norge said:

QUOTE(Norge @ Aug 27 2010, 04:15 PM) Hold down B and then press + button on the opening screen of priiloader (NOT the second screen)...message about "will probably fix this" still appears but continuing with the installation from here worked for me.

Good luck
IF he followed the guide, he wouldn't get the error
smile.gif

-Erik

well....I followed the guide (but did not have to update to 4.2 - was already there)....but still got the error...on 4.2E

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Norge said:
well....I followed the guide (but did not have to update to 4.2 - was already there)....but still got the error...on 4.2E

IF you would actually re-read the guide (as I have stated you need to do several times), you would realize you need to launch priiloader from inside MMM and not the hbc.

QUOTE(hxcmusic @ Aug 27 2010, 09:51 PM) Used this guide today to update from 3.2U. What rev cIOS does this install?

Read objective #4
smile.gif

-Erik

montyzoomer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just modded a 4.2E using this guide but I get a -1029 error when i try installing Wiiware Wads.

Everything else worked ie. discs play, so other wads installed.

Can anyone suggest how i install Wiiware Wads.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Modded my 4.2 new wii 3 days ago and everything went fine. But today I tried to install MIOS patcher (to run gc backups via gecko) and it refuses to download/read the files to install. Giving an ES_Decrypt Error -1017 HASH BAD

Here my sysCheck

sysCheck v2.0 by Double_A
...runs on IOS61 (rev 5405).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.2 (v481)
Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 128363314
Boot2 v4

Found 84 titles.
Found 39 IOS on this console. 10 of them are stub.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 778): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 269): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 273): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 520): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 257): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 775): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1038): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1037): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1550): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3091): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3348): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 3869): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 3867): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5406): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5405): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5661): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5405): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6687): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2010/08/28.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
FIX94 said:
@Yuan:
Can you choose a IOS for installation? If yes, choose IOS36, this will work.

I'm a total noob at wii hacking
frown.gif
. How can I know if can I choose a IOS for installation?

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you have the files from the mod42 on the sd card, you can load up MMM and go to app manager and then launch the MIOS patcher. It will run under IOS36. I don't know if this is your problem or not, as I don't mess with anything gamecube. You could try here if you are still having issues perhaps.

-Erik

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
FIX94 said:
Which MIOS patcher are you using? A Link is enough.

mios patcher v0.3 modified by attila

I even tried the official v0.2 with both online/offline installation and on both the same error showed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw