gpt1plon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gpt1plon said:
Hello,

I am on 4.3 Wan, can I apply this guide to downgrade to 4.2 ?

Thanks

Hi, here is the log:

sysCheck v2.0 by Double_A
...runs on IOS36 (rev 3607).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3 (v514)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: xxxxxxxx
Boot2 v2

Found 139 titles.
Found 41 IOS on this console. 9 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 525): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 1031): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 1031): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS15 (rev 1031): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1031): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1038): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS22 (rev 1293): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS28 (rev 1806): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3607): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS33 (rev 3607): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS34 (rev 3607): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS35 (rev 3607): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 3607): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5662): Trucha Bug
IOS38 (rev 4123): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5662): Trucha Bug
IOS55 (rev 5406): Trucha Bug
IOS56 (rev 5661): Trucha Bug
IOS57 (rev 5918): Trucha Bug
IOS58 (rev 6175): Trucha Bug
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5661): Trucha Bug
IOS70 (rev 6687): Trucha Bug
IOS80 (rev 6943): Trucha Bug
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249 (rev 19): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS253 (rev 6687): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2010/08/23.

Thanks.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can use the guide, you can skip installing hbc and bootmii (although it wouldn't be a bad idea to make a backup before you do this...)

Just download the up42e.zip pack, once you load MMM as it says, go down to Load another IOS and select IOS 249 ... It should now say something really close to: Load another IOS - (current IOS249 v19)... Then,

*Really important stuff here! Do not skip or alter steps in any way!*
While on the main menu, press right to go to WAD manager then press 1.
You should see IOS70-64-v6687.wad and System Menu-NUS-v48x.wad (NTSC-J = 480; NTSC = 481; PAL = 482).
Press A to install. Then press any button when finished.
Now go down to Other and press A. Then press 1.
It should say Selected 23 for installation.. press A to install.
*End.*
You can then erase everything from the up42.zip & setup everything from the 42mod.zip
Advance to the Modify 4.2 section to reinstall the Homebrew Channel so it can run under the correct IOS.

You shouldn't have any problems... You will need to do the Modify 4.2 section obviously... If you run into any issues, let us know...

-Erik

ccc123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I have a Wii with 3.2U.

I have installed HBC and did Bootmii as well to protect my Wii from harm.

I tried putting Wad Manager into 'apps' folder on the root of the SD Card but everytime I load up HBC, it doesn't show up.

Is this due to me being on 3.2U?
Does that mean HBC is pretty useless on 3.2U and its only function is truly for brick protection?

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
ccc123 said:
Hello.

I have a Wii with 3.2U.

I have installed HBC and did Bootmii as well to protect my Wii from harm.

I tried putting Wad Manager into 'apps' folder on the root of the SD Card but everytime I load up HBC, it doesn't show up.

Is this due to me being on 3.2U?
Does that mean HBC is pretty useless on 3.2U and its only function is truly for brick protection?

BootMii works best if you create a backup, I assume you've done that, if not, go do it now!

Firmware version shouldn't stop WAD Manager showing up. WADManager.dol should be renamed boot.dol and placed in SD:\apps\wad_manager\ e.g.:

SD:\apps\wad_manager\boot.dol

batttie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had plenty of success modifying 4.2 and lower, so I haven't needed to ask many questions over the years and really wouldn't consider myself a noob. I've searched for several hours now and I can't find much info about installing Hermes V5.1 on system menu 4.3. I've got Wankos rev 20 with several different bases installed, and they went without a hitch. I've deleted all stubs from 202,222,223,224 and I get error bad hash -1037. The only info I've come across is is that the error occurs when the trucha bug is not installed on ios 36. But I've gotten it installed, and I still get the error. Could the error be cause of all the bases have been updated in rev 20 and system 4.3 or is there another cause? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

mugendc4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can some one please help me, I have a wii on 4.3u and when I get to this part

Run 1. Wad Manager 1.7 MOD
Press A past the main screen select IOS61 and press A.
Go down to IOS41-64-v2835.wad and press A twice to install it.

it comes back as Error Ret = -1035

I can't continue to do anything because I keep on getting error -1035. Tried to skip to step two to restore the Trucha bug but same error. Any one experience this problem please shed some light to fix this error.

Thanks

gpt1plon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
Yes, you can use the guide, you can skip installing hbc and bootmii (although it wouldn't be a bad idea to make a backup before you do this...)

Just download the up42e.zip pack, once you load MMM as it says, go down to Load another IOS and select IOS 249 ... It should now say something really close to: Load another IOS - (current IOS249 v19)... Then,

*Really important stuff here! Do not skip or alter steps in any way!*
While on the main menu, press right to go to WAD manager then press 1.
You should see IOS70-64-v6687.wad and System Menu-NUS-v48x.wad (NTSC-J = 480; NTSC = 481; PAL = 482).
Press A to install. Then press any button when finished.
Now go down to Other and press A. Then press 1.
It should say Selected 23 for installation.. press A to install.
*End.*
You can then erase everything from the up42.zip & setup everything from the 42mod.zip
Advance to the Modify 4.2 section to reinstall the Homebrew Channel so it can run under the correct IOS.

You shouldn't have any problems... You will need to do the Modify 4.2 section obviously... If you run into any issues, let us know...

-Erik

Hi,

Thanks for the reply...
The issue is that Multi-Mod Manager won't load.... error code and crash.
Can I use some other WAD loader?

I can't really do a backup first as bootmi from my curretn HBC version is not working... black screen.

Thanks.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Is this really all the files i need to install hbc + bootmii?
CODE
example2.jpg

no reorganizing? Just shove this into the root of my SD and go?
Edit:
I'm doing 4.3U

Adekiad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi. I want to reverse the softmoding (I used this guide for the 4.2 version) and i was wondering if i could just unistall the priiloader, homebrew channel etc using the hackmii installer and then take advantage of the update and update my wii system to 4.3 to restore the files. Will this remove the hacking, uninsall the ios or whatever it takes? And how much risky is this? thanks for responses!
yay.gif

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Adekiad said:
Hi. I want to reverse the softmoding (I used this guide for the 4.2 version) and i was wondering if i could just unistall the priiloader, homebrew channel etc using the hackmii installer and then take advantage of the update and update my wii system to 4.3 to restore the files. Will this remove the hacking, uninsall the ios or whatever it takes? And how much risky is this? thanks for responses!
yay.gif
Install normal System Menu over the Priiloadered version, use NandClean to remove the files from Priiloader, run HackMii Installer, uninstall Homebrew Channel, uninstall BootMii boot2, uninstall BootMii IOS (must be done last, installer uses BootMii IOS and will exit after because it can't do anything without it).

Then update, I guess. Also use something like Multi Mod Manager to remove IOS2##.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
batttie said:
I've had plenty of success modifying 4.2 and lower, so I haven't needed to ask many questions over the years and really wouldn't consider myself a noob. I've searched for several hours now and I can't find much info about installing Hermes V5.1 on system menu 4.3. I've got Wankos rev 20 with several different bases installed, and they went without a hitch. I've deleted all stubs from 202,222,223,224 and I get error bad hash -1037. The only info I've come across is is that the error occurs when the trucha bug is not installed on ios 36. But I've gotten it installed, and I still get the error. Could the error be cause of all the bases have been updated in rev 20 and system 4.3 or is there another cause? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

What are you attemping to do when you get the -1037 error? Install wads?

mugendc4 said:
Can some one please help me, I have a wii on 4.3u and when I get to this part

Run 1. Wad Manager 1.7 MOD
Press A past the main screen select IOS61 and press A.
Go down to IOS41-64-v2835.wad and press A twice to install it.

it comes back as Error Ret = -1035

I can't continue to do anything because I keep on getting error -1035. Tried to skip to step two to restore the Trucha bug but same error. Any one experience this problem please shed some light to fix this error.

Thanks

Whichever guide you followed first was messed up. Download dop-mii, and see if it will let you trucha IOS36.

gpt1plon said:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply...
The issue is that Multi-Mod Manager won't load.... error code and crash.
Can I use some other WAD loader?

I can't really do a backup first as bootmi from my curretn HBC version is not working... black screen.

Thanks.

From my experience, that is normally bad media/corrupted files. Did you format the sd card prior to copying the files? It won't load at all? Or does it start to load and then crash? First I would say, delete everything on the sd card, format it, and re-copy all the files over. If that didn't fix it, I would try another sd card. And finally delete the mmmconfig.txt file and try to load it. If that doesn't work, download syscheck and run it, it will place a file in the root of your sd card, open it in wordpad, copy and paste in here and we will see what is going on.

misterb98 said:
Hey, Is this really all the files i need to install hbc + bootmii?
CODE
example2.jpg
no reorganizing? Just shove this into the root of my SD and go?
Edit:
I'm doing 4.3U

I'm not sure what program that is you are using, but it doesn't look like it kept the file structure correct. Use another program to open the zip archive (even the built-in one in windows does it correctly).

QUOTE(Adekiad @ Aug 24 2010, 06:13 AM)
yay.gif

Google "virginize wii". But this is only recommended if you don't want to re-softmod your wii, as it can be dangerous.

-Erik

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its filzip -- a free winzip-like program. should i use win rar?
and the file shown was downloaded from the media fire website link...
again, which one is the installer? the names are all crazy!CODE
example2.jpg

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sorry, i read it too fast...
CODE
example3.jpg

Thats better, TY
smile.gif

Edit:
Hehe i just stole a wii on craigslist for $80
evil.gif
hack time!

matheusdb

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello!
I recently softmodded my 4.2U Wii using this guide and the "modify.zip" files. Everything went perfect, thank you!
I just wanted to know what does the "IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad" do.
I heard it's used to play WiiWare/Virtual Console titles via SD, is this right? I also heard this will brick your Wii if unninstalled while using 4.2.
Will this cause any problems in the future when updating the firmware or something?
Sorry if this has been answered already, I searched the thread and didn't find anything. I'm new to this "softmod world", and I'm still a bit confused with all this "IOS" stuff.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
QUOTE said:
I just wanted to know what does the "IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad" do.
I heard it's used to play WiiWare/Virtual Console titles via SD, is this right?
Yes, that's correct.
QUOTEI also heard this will brick your Wii if unninstalled while using 4.2.
Will this cause any problems in the future when updating the firmware or something?
It would brick, because IOS70 is the system IOS of firmware 4.2.
And no, if you update the firmware, it will work, because every System Menu uses another system IOS. 4.3 for example uses IOS80.

batttie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to install Hermes V 5.1 cios in slots 202, 222,223,224. I've gotten trucha bug installed and was successfully able to install cios 249 250 and 251. When I load Hermes i keep getting "bad Hash" as an error. any ideas?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
batttie said:
I am trying to install Hermes V 5.1 cios in slots 202, 222,223,224. I've gotten trucha bug installed and was successfully able to install cios 249 250 and 251. When I load Hermes i keep getting "bad Hash" as an error. any ideas?
Reload IOS36 in Hermes installer, this should fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol