• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

ng80092a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a problem, i updated to 4.2 using my smg2 disk, then reinstalled bootmii on boot2 and the latest hbc

then i used MMM and did all the steps there, reinstall ios36, remove stubs, install the ios in wad files

it is working, but when i insert the smg2 disk, it asks to update

so i redid the install, and the stub removes, and found out it asked me to update again, what's wrong?

ng80092a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
true.. but smg2 disk will check for changes in ios? is that what you mean?

also i dont have the reset button, i have only a gc controller, how can i workaround the needed reset button upon installing priiloader?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ng80092a said:
true.. but smg2 disk will check for changes in ios? is that what you mean?

also i dont have the reset button, i have only a gc controller, how can i workaround the needed reset button upon installing priiloader?
The PriiLoader SILENT Forwarder Channel v2 is the easiest thing to start priiloader without reset button
yaywii.gif

To block disc updates,you will need a hacks.ini. The best hacks.ini is this. Copy it to the root of your sd card, start priiloader, go to system menu hacks, and enable block disc updates. Of course you can enable every hack that is useful.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ng80092a said:
ok.. but smg2 disk will check for changes in ios? i find that possibility more interesting
No, the game wii only check the IOS version and system menu version, that's it. And if only ONE IOS is older then a IOS on the update parition, it will ask you for a update.

ng80092a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cool.. what if the ios it uses to play was an outdated one and priiloader was set to disable disk updates.. u would run the game on a unprepared ios.. what would happen?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ng80092a said:
cool.. what if the ios it uses to play was an outdated one and priiloader was set to disable disk updates.. u would run the game on a unprepared ios.. what would happen?
You will go back to the system menu
wink2.gif

Then you know you need to update the game IOS.

forthe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
So, after many days of reading, and ensuring that i wont brick my wii, I finally hacked it. Rea almost 5 different guides to hack it, but settled with xzxero's coz "it doesn't get any simpler than this.

Checked COD-World at war, working perfectly with my 4GB USB flash drive.
I have a few questions though abt this.

Mine was a New Black Wii with 4.2U. Got 2 Original Disks , Wii Sports and Sports Resort with it.

1.) While restoring Truccha Bug to IOS36, I didn't see any screen which restore the downgraded ISO15. Sh'dn't i restore the ISO15 to the newer version, as all other guides are advising?

2.) I wanted to browse the net, but whenever i click on the internet channel, it wants me to update. I have disabled wiiconnect24, as i wont be using the wii shop channel.
Disabled, online updates and disk updates on priiloader .

Now I just wanna use Opera Browser to surf. Got a wad for it. Dont know whether to install it thru wad manager, or can i get it from the official site?

TIA

costanza1008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
costanza1008 said:
Hi there, I've done many mods and this is the best guide ever!!! I'm finally having a problem with a mod and need some help... I have a Wii at 3.4U that was previously modded,and I'm now trying to update. I'm running Update to 4.2 and all works great until I go to run "Yet another WAD Manager Mod". It always hangs on me. I've redone the banner bomb step several times, I've changed SD cards, but I'm still unable to get Yet another WAD Manager Mod to run. After I click Load, the screen stays black.... Any help appreciated!!!

Thanks!
me

Any ideas why I can't run Yet another WAD Manager, and get black screen for it? Cheers!

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try re-downloading the file, it could have been corrupted perhaps. You could also place MMM in the apps folder on the root of your sd card and try and see if that loads.

-Erik

lookingforhelp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a problem when i try to install IOS70 and system menu, i get a {ret -2011) error. any solutions? this is during the updating to 4.2 step and i'm updating from 4.0

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I placed the wrong 70 in the update file packs, I will compile new ones and send them out tonight. In the mean time, I will send you a PM with a good ios70 to use until the packs get updated. Just copy the file to the sd card in the wad directory and delete the other one.

-Erik

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153