• Total voters

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Immortal Game said:
Was upgrading from 3.x (don't even remember now.. 3.2?) and once I got up to the Modify 4.2 part, it fails to install the homebrew channel.

Did you have cioscorp installed previously? Or some other hefty system modification?

Immortal Game

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew Ninja said:
Immortal Game said:
Was upgrading from 3.x (don't even remember now.. 3.2?) and once I got up to the Modify 4.2 part, it fails to install the homebrew channel.

Did you have cioscorp installed previously? Or some other hefty system modification?
Yeah, I think I did. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I did..

-aXe-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Used this guide the day I got my Wii. Worked like a charm. Just wanted to say thanks for the guide xzxero and all those that contributed.

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Immortal Game said:
Homebrew Ninja said:
Immortal Game said:

I believe thats your problem although im not sure how to fix it without homebrew channel. some1 else might no tho

Immortal Game

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew Ninja said:
Immortal Game said:
Homebrew Ninja said:
Immortal Game said:

I believe thats your problem although im not sure how to fix it without homebrew channel. some1 else might no tho
Argh, thanks.

Clark Kent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
What is the difference?

Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS

Install either cIOS249-v14.wad or cIOS249-v15.wad
Install either cIOS250-v14.wad or cIOS250-v15.wad

Why is it so random?
Is there any advantage with using both 249/250 v14 or both 249/250 v15?

Thanks!

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
decided to try this on my nephews wii. onto the first step and i installed IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad without any issues. Its the next step, it says to install the remaining wads so i start from IOS10-64-v768.wad and i get a error ret=-1035. any ideas?

realized they werent in order so i started from ios4-64-v65280.wad and that installed fine, next i tried IOS9-64-v778.wad but im still getting the ret=-1035 error. any ideas? tried a different sd card. Read earlier someone turned off the wii and then started to install the IOS's which worked for them but tried that and still same error!

Clark Kent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So, what is a better option in everyones opinion NeoGamma or Softchip?

Which is the best to run backup discs? and which will be easier to update if wii releases some kind of new disc update that would prevent newer copies from running...

Thanks..

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Clark Kent said:
So, what is a better option in everyones opinion NeoGamma or Softchip?

Which is the best to run backup discs? and which will be easier to update if wii releases some kind of new disc update that would prevent newer copies from running...

Thanks..
different users have different preferences. each loaders have different advantages. up to you to decide what to use. it is common though to all loaders to skip the disc update. you don't have to worry on ninty updates if you use loaders.
smile.gif

btw, on my part i use neogamma (off 249) and uLoader (off 222/223) for great compatibility for most games. wiiflow for best GUI.

Cornholio351239

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero thanks for the info and downloads. One thing I have noticed is that the 4.2e links supplied to get all the files link to different files. I sent an e-mail to both e-mail addresses and one 4.2 pal link downloads a 85mb file with 28 IOS wad files. The other downloads a 97mb file with 39 IOS wad files. I assume the 97mb file is correct? Would be worth updating the links in your e-mail to make sure the 97mb file is linked rather than the 85mb file.

chalky378

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi xzxero thanks for a cracking guide but i have a problem .......my 4.2e wii was softmodded and on thursday in a drunken stupor i wanted to install the bbc iplayer channel so i went on the wii shop channel and it told me to do a update and like a burk i did and now i cannot run any homebrew at all and everytime i try to run the hacimii installer i get the following message"hackmii cannot install as you have no vunerable ios`s.
iv tried deleteing ios 15 with any title deleter direct from bannerbomb but get error 1036.
my wii was already on 4.2 via the softupdate method and i also had cios 14 installed and i had run dop ios to patch ios 53 and 70 to run new super mario bros...
im not a complete noob but this has got me stumped.......
iv also turn thr tbr and that says it was successful so i really dont know why i cant run hackmii...
like i said all i did was update the shop channel to download the iplayer so im really stuck now.....
ps i also have a d2pro chip installed so playing backups is fine but i miss the hbc and obviously i cant install new cios or run dop ios without it as iv already tried to do that direct from bannerbomb

thanks in advance
chalky

veganjustice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saco said:
Why is there a step to upgrade to 4.2. Doesn't the regular system update from Nintendo work as well?

you really should stay away from official Nintendo updates.
The Update to 4.2 step in this pack works great, stick with that.

chalky378

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
veganjustice said:
Saco said:
Why is there a step to upgrade to 4.2. Doesn't the regular system update from Nintendo work as well?

i agree thats what killed my homebrew ......and it wasnt a full update just the shop channel update now im stuffed

Ajack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be a dumb question, but it's puzzling me: I had 3.4 Wii soft moded with HBC and USB Loader.

I followed the instructions in this thread, and did an "Update to 4.2" which worked perfectly

After the update to 4.2, I was expecting it would remove HBC and disable the USB Loader, but everything is still there (even after reboots) and amazingly my HBC works, USB Loader works...

So I know the guide says to continue on and modify 4.2, but since HBC and USB Loaders are working, it sounds like I am already modded, so do I really need to do a "Modify 4.2"?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks for any advice

A.

Clark Kent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
veganjustice said:
Saco said:

I updated mine with the Nintendo updates before I realized I was going to mod it.
So, because of this and having update 4.2u is there a chance my modification with this will fail?

zionfarm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sup guys I installed cIOSCorp 3.5 but I still can't play my japanese games from the Disc channel. I played with priiloader hacks and settings, even forced disc games to use ios 249. Which is the one i installed in the guide v14. Can anybody with cIOSCorp experience help me out.

P.S. I'm not new to cIOSCorp I've used it on 4.0 perfectly.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
thanks for your guide it worked great, only one thing, i can not boot into the home brew channel from bootmii anymore. I remember the new HBC has a new id(jodi or similar) do i need to get the hackmii installer and update bootmii? has it even been updated? or will this not work either?
i searched for ages and all i get is lots of preloader posts but i dont want preloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think