Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

Droskies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont seem to be getting the email in return ?
and no this is not the first time i have done this but i dont have the files any more and i need to do it for a friend.
gbasp.gif

ok i got the email but the files from the email are different from the ones in ur pic.. is that ok ? im doing this is for the 4.2 method by the way

in pic : IOS15-64-v523
IOS15-64-v257
IOS36-64-v3351
IOS38-64-v3610

in the email : IOS15-64-v257
IOS15-64-v266
IOS36-64-v3094
IOS38-64-v3610
its quite apparent i have the files for the 3.4 - 4.1 methods
and both methods 3.4,4.1 and 4.2 have the same email so i dont really know what to do now..
hate2.gif
laugh.gif

Im pretty sure that the first time i did this there were to different emails to get the mod.rar and newmod.rar.... i need the newmod.rar please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello.
grog.gif

I have couple of questions.
I see you made some changes in the method 4.1. but is it still hte same thing with the older method righ?
Also I have 4.1U is it better if I use the 4.2 method to upload it?
And I cant play my games using the Disc Channel?how can I do that?

ED: also whats the "Anti 002 Error " I've seen this in some forums.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weeping81 said:
s6a6n6d6m6a6n said:
Weeping81 said:
Update I finally got it to work!!!!....

Thanks everyone for the help....even the questions that were unrelated to mine because even those helped me understand some things....

Thanks xzxero for the faq ....very much appreciated

@Weeping81

so which one worked ? DVD-R or +R. Now that it's working after whatever you've done, i'm curious to know if you have tried running old discs (DVD+R) that you burned before, that previously didn't work.

Also, can you please let us know what did you do to fix this problem? (Since from your another post it seems that the problem may not have been the media)

Cheers!

Well the ones I got working were DVD-R...but when I first came home and tried them I got the same error.....so I knew something was up that I did....

What I ended up doing was loading up the back up that I made

Then I used this faq http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183384 (before I did the 4.2mod faq)....And I still got the same error messages...
Then I did the 4.2 method listed in this thread on top of that..... ...then my DVD-R started working....

I dont know much about this stuff though, ao I would not follow anything I did unless someone that knows things doesnt think this could hurt your wii in any way.....

My probelms from the begining were probally very newbish

I havent yet checked the old DVD+R....I dont think they should work but Ill let you know when I try one.
EDIT: I tried the old DVD+R they dont work...so I guess buy some DVD-R

yes dvd+r have a hard time working on wii's stick to dvd-r's

QUOTE(Droskies @ Oct 11 2009, 08:38 PM) I dont seem to be getting the email in return ?
and no this is not the first time i have done this but i dont have the files any more and i need to do it for a friend.
gbasp.gif

ok i got the email but the files from the email are different from the ones in ur pic.. is that ok ? this is for the 4.2 method by the way

in pic : IOS15-64-v523
IOS15-64-v257
IOS36-64-v3351
IOS38-64-v3610

in the email : IOS15-64-v257
IOS15-64-v266
IOS36-64-v3094
IOS38-64-v3610
its quite apparent i have the files for the 3.4 - 4.1 methods
and both methods 3.4,4.1 and 4.2 have the same email so i dont really know what to do now..
hate2.gif
laugh.gif
pm'd you.

QUOTE(C175R @ Oct 11 2009, 08:39 PM)
Hello.
grog.gif

I have couple of questions.
I see you made some changes in the method 4.1. but is it still hte same thing with the older method righ?
Also I have 4.1U is it better if I use the 4.2 method to upload it?
And I cant play my games using the Disc Channel?how can I do that?

ED: also whats the "Anti 002 Error " I've seen this in some forums.
if your on 4.1, i suggest you dont worry about updating for a while.

as for playing game via the disc channel, cioscorp.

as for the 002 error, some game will give you this screen
002errormo6q.jpg

so you have to enable the option to fix that.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick answer as always
grog.gif

but where can I get the newest cioscorp? is it v3.4? i found one in gbatemp but not sure if thats the last one.
also is there any useful utilities?
I looked on your utility list but i don't know whats what so...
shy.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3.4 is the latest version
but im pretty sure 3.5 is going to drop soon, almost positive.

depends on what type of utilities your looking for.
you can google most apps in the utilities section and find out what they are useful for.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I was reading the cIOCORP README and it says some games won't work or will have a problem. such as MArio KArt wii.
But will I be able toplay those games vie Neogamma? or by installing cIOSCORP i won't be able to play those games properly?

Rise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question, even tho I`m done with the guide...

When i went to install the IOS 61 and it failed to find it on the card (even tho it was there v4890 and the directory was spot on), i then used NUSD and downloaded to latest version. I then double checked the directory and it still wouldent find it on the SD card.

Just wondering why some encounter this, and others dont ?

I had to let dop-ios get the files online.

ydhuldhoya

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi, Thank you very much for the excellent guide and instructions. I followed the new guide to upgrade my Korean pre-modded Wii from 3.2U to 4.1U. However, I faced issues in the following steps -
1. DOP-IOS Mod step 3
When we choose IOS249 and press A, it comes up with a screen for updating/installing IOS36. I pressed for Cancel at this stage, and it proceeded to the next set of install/modify. Should I press A to accept install of IOS36 at this stage, or was the right option?

2. DOP-IOS Mod step 3
IOS60 does not give me the option of pressing A and it seemed to have the same current version installed as the uninstall option. Again I pressed to cancel it out and return. Can you please confirm if this is OK?

3. DOP-IOS Mod step 3
IOS61 provides the option of Install and No for Sig Hash check. However, when it starts the install, it returns an error stating that the files were not present in the SD card? I started with the MOD.RAR obtained before I started the update exercise. Could you please help in this step?

4. HBC
Unfortunately, the HBC screen is inverted. I've seen posts to fix this problem, but I have not proceeded with those since I suspect the problem is because of the DOP-IOS issues I had as listed above. Could you please guide me to correct the inverted HBC screen?

Once again, except for the above irritants, the rest of the steps went through smoothly. Thank you very much for the guide, and the constant updates to it to be consistent with the new release.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Upside-down Homebrew Menu FIX
• Simply run dopIOS. Choose to install IOS61 v4890.
o IMPORTANT: When asked to "Apply sig hash check?" choose NO. Exit dopIOS.
• If your homebrew is still upside-down, go to homebrew channel and hit the home button, it will tell you in the top right corner what IOS homebrew is using (or the bottom right if Homebrew is upside-down). If it’s not using IOS61, run Hackmii installer and reinstall homebrew using IOS61, do so and your homebrew should now be right-side-up.
• If the hackmii installer returns a “no vulnerable IOS” message, run dopIOS. Choose to install IOS30 v1040. Exit dopIOS, run Hackmii installer, and now you should be able to reinstall homebrew using IOS61, do so and your homebrew should now be right-side-up.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Rise said:
Just a quick question, even tho I`m done with the guide...

When i went to install the IOS 61 and it failed to find it on the card (even tho it was there v4890 and the directory was spot on), i then used NUSD and downloaded to latest version. I then double checked the directory and it still wouldent find it on the SD card.

Just wondering why some encounter this, and others dont ?

I had to let dop-ios get the files online.

check the contents of your v4890 folder, if there is a tmd file in there, it should be named "tmd.4890" instead of "tmd". It's a glitch I noticed that occurs when you select "latest version" on NUS downloader instead of actually choosing the version number (of the latest version, in this case v4890) and downloading it that way. (oddly if you download it twice in a row the wrong way, you will get the correct files the second time)

Rise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does not seem to be it, both the original files (modpal.rar) and the one`s i downloaded through NUSD seems right.

Can it be the SD reader in the wii, or certain SD cards ?

I was using a 2g sandisk fat32

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
you should have the following files saved in this location (SD:0000001000003d\v4890)

tmd.4890
cetk
0000000a
0000000b
0000000c
0000000d
0000000e

if that still doesn't work, try formatting ur SD card to FAT, thats what I use, but I'm pretty sure FAT32 should be fine, but u never know

ydhuldhoya

Trophies
XP
Country
India
xflak40 said:
Upside-down Homebrew Menu FIX
• Simply run dopIOS. Choose to install IOS61 v4890.
o IMPORTANT: When asked to "Apply sig hash check?" choose NO. Exit dopIOS.
• If your homebrew is still upside-down, go to homebrew channel and hit the home button, it will tell you in the top right corner what IOS homebrew is using (or the bottom right if Homebrew is upside-down). If it’s not using IOS61, run Hackmii installer and reinstall homebrew using IOS61, do so and your homebrew should now be right-side-up.
• If the hackmii installer returns a “no vulnerable IOS” message, run dopIOS. Choose to install IOS30 v1040. Exit dopIOS, run Hackmii installer, and now you should be able to reinstall homebrew using IOS61, do so and your homebrew should now be right-side-up.

Thank you very much. I will try it later in the day and report the findings. Any hints on the other 3 points? Appreciate it.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Bloodlust said:
tj_cool said:
Bloodlust said:
Just curious, how come there's no mention of installing IOS70 in the 3.x-4.1 guide when its needed?
cause its not needed
Why not? Since SM4.2 runs off IOS70.... getting confused here..
You answered your own question
4.2 needs IOS70, but its the 3.x-4.1 guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_is_cool, happy birthdayn't