Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
0ld8oy said:
maaark said:
0ld8oy said:
maaark said:
Hi, I followed your guide and it installed very well.
Everything is working except for Forwarding channels...
So for examble USB Loader GX is working through HBC but not via a forwarding channel.

Doesn't matter if I make them myself with WADder or download them, they just don't work.
They start their banner and when I click START I get a black screen.
Are there IOS'es required for forwarding channels?

Make sure the folders on your SD/USB are named correctly. For example, in order for the USB Loader GX folder to correctly forward to the program, the folder inside of your apps folder MUST be named: usbloader_gx
The underscore is required.

I don't know which forwarder channels you are using but 99% of the time when you download one the correct path will be included somewhere near the download.

This isn't the problem... Besides then it would display a "blabla not found" message. Or so I've read.

Depends on which forwarder you're using.
Do you have links to these forwarders? Did you make them all yourself? Which NAND loader did you use in WADder, comex's or Waninkoko's?

I tried several... for Neogamma also as for USB Loader GX, and I made two with different settings.
I don't know anything about a NAND Loader, what's that? It didn't ask me for it along the way.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gunfreak11 said:
Nice guide, but it can be improved by doing two things:
Warn people that there is no way to uninstall bootmii and...
Tell people why the steps are being done.

When I was more of a newb (still am imo!), I wanted to know exactly what I was doing, and why I was doing it.
You make it sound like Bootmii is bad. Why would you want to uninstall it?
And yes, i will eventually add reasons as to the use of the programs.

maaark said:
0ld8oy said:
QUOTE(maaark @ Aug 15 2009, 01:07 PM) Hi, I followed your guide and it installed very well.
So for examble USB Loader GX is working through HBC but not via a forwarding channel.

Doesn't matter if I make them myself with WADder or download them, they just don't work.

Make sure the folders on your SD/USB are named correctly. For example, in order for the USB Loader GX folder to correctly forward to the program, the folder inside of your apps folder MUST be named: usbloader_gx

I don't know which forwarder channels you are using but 99% of the time when you download one the correct path will be included somewhere near the download.

This isn't the problem... Besides then it would display a "blabla not found" message. Or so I've read.
This isnt a problem with my guide. Its a user error. I think the folders on your SD card are not structured right. Make sure there are no extra folders in between your apps. As for forwarders, i suggest you download the pre made forwarder channels.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maaark said:
0ld8oy said:
Depends on which forwarder you're using.
Do you have links to these forwarders? Did you make them all yourself? Which NAND loader did you use in WADder, comex's or Waninkoko's?

I tried several... for Neogamma also as for USB Loader GX, and I made two with different settings.
I don't know anything about a NAND Loader, what's that? It didn't ask me for it along the way.

Info on the NAND Loader can be found here. The option is directly under the dol selection in WADder.
I'm going to suggest that you click on my files link in my signature. Go into the GX dols folder and redownload the forwarder that i have in there. Install it with WAD Manager and test it. Before you say that you already tried it, please be respectful of the person who is taking time to try and help you out and give it one more go.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:
after installing bootmii on a 3.1 wii i tried to do a nand backup but it keeps failing, any ideas, should i update than do a backup? maybe install a cios beforehand?
Make sure you have at least 600mb free on your sd card.

QUOTE(ViciousXUSMC @ Aug 15 2009, 03:04 AM) Ugh another issue, got done with the guide and now trying to use neogamma and says I do not hae a cios installed, even though I have now run the cios installer a few times to make sure and it says all is ok when it is done.
Try changing the cios to "249" in the neogamma options.

Thirdphaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a great and simple guide to follow.

Just a few things you should change / update.

1. Your version of preloader v.29 is actually a beta version that is 2 days older then the actual preloader v.29 that is on wiibrew.org. It wouldn't seem like much of a deal but when I updated to 4.1 from a already modded 4.0u system everytime I installed your preloader in your pack I kept getting the system menu corrupt problem as soon as I switched yours for the wiibrew one and installed it worked like a charm.

2 Your NTSC-U 4.1 hacks.ini is missing many of the hacks that are at the wiibrew preloader section as well. I am not sure if that was intentional or not. But figured I would let you know that your missing alot of hacks for the 4.1 menu.

Other then that let me say thank you for this wonderfully great guide which will make it easier for everyone to upgrade and softmod there wii's.

The documentation is easy to read and easy to follow.

When I first did mine I had to follow a bit harder guide myself, and would have loved to have this guide.

Lucky for me though I a no slouch in the tech department and quickly caught on and did it with no issue.

Still this guide is by far the easiest to follow and the easiest to use.

Keep up the great work.
bow.gif
yay.gif
cool.gif

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
To all of the people who are having problems with TBR ( Trucha Bug Restorer). If you are trying to install an IOS and it failed it means your connection is laggy..... All you have to do is just try again. If it still doesnt work try another day or restart our modem.... and YES it can also resolve DSI errors.....

kurdt_the_goat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Stupid questions probably, but:

1) I already have a HBC installed from my earlier hacking efforts (i'm on 3.2E), will this guide overwrite it no problems?
I ask because the bootmii site recommends using HBC to install, if my Wii is already hacked, so should i do it that way?

2) When hacking the first time, i used cIOS36_rev7-Installer.dol, i assume that has no impact on this guide now?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thirdphaze said:
This is a great and simple guide to follow.

Just a few things you should change / update.

1. Your version of preloader v.29 is actually a beta version that is 2 days older then the actual preloader v.29 that is on wiibrew.org. It wouldn't seem like much of a deal but when I updated to 4.1 from a already modded 4.0u system everytime I installed your preloader in your pack I kept getting the system menu corrupt problem as soon as I switched yours for the wiibrew one and installed it worked like a charm.

2 Your NTSC-U 4.1 hacks.ini is missing many of the hacks that are at the wiibrew preloader section as well. I am not sure if that was intentional or not. But figured I would let you know that your missing alot of hacks for the 4.1 menu.

Other then that let me say thank you for this wonderfully great guide which will make it easier for everyone to upgrade and softmod there wii's.

The documentation is easy to read and easy to follow.

When I first did mine I had to follow a bit harder guide myself, and would have loved to have this guide.

Lucky for me though I a no slouch in the tech department and quickly caught on and did it with no issue.

Still this guide is by far the easiest to follow and the easiest to use.

Keep up the great work.
bow.gif
yay.gif
cool.gif

1] im pretty sure i downloaded the latest version of Wiibrew as well but ill look into it.
2] i took some hacks out of the hacks.ini and just left the ones i always use. i figured that way people can just enable all of the hacks and not worry about anything.

kurdt_the_goat said:
Stupid questions probably, but:

1) I already have a HBC installed from my earlier hacking efforts (i'm on 3.2E), will this guide overwrite it no problems?
I ask because the bootmii site recommends using HBC to install, if my Wii is already hacked, so should i do it that way?

2) When hacking the first time, i used cIOS36_rev7-Installer.dol, i assume that has no impact on this guide now?
1] check out the FAQ
2] CIOS 14 will overwrite CIOS 7

QUOTE(kedirakevo @ Aug 16 2009, 01:00 AM)
Hello, I was wondering if lets say I aint using bootmii nor preloader, a virgin 4.0 wii, is there any steps i can omit?
Why would you want to not install bootmii or preloader, your asking for a brick.

kedirakevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well i just wanna know if without preloader or bootmii, what steps i can omit so that i can understand how the whole softmodding works in all. Besides, installing preloader or bootmii a little redundant for me coz i cant install Bootmii as boot2, so even if brick also the same... Unless you are telling me that in the event of a brick, i can still access the preloader menu and go to HBC and activate bootmii from HBC and restore my NAND from there.....

Oh yea, is a NAND data on the SD card only meant for 1 wii? Can i restore NAND from my card to other people's Wii?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kedirakevo said:
Well i just wanna know if without preloader or bootmii, what steps i can omit so that i can understand how the whole softmodding works in all. Besides, installing preloader or bootmii a little redundant for me coz i cant install Bootmii as boot2, so even if brick also the same... Unless you are telling me that in the event of a brick, i can still access the preloader menu and go to HBC and activate bootmii from HBC and restore my NAND from there.....

Oh yea, is a NAND data on the SD card only meant for 1 wii? Can i restore NAND from my card to other people's Wii?
Follow the guide as a whole. Don't omit or skip any steps. If you cant install bootmii as a boot2, thats even more a reason for you to install preloader. Read the Noob Starter Guide found on this guide.
As for restoring your NAND, it depends on what type of brick you have. If you uninstalled IOS60 or a system menu, then your officially bricked. Other than that, preloader will save your Wii's life.

Gunfreak11

Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
Gunfreak11 said:
Nice guide, but it can be improved by doing two things:
Warn people that there is no way to uninstall bootmii and...
Tell people why the steps are being done.

When I was more of a newb (still am imo!), I wanted to know exactly what I was doing, and why I was doing it.
You make it sound like Bootmii is bad. Why would you want to uninstall it?
And yes, i will eventually add reasons as to the use of the programs.

maaark said:
0ld8oy said:
QUOTE(maaark @ Aug 15 2009, 01:07 PM) Hi, I followed your guide and it installed very well.

This isnt a problem with my guide. Its a user error. I think the folders on your SD card are not structured right. Make sure there are no extra folders in between your apps. As for forwarders, i suggest you download the pre made forwarder channels.

It's not bad, but a lot of people want a "virgin wii," myself not included.

kedirakevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
xzxero said:
Follow the guide as a whole. Don't omit or skip any steps. If you cant install bootmii as a boot2, thats even more a reason for you to install preloader. Read the Noob Starter Guide found on this guide.
As for restoring your NAND, it depends on what type of brick you have. If you uninstalled IOS60 or a system menu, then your officially bricked. Other than that, preloader will save your Wii's life.

Yea its been done and followed exactly wads written, all was well, was only pondering the IFs.... lolx
Nope, have enough understanding to know that IOS60 and systemenu removal is a definate no go at all. But lets say i have other kind of bricks, the proper method is to go preloader -> launch HBC -> Bootmii -> Restore NAND?

And i still wanna know, what would happen if i restore my NAND on other people's Wii? Im guessing nothing will happen as i think backing up the NAND is like backing up the entire image of a Harddisk.... So restoring one to another shouldnt be a problem... right?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kedirakevo said:
xzxero said:

Yea its been done and followed exactly wads written, all was well, was only pondering the IFs.... lolx
Nope, have enough understanding to know that IOS60 and systemenu removal is a definate no go at all. But lets say i have other kind of bricks, the proper method is to go preloader -> launch HBC -> Bootmii -> Restore NAND?

And i still wanna know, what would happen if i restore my NAND on other people's Wii? Im guessing nothing will happen as i think backing up the NAND is like backing up the entire image of a Harddisk.... So restoring one to another shouldnt be a problem... right?

Well unless the brick is a banner brick the proper method is to go preloader -> launch HBC -> WAD Manageri -> Uninstall bad .WAD

Wrong. Your NAND Backup contains the unique key numbers that tie it to your own Wii. However, there is a program called betwiin that can convert your NAND Backup for other to use. with the proper keys of course.

kedirakevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
xzxero said:
Well unless the brick is a banner brick the proper method is to go preloader -> launch HBC -> WAD Manageri -> Uninstall bad .WAD

Wrong. Your NAND Backup contains the unique key numbers that tie it to your own Wii. However, there is a program called betwiin that can convert your NAND Backup for other to use. with the proper keys of course.

Banner brick... hmm....... okay

NAND part ic ic... unqiue keys... betwii seems cool but the catch is the version of boot 1 must be da same....... wth..... tot someday someone would upload some Universal NAND with all programs it in where people can just simply load into their wiis lolx........

NuBiXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here please don't hurt me
smile.gif

I have a LU65 4.1U Wii I installed HBC by way of BannerBomb and that is all I have installed.
I have the modchip DriverKey for playing backups all I would like to do is install a WAD Manager to install WAD games.

I have tried different WAD Manager versions and I always get the -2011 error. thanks

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you have a newer Wii, you have to patch the Trucha Bug back into your system. Read through some more of the guide to get TBR and the files you need (if you don't have net connection) and patch 36..

frede

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi xzxero

i have now hacket my wii with your guide.

Actually my wii was hacked at virsion 4.0, using wiigators backuplauncher, but i got the 002 error with newer games.
So i decided to start all over with your easy guide.

The install of everything went perfectly except preloader, that gave me this error: "Failet to get root, current ios36 has the fakesign bug fixed"
What to do about that?

Also i was wondering why you recommend both neogamma and softchip. Shouldn't one backup launcher be enough?
Well i tried to start grand slam tennis with all three launchers.
- wiigators gave the 002 error, and i had to restart the wii
- neogamma asked me to upgrade my cios to revision 14 (your guide dosn't mention that). But it started the game, and then frooze at the title.
- softchip gave me this error: "loctl error (d1_readid)"
What the solution the the launching problems?

At last, i think maybe you could add a little info on how to install/use the launcher.

I am waiting excited for your answer.
Thanks in advance
\Frede

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frede said:
Hi xzxero

i have now hacket my wii with your guide.

Actually my wii was hacked at virsion 4.0, using wiigators backuplauncher, but i got the 002 error with newer games.
So i decided to start all over with your easy guide.

The install of everything went perfectly except preloader, that gave me this error: "Failet to get root, current ios36 has the fakesign bug fixed"
What to do about that?

Also i was wondering why you recommend both neogamma and softchip. Shouldn't one backup launcher be enough?
Well i tried to start grand slam tennis with all three launchers.
- wiigators gave the 002 error, and i had to restart the wii
- neogamma asked me to upgrade my cios to revision 14 (your guide dosn't mention that). But it started the game, and then frooze at the title.
- softchip gave me this error: "loctl error (d1_readid)"
What the solution the the launching problems?

At last, i think maybe you could add a little info on how to install/use the launcher.

I am waiting excited for your answer.
Thanks in advance
\Frede

To install preloader, IOS36 must be properly patched. You didn't use Trucha Bug Restorer correctly. Do those steps over!

Yes as for backup launcher, choices are convenient.

The guide includes CIOS rev 14, if you paid attention.

If you followed the steps correctly, you will have no problems.
I suggest start over because you messed up at step 1, which is the Trucha Bug restorer, which means you have no trucha bug, which means you have no CIOS installed, which means you cant play backups. Its not hard to use the launchers, research helps. not everything is going to be handed to you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging