Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
evilwut said:
But I still need homebrew to work for me to install other stuff from this guide
frown.gif
Did you delete bannerbomb of the SD card?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
evilwut said:
i dont have bannerbomb on the SD card. The guide didn't mention anything about it.
bannerbomb is included in the package.
i misunderstood your question.
your problem is that everytime you go to the homebrew channel, it takes you back the main menu?
run bannerbomb again and install the homebrew channel again.
if that does not work, update your wii and try to install the homebrew channel again.

evilwut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes every time I go the homebrew channel it take me back to the main menu. I have already tried reinstall the channel and still no go. Might have to try update the wii like you said but no wireless connection here
sleep.gif
Thought the offline method would do the job
frown.gif

Thanks anyway good guide.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
evilwut said:
Yes every time I go the homebrew channel it take me back to the main menu. I have already tried reinstall the channel and still no go. Might have to try update the wii like you said but no wireless connection here
sleep.gif
frown.gif

Does it boot without the SD card?

evilwut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
evilwut said:
sleep.gif
frown.gif

Does it boot without the SD card?

No it doesn't load either
frown.gif

jackryan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping you can give me a nudge in the right direction. I've read through your guide and posts - it looks very straight-forward.

Wii: 4.1U native, DriveKey installed

I was wondering where I should jump into the guide. I used BannerBomb and HackMii installer to get the HomeBrew channel working properly. I would like to use WAD Manager 1.5 to get my VC wads working; however, they refuse to install. I believe this is because I don't have the trucha bug working. However, I do not want the custom ios, etc., since my DriveKey is all I need for backups.

Unfortunately, I do not have a Gamecube controller, so any work with BootMii in IOS mode is out of the question for me. I'm hoping that there is a way to restore the Trucha bug from within Homebrew channel - if that is all I need to do to get WAD installers working again. Therefore, if my understanding is correct, I should do the following from the online tut:

"Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 and press A. (Important)
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:
Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
Nand Permissions YES
Then press A on install patched IOS36.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD", press right twice to make it say "load IOS from NUS" then press A.

Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS36 and press A
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it
Then Choose restore IOS15.
Press A to restore.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD", press right twice to make it say "load IOS from NUS" then press A."

After doing this, am I done, or should I continue?

What do you recommend I do?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i recommend you install custom ios as many programs use them including wad manager.

since you already have hbc installed, just run trucha bug restorer included in the package.
start on the 1st step though, as the steps you outlined start on the 2nd step.

then after, install the custom ios rev 14.

finally use dop-ios to patch IOS60.

then you should be able to install wads just fine

jackryan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help. I'm having some problems with WADs not working right - for example, they run with a black screen (the normal screen shows up if I hit the HOME key).

EDIT: It appears that only N64 WADs work for me without this glitch. SNES, NES, and Genesis games all fail. Of course, that's incentive for me to find working emulators, but still...

ViciousXUSMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following the guide, I am using the online method and got to where I am supposed to use the Trucha Bug Restorer to patch IOS 36 and it failed for some reason.

QUOTE said:
Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 and press A. (Important)
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:
Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
Nand Permissions YES
Then press A on install patched IOS36.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD", press right twice to make it say "load IOS from NUS" then press A.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after installing bootmii on a 3.1 wii i tried to do a nand backup but it keeps failing, any ideas, should i update than do a backup? maybe install a cios beforehand?

ViciousXUSMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh another issue, got done with the guide and now trying to use neogamma and says I do not hae a cios installed, even though I have now run the cios installer a few times to make sure and it says all is ok when it is done.

maaark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I followed your guide and it installed very well.
Everything is working except for Forwarding channels...
So for examble USB Loader GX is working through HBC but not via a forwarding channel.

Doesn't matter if I make them myself with WADder or download them, they just don't work.
They start their banner and when I click START I get a black screen.
Are there IOS'es required for forwarding channels?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maaark said:
So for examble USB Loader GX is working through HBC but not via a forwarding channel.

Doesn't matter if I make them myself with WADder or download them, they just don't work.

Make sure the folders on your SD/USB are named correctly. For example, in order for the USB Loader GX folder to correctly forward to the program, the folder inside of your apps folder MUST be named: usbloader_gx
The underscore is required.

I don't know which forwarder channels you are using but 99% of the time when you download one the correct path will be included somewhere near the download.

maaark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
0ld8oy said:
maaark said:

Make sure the folders on your SD/USB are named correctly. For example, in order for the USB Loader GX folder to correctly forward to the program, the folder inside of your apps folder MUST be named: usbloader_gx

I don't know which forwarder channels you are using but 99% of the time when you download one the correct path will be included somewhere near the download.

This isn't the problem... Besides then it would display a "blabla not found" message. Or so I've read.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maaark said:
0ld8oy said:
maaark said:

This isn't the problem... Besides then it would display a "blabla not found" message. Or so I've read.

Depends on which forwarder you're using.
Do you have links to these forwarders? Did you make them all yourself? Which NAND loader did you use in WADder, comex's or Waninkoko's?

Gunfreak11

Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice guide, but it can be improved by doing two things:
Warn people that there is no way to uninstall bootmii and...
Tell people why the steps are being done.

When I was more of a newb (still am imo!), I wanted to know exactly what I was doing, and why I was doing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.