• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

Scootsx200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, Had a good read of the softmod guide and tried to read as much as I can from the 350 pages of posts, I wish to ask the following questions:

1: With all the downloads available, which ones do I actualy need soft mod my wii to to run back-ups from dvd? We have a 3.4 and 4.2E.

2: In what order do I need to install them? Making sure im as brick safe as possible.

3: How and where to place them on the SD card? What goes where?

4: Once all installed do I leave the SD card in the wii?

Many thanks in advance.

Scoot....

yo_matt2004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this guide to modify my wii, and although my wii was 4.2, my game is now asking me to perform a system update. Is it safe to do so?

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
yo_matt2004 said:
I followed this guide to modify my wii, and although my wii was 4.2, my game is now asking me to perform a system update. Is it safe to do so?

When you turn on your wii hold the reset button so the priiloader screen appears. Go into system menu hacks and enable the 'block disc updates' and 'block online updates'. Never update through nintendo

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on system 3.4e and have bootmii as boot2 . I like having this because it means if ever i make a mistake i can just reload my nand backup. If i update to the latest system update through nintendo ,will i still have my bootmii as boot2 ?

welshy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Recently updated following guide. Everything running as normal except I just discovered that my USB mic is not recognised for my singitstar games in wii flow. They worked previously to updating on 4.1. Does anyone know what I need to do please?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
broksonic said:
I'm on system 3.4e and have bootmii as boot2 . I like having this because it means if ever i make a mistake i can just reload my nand backup. If i update to the latest system update through nintendo ,will i still have my bootmii as boot2 ?

Yes, The update will overide your boot2 with Ninti stuff.

You will need to re-install the hackmii installer, and install bootmii as boot2 again.

The ability to load bootmii as boot2 is entirely dependant on the HARDWARE. If it can be done once, then it can always be done again.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Scootsx200 said:
Hi all, Had a good read of the softmod guide and tried to read as much as I can from the 350 pages of posts, I wish to ask the following questions:

1: With all the downloads available, which ones do I actualy need soft mod my wii to to run back-ups from dvd? We have a 3.4 and 4.2E.

2: In what order do I need to install them? Making sure im as brick safe as possible.

3: How and where to place them on the SD card? What goes where?

4: Once all installed do I leave the SD card in the wii?

Many thanks in advance.

Scoot....

Just follow the softmod guide.

You need the trucha patch, then if your going to patch, then you need bootmi as an ios or boot2.

If you cant have bootmii as boot2, then you should also install Priiloader.

Then a Backup launcher.

Or go the simplistic mod =)

maelstrom218

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, after having some difficulty with running backup discs, I'm using bootmii to go back, and then reinstall everything all over again. When I get to the "Modify" portion of the guide, however, when I try to install the 6 wads from MMM, I get an error message "error! (ret = -2011)". What am I supposed to do at this point? Should I just use a wadmanager to manually install the wads? And if so, should I install them under IOS36, or a different IOS?

saiyan23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, it's been quite some time since I'ver turned on my Wii. Its modded with a WiiKey on version 4.0u firmware and i'm on IOS249 Rev 14. Ive tried installing Wads and I've seen every error you can get from -1 to -1029 to -2011. I dont know where to start frankly. I do have the homebrew channel (by the way, on the exit screen of that channel it says IOS36 v12.22) and Gecko OS with 002 fix. The tutorial on the front page seems geared toward softmodders. Where do I go for a tutorial for hard modders? Does the wii need to be in the most current firmware? Is is possible to "start from scratch" by following this tutorial to the letter? Ive gotten the update.zip the tutorial refers to on the first page. I know thats a lot of questions but I'm a bit overwhelmed and confused me having a modchip and following tutorials for softmodding. Thanks in advance!!

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
maelstrom218 said:
So, after having some difficulty with running backup discs, I'm using bootmii to go back, and then reinstall everything all over again. When I get to the "Modify" portion of the guide, however, when I try to install the 6 wads from MMM, I get an error message "error! (ret = -2011)". What am I supposed to do at this point? Should I just use a wadmanager to manually install the wads? And if so, should I install them under IOS36, or a different IOS?

Run MMM [Multi-Mod Manager]
Go down to select Install & Patch IOS36.
Choose Express Mode.
Go down to select Remove stubbed IOSs.
Press A everytime it finds a stub.
Go up and choose WAD manager.
Press 1 to select all the WAD's then A to install them.
Press any button to return to the main menu.

Sounds like it didn't install the patched IOS36 properly. Did it say that it installed successfully? Did you perhaps get a codedump? Maybe you even skipped that bit. I think its because IOS36 did not install correctly.

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
On 4.2E now and big thank you to everyone that helped and especialy for the guide

But apart from having the option to put channels on your sd card. There is no obvious difference from 3.4E

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
broksonic said:
On 4.2E now and big thank you to everyone that helped and especialy for the guide

But apart from having the option to put channels on your sd card. There is no obvious difference from 3.4E

The changes are in the IOS files. You may not be able to notice the differences visually but you will now be able to run all of the latest games that require the newer IOS's to run on.

jourdy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Followed this guide and now my system is 4.2U
When I put in Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers, it says I need to update. Is it safe?

Thanks.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You should NOT update.

You should install either Priiloader V 0.4 (Just released) or use Start Patch.

Then use either of the above to DISABLE Online and Disk Updates.
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +1
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D