• Total voters

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I used this awesome guide to softmod my wii a few (6+) months ago. I want to update my cios's... would it be possible and easy enough just to use your package and just skip the first few steps (update to 4.2, install bootmii and homebrew channel... since these steps are already done) and go right to the CIOS steps?

Thanks.

night051n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i followed this guide and now the homebrew channel is upside down!!!

i need help

i just finished this step

Restoring the Trucha Bug, Removing Stub IOS's, Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS
Run MMM [Multi-Mod Manager]
Go down to select Install & Patch IOS36.
Choose Express Mode.
Go down to select Remove stubbed IOSs.
Press A everytime it finds a stub.
Go up and choose WAD manager.
Press 1 to select all the WAD's then A to install them.
Press any button to return to the main menu.

then i returned to the channel and it is now upside down.

night051n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks, i'll go do that now

and by the way i dont know if this had to do with it but i instilled the the channel using the twilight hack, years ago in 2008 and i have been in and out of the hacking scene since.

but i will reinstall it like you said.

Cplus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i just did the guide here to 4.2 and ... all time i want to install a wad if im not choosing cios250 its not working.... why ?????
mad.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not each time you install a wad but each time you run wad manager.

Example

You can run wad manager once select ios36 and install 10 wads if you want but the next time you run wad manager again you will have to choose an ios file again.

Cplus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ya ok that what i mean aight thx for the info, i got some hard time to install cioscorp .... was getting that damn 1029 error on each wad ..... now with this it work like a charm

hvsep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: If you buy a Wii and it doesn't have 4.2 on it, is it safe to use the official Nintendo update to get to 4.2 and then start following the modify guide?

Isometric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey um, my SD card corrupted and I was wondering what files I should put on it again? Like, what are the necessities? Thanks a lot for this guide!

wiimerah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
I am new to softmoding. I would be grateful for any help.
I followed the guide 3/20/1010 here and evry thing appears to have gone smoothly. I was on Menu 3.1E this is now 4.2E and orignal discs play fine.
I want to use USB loader GX but cannot get it to work.
My question: After this modding with update and modify, is there anything else to do to make Usb loader GX work ie installing any other cIOS or any software?
I First tried install of USBLgx on FAT32 HDD partition using boot dol in apps folderin USBLgx folder --this loaded but could not find any USB device even though the USBLgx was on the USB HDD itself---tried both USB ports.(THe HDD had a 50GB partition formatted to WBFS with WBFS manager--Tried NTFS for the 50GB partition before WBFS --didnt work either)
THe HDD is a 1TB WDcaviar green conected via Sharkoon SATA to USB adapter---also tried a sharkoon SATA to USB dock
Tried Installing USBLgx to SD card with USBGXloader easy installer--this did not even load .it gave error:

ISO 236 not found. re-loading into 36--further errors and code dump which only was visible for a second--could not write it down.

Any advice appreciated

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiimerah said:
Hi
I followed the guide 3/20/1010 here and evry thing appears to have gone smoothly. I was on Menu 3.1E this is now 4.2E and orignal discs play fine.
My question: After this modding with update and modify, is there anything else to do to make Usb loader GX work ie installing any other cIOS or any software?
I First tried install of USBLgx on FAT32 HDD partition using boot dol in apps folderin USBLgx folder --this loaded but could not find any USB device even though the USBLgx was on the USB HDD itself---tried both USB ports.(THe HDD had a 50GB partition formatted to WBFS with WBFS manager--Tried NTFS for the 50GB partition before WBFS --didnt work either)
THe HDD is a 1TB WDcaviar green conected via Sharkoon SATA to USB adapter---also tried a sharkoon SATA to USB dock
Tried Installing USBLgx to SD card with USBGXloader easy installer--this did not even load .it gave error:

ISO 236 not found. re-loading into 36--further errors and code dump which only was visible for a second--could not write it down.

Any advice appreciated

How is the hard drive partitioned? I believe it has to be
1st partition fat32
2nd partition wbfs

Also try some other loaders like wiiflow,configurable,or neogamma and see if any of those can see the hard drive

Aegis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question.

I looked at my Wii version, and it was 4.2U. Does the "U" have to do with the nationality of the console, or is it a newer version? Thanks in advance.

wiimerah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
wiimerah said:
Hi

Any advice appreciated

How is the hard drive partitioned? I believe it has to be
1st partition fat32
2nd partition wbfs

Also try some other loaders like wiiflow,configurable,or neogamma and see if any of those can see the hard drive
Hi
MAny thanks for your reply
yes the HDD is partitioned 1st FAT32--10GB 2nd WBFS--50GB
I have tried configurable in adition to GX
I think the problem is the 1TB Caviar green WD ---probably incompatible. Dont know why GX sucessfully loaded from the FAT 32 but cannot see the WBFS partition.. I just needed to be sure that nothing else is needed to make loaders work after following Xzxero's guide. I assume that it should?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :( +1