Votes: 135 91.2%
  • No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that icpmattj but i tried this 3 or 4 times now and have done exactly as you have suggested already i.e pressing plus to mark it and carrying on with every wad in the list. The only files that are unchecked are system menu and ios 70. I swear it's not just me being a doughnut!! At one end of the list (top) there is the ios15 & at the bottom of list is system menu. If i press up a few times on ios15 it takes me straight back to the bottom item which is the system menu. Ios9 is the ony ios you mention which is on the list but that at the bottom of list just before shopping channel. I have also continued to press up,down left and right to see if any of them are hidded and they are not. If it helps i emailed for and got the files for the guide at 12:35 (uk time) (approx 4h20mins ago) Perhaps a prob with the palupdate.zip ?

Anyone else with a pal wii having this problem??????

FAII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
FAII said:
What is the diff. between Disc and USB loading? Do you mean how one wishes to boot games from a backup loader?
Disc backup loaders load games from a burned disc (DVD)
And USB loaders load games from an USB device

tongue.gif
I meant that there's a step in the guide that says "Install these for Disc loading" and "Install these for USB loading" (not verbatim). So I was wondering if the guide means "If you wanna load backups from X, install Y". Also, Dop IOS Mod does not ask me to press 1. I'm assuming this is normal and that the guide forgot about it. And that each time I go back to Dop IOS Mod, I'm supposed to choose "Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning." up until I want to remove the stubs, at which point I'm supposed to go directly into IOS36 on the very first menu. The game is very vague about some things.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
FAII said:
I meant that there's a step in the guide that says "Install these for Disc loading" and "Install these for USB loading" (not verbatim). So I was wondering if the guide means "If you wanna load backups from X, install Y". Also, Dop IOS Mod does not ask me to press 1. I'm assuming this is normal and that the guide forgot about it. And that each time I go back to Dop IOS Mod, I'm supposed to choose "Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning." up until I want to remove the stubs, at which point I'm supposed to go directly into IOS36 on the very first menu. The game is very vague about some things.
The IOS for USB loading don't work optimal for Disc backup launchers, so thats why they differ

And you're correct, it doesn't ask you to press 1
And it also doesn't quit the app after doing one of the fakesign steps I think

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
melodical said:
Thanks for that icpmattj but i tried this 3 or 4 times now and have done exactly as you have suggested already i.e pressing plus to mark it and carrying on with every wad in the list. The only files that are unchecked are system menu and ios 70. I swear it's not just me being a doughnut!! At one end of the list (top) there is the ios15 & at the bottom of list is system menu. If i press up a few times on ios15 it takes me straight back to the bottom item which is the system menu. I have also continued to press up,down left and right to see if any of them are hidded and they are not. Perhaps a prob with the palupdate.zip ?

Anyone else with a pal wii having this problem??????

When i got to ios15 at the top of the list and hit the up button i have to push it 3 or 4 times before it takes me to the bottom of the list.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Quote from 'icpmattj'
"When i got to ios15 at the top of the list and hit the up button i have to push it 3 or 4 times before it takes me to the bottom of the list. "

Agreed, the same here, it takes 4 up presses but still no 12,13,14 etc There seems to be no visible ios when press up 1-4 times.

Are you saying that i should not be able to see these ios's on the list even when pressing up either once,twice,thrice and so forth??

Are they visible to you in wad manager when you press up 1-4 times???

FAII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had that problem. I just deleted some of the WADs I wasn't supposed to use from the folder and IOS-70 (both fo them) showed up just fine after that.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
melodical said:
Quote from 'icpmattj'
"When i got to ios15 at the top of the list and hit the up button i have to push it 3 or 4 times before it takes me to the bottom of the list. "

Agreed, the same here, it takes 4 up presses but still no 12,13,14 etc There seems to be no visible ios when press up 1-4 times.

Are you saying that i should not be able to see these ios's on the list even when pressing up either once,twice,thrice and so forth??

Are they visible to you in wad manager when you press up 1-4 times???

Nope you won't be able to see them.

What i am saying is i have to press the up button 3 or 4 times before it takes me to the bottom of the list.So something is there.

The way i did it was i went to ios15 and then hit the up button and then hit the + to mark the wad to batch install.I continued this 3 more times and when i was done it took me to the bottom of the list.Now when i hit the 1 button to install everything it did infact mark those unseen wads to batch install.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Aha!!!!

Cheers 'icpmattj'!

Been scratching my head for a few hours now. This will probably catch out a lot of newbs. They will probably skip the files they cant see and carry on!!

One last thing when the batchfile begins it only says that 22 files are marked for installation, whereas the guide says 25 files.

Should their be 22 additional files or 25????

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
melodical said:
Aha!!!!

Cheers 'icpmattj'!

Been scratching my head for a few hours now. This will probably catch out a lot of newbs. They will probably skip the files they cant see and carry on!!

One last thing when the batchfile begins it only says that 22 files are marked for installation, whereas the guide says 25 files.

Should their be 22 additional files or 25????

I believe its 25 total.

there is 3 that cant be seen so it you make it 22 if you didnt mark the unseen ones.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
I have clicked + on the four invisible wads but every time i try and run the batchfile by pressing 1, i am still getting 22 files to install instead of 25. i say 22 files not because of me counting every one but when you run the batchfile it tells you how many files you are about to install and it shows as 22 even after clicking plus on the 4 invisible wads

Can i just use the wad manager that came with this guide a few days ago before the guide got updated to do this same process but skip the system menu and ios 70 because i have already installed these wads?

Thanks again!

lewikenzie1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lewikenzie1.webs.com
XP
Country
could somebody explain this part very clearly plz

Run DOP-IOS MOD v10
Go down to select Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
Press B to choose no IOS reload.
Choose Downgrade IOS15.
Choose load IOS from SD.
Choose IOS15 & press A. (Important)
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:

Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
NAND Permissions YES

Then press A on install a patched IOS36.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.
Choose IOS36 & press A.
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Then Choose restore IOS15.
Press A to restore.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.
Proceed to choose IOS36 back on the first menu.
Press A to start the stub removal process.
Press home to head back to the Homebrew Channel.
i think i might have done it wrong

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
cool thanks icpmattj! I now have wad manager 1.5 running, This shows exactly 25 files in the list, 22 files without the ios70,system menu & wm_config.txt. I am going to try the 22 wad files as i've already installed ios70,and system menu & i dont need to do anything wm_config.txt file. I hope that 22 is the magic number and hope there are no files missing from the palupdate.zip file.

What is wm_config.txt file for. Is it useless or just for batchfile/folder purposes?

If my memory is correct wad manager needs to use 'ios249' to install the wads with nand disabled. Is this correct?

neokingster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I asked this a few days ago but no reply.

Im on 4.1E and i want to take of all the mods. Only thing is preloader uses ios60
. is the best thing to do just update

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you use the latest version of wad manager muilti mod the ios not being seen bug is fixed. The latest version is V3b.

neokingster - Just update to 4.2E and then reinstall preloader after updating.

lewikenzie1 - Looks like the ios36 is not on your sd card.

Make sure you have the three needed ios files on the root of your sd card.If they are infact there you might want to redownload all the files again and reformat your sd card and then try again.Also if you have wifi available you could choose to download the files from NUSD.Do do this when it says Load ios from SD card use your left and right buttons on the d-pad and change it until it says download from NUSD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...