• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

spy114

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my wii is 3.1u. When I tried to update my wii to 4.2 according to this guide--Run WAD Manager 1.5 from The Homebrew Channel. When it opens choose IOS36. (it is probably already set to that)------I can only see IOS35 instead of IOS36. What do I do now?

Portulock6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was following this guide and everything was going perfectly until I got to the Trucha Bug part.

I chose ios15, pressed A, then put all those settings as instructed in the guide and pressed A, but I got a message at the end saying the ios36 installation failed and that I needed to use an ios with trucha bug. Any help?

w3guy2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for this great article. It's pretty easy to follow.
However it doesn't seem to work for my Wii.
I tried to use Trucha Bug Restorer 1.1 to downgrade to IOS15. It seemed to succeed (no error message), but when I got back to TBR, I could not select IOS15 (no such option). Any clue?
My Wii is relatively new, bought in the mid of 2009. I upgraded to 4.2 today from the update menu.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So my friend has his wii on 4.2U and he wanted to hack it (he update it today...and now he wants to hack it) but everytime i try to install a HBC I get a message saying Error applying haxx (-2) never happen to me before when I did mine.
what is that and how can I fix it?

rayuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi im stuck here:

"Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 & press A. (Important)
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:"

everytime i get to this point i load IOS15 and press A and i just get a big code dump and i have to power off my wii and load it again everytime it does it i crap myself thinking it has bricked.

everything has worked fine up till this point.

my question is this, can i skip this step and if so what step do i start from next?

i just want to set up the wii to be able to play backup games either from DVD or from a USB loader.

thanks.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
C175R said:
So my friend has his wii on 4.2U and he wanted to hack it (he update it today...and now he wants to hack it) but everytime i try to install a HBC I get a message saying Error applying haxx (-2) never happen to me before when I did mine.
what is that and how can I fix it?
nvm I tried again and it workd. but now I cant do Bootmii not even on boot2 I get an error -1

PS. Found a solution. My card was locked. lol

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rayuki said:
hi im stuck here:

"Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 & press A. (Important)
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:"

everytime i get to this point i load IOS15 and press A and i just get a big code dump and i have to power off my wii and load it again everytime it does it i crap myself thinking it has bricked.

everything has worked fine up till this point.

my question is this, can i skip this step and if so what step do i start from next?

i just want to set up the wii to be able to play backup games either from DVD or from a USB loader.

thanks.
are you using TBR 1.1 or mod? if not, try either of the two.

rayuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im just using the one i got from the email.
which judging from the meta file on my sd card is 1.1

where can i get mod version?

edit: thanks i fixed it by getting the latest version of TBR which is 1.11

D

Deleted-237709

Howdy all and Merry Christmas. Could anyone be able to send/link my to the modify.zip file? Many thanks Fr33state

harroxelas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm sorry if this has already been asked but,

The guide says, while updating to 4.2, that you shoud install two wads (ios70 + sysmenu) and then install the other 25 different IOS files plus the shop channel. But when I run wad manager, there are way more than 28 wads (25 + ios70 + sysmenu + shop channel). I ended up installing all of them without realizing that there were more than 25 other ios. Now, bannerbomb from the modify.zip won't run (my wii freezes). I even tried all bannerbomb versions from the bannerbomb site, none worked. It's all very odd cause my wii is not very new (I hear the new wiis are kinda problematic), proof of that is that I could install bootmii in boot2.

Can anyone help me out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof