yay.gif

Kempston

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A bit of trouble here, I was on 3.2 and I performed the 'Update To 4.2' section fine, following every single bit and had no problems with anything. However, in the 'Modify 4.2' section, when I am trying to launch the bannerbomb in the same way I did in the first section the Wii hangs as soon as I choose SD Card.

Any idea what I should be doing or do I need to repeat this bit given that installing the Homebrew Channel, DVDX and Bootmii as IOS & boot2 went fine via the bannerbomb in the first section?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT - I realised I made a mistake and deleted the entire SD Card following section one instead of just what was in Update.zip. I doubt I'm the only person to have done this though. As such, is there any way to get the required file(s) back? Can the process from the first section be run again?

geckoquiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all need your help...
frown.gif

here's the story... i got a jap wii that was semi bricked...
what i did was follow the steps indicated here...
after that it worked fine but since my language is set to JAP i followed the link below:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=170971&st=0

I was sucessful to put it in 3.2U instead of 3.2J... I setup my connection and did an update to 4.2... while it's downloading I realized to just use offline installer indicated here as well... However I think my wii made an auto update coz now it's on 4.2U...

Tried to downgrade following the steps here but once I am on WAD Manager 1.5 and accept IOS249 my wii remote is losing connection and I need to manually switch off my wii...

Is there a way I can go back to 4.1?

Right now none of my backup discs are working and bootmii screen is no longer there when I boot... Right now, I am afraid to proceed because I may brick my wii...

Please help guys!

Thanks
Geckoquiver

geckoquiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
geckoquiver said:
hi all need your help...
frown.gif

after that it worked fine but since my language is set to JAP i followed the link below:

I was sucessful to put it in 3.2U instead of 3.2J... I setup my connection and did an update to 4.2... while it's downloading I realized to just use offline installer indicated here as well... However I think my wii made an auto update coz now it's on 4.2U...

Tried to downgrade following the steps here but once I am on WAD Manager 1.5 and accept IOS249 my wii remote is losing connection and I need to manually switch off my wii...

Right now none of my backup discs are working and bootmii screen is no longer there when I boot... Right now, I am afraid to proceed because I may brick my wii...

Please help guys!

Thanks
Geckoquiver

I tried installing hackmii again so I can have bootmii but installation hangs...
frown.gif
already followed http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php

i used abd6a_v200.zip
abd69_v200.zip
abd6b_v200.zip

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems like after all the steps everything works, i can back up and play games, but the old back ups from PC don't play at all, any suggestions as to what i need to do to make sure all back ups plays??? should i try to convert HD to FAT32 instead of WBFS, is there any real benefits to that?

geckoquiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
geckoquiver said:
geckoquiver said:
hi all need your help...
frown.gif

Please help guys!

Thanks
Geckoquiver

I tried installing hackmii again so I can have bootmii but installation hangs...
frown.gif
already followed http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php

i used abd6a_v200.zip
abd69_v200.zip
abd6b_v200.zip

Got it working now... wheew!

One question though how can I retain the capabilty to play games from backup dvds and making it region free like i used to have at 3.2fw... I remembered selecting those options when I followed http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=170971&st=0

Thanks!

Jp393

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I'm having a minor problem. My wii firmware was originally 3.3/
I got it up to 4.2 and got everything working properly. Only problem is when I go into the data management to sort the channels on my sd card, it freezes instantly.
I've tried several times and it always freezes there.. Any ideas??

abhik

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
can anyone tell me how can i play online with version 3.2 without updating it. or it is compulsory to update to 4.2 version in order to connect to online becaz to connect to online the wii first tests the internet connection and then says that i need to update.. so if i can play online and connect to internet on 3.2u so plzzz tell me how can i play online on 3.2u version.... plzzz helpp

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Jp393 said:
I got it up to 4.2 and got everything working properly. Only problem is when I go into the data management to sort the channels on my sd card, it freezes instantly.

You need to load the sd card from the sd card icon at the system menu.

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
lowtek said:
You specifically say: "Follow this if your not on 4.2 yet" ... what if the Wii is already on 4.2 and is completely virgin? Do we skip these steps and continue onto the next stage? Or do we follow these steps to install a "modded" 4.2?

Thanks in advance. And I noticed your notes about smoking many bowls... well keep on my friend and there will be much green in your future...
smile.gif

yes you can skip those steps if the wii is already on 4.2 out of the box, which is going to be super unlikely.
Read the steps slowly and clearly, everything works fine if you know how to read
biggrin.gif

keep it hesh man.

QUOTE(martinezgene @ Dec 17 2009, 12:00 AM) Is it safe to use Dop-IOS MOD v9 ? I followed your guide on many wii and it works great. I am going to do another wii and came across Dop-IOS MOD v9 and was wondering if it is better than dopios_v7 ?
yes its safe to use v9
but v10 is coming out soon.

thanks

abhik

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
hi, in the update.zip which one should i use becaz i just know that my wii is NTSC but i dont know whether it is NTSC usa or NTSC japan so how can i know whether it is that. i asked the person whom i bought he didnt understand what i was saying so if i update wrongly then my wii will brick plzzzz helppp sooooooo which one should i use whether NTSC or NTSC-J plzzz helppp meee and i checked all my game cover it says sale and use only in USA,Canada, Mexico and Latin America. And in the system menu when i checked it said that 3.2u so should i use NTSC or NTSC- J and one more thing can i use usb instead of SD card helpppppp

vegeta4ss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
abhik said:
hi, in the update.zip which one should i use becaz i just know that my wii is NTSC but i dont know whether it is NTSC usa or NTSC japan so how can i know whether it is that. i asked the person whom i bought he didnt understand what i was saying so if i update wrongly then my wii will brick plzzzz helppp sooooooo which one should i use whether NTSC or NTSC-J plzzz helppp meee and i checked all my game cover it says sale and use only in USA,Canada, Mexico and Latin America. And in the system menu when i checked it said that 3.2u so should i use NTSC or NTSC- J and one more thing can i use usb instead of SD card helpppppp
3.2U is USA/NTSC so just use NTSC. Only use NTSC-J if your console menus are in japanese and you bought your wii from overseas.

andresilva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Jp393 said:

I got the same exactly problem as you!!! Have you fixed yet?

Its the exactly thing, i was 3.3 , i updated, everything working fine, but when i go to data managemente, to sort the channels, my wii freezes it too!

Please help us guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway