Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey.

i just updated as per the guide, and everything seems to be working well.

the only problem i have is that prior to this (when i followed the previous guide to update to 4.1J with preloader .29) i was able to use the preloader to make my wii region free to play my US games i import on my japanese wii. this latest version doesnt have the option to allow me to make region free wii games (it only has region free gc games)

any idea on what i can do. is there an update to the new preloader that would allow me to enable a region free wii games hack, or can i re-install the previous .29 version of preloader i had before????

please help. i really want to play my imported games by just putting them into my disc drive and playing them from the system menu

DarkBahamut7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
DarkBahamut7 said:
I had a few questions.. Sorry I am a bit of a newb :/

I was wondering how safe this is for my Wii,
and I was wondering if this can be undone if ever needed.
I'd say there's a reasonably high percent of perfectly fine softmodded Wiis from this guide. Just look at the poll above. Any problems are usually due to modders not reading clearly or not following the guide exactly as written out. Any other problems are just variables from Wii to Wii that you can't predict. If you really must undo everything (I see no reason real reason to do that. Deleting channels is good enough), you can follow the revirginizing section of the Complete Softmod Guide.

Thank you, I will try my best to follow this guide and hope it don't fail... o.O I meant hope I don't fail XD

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
tommitek said:
hey.

i just updated as per the guide, and everything seems to be working well.

the only problem i have is that prior to this (when i followed the previous guide to update to 4.1J with preloader .29) i was able to use the preloader to make my wii region free to play my US games i import on my japanese wii. this latest version doesnt have the option to allow me to make region free wii games (it only has region free gc games)

any idea on what i can do. is there an update to the new preloader that would allow me to enable a region free wii games hack, or can i re-install the previous .29 version of preloader i had before????

please help. i really want to play my imported games by just putting them into my disc drive and playing them from the system menu

Using preloader 0.29 hacks with region free for Wii games. Same firmware as yours no problem launching imports from the disc channel..

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey.

cheers for the fast reply.

so if i just reinstall preloader .29 then i will be able to choose region free wii games, and also region free wii channel hacks??

or can i use the .29 hacks file in preloader .30??

where can i find the files i need to install preloader .29 with the hacks? its been a while since i did this previously, i dont know where the files are

Posts merged

hey.

cheers for the fast reply.

so if i just reinstall preloader .29 then i will be able to choose region free wii games, and also region free wii channel hacks??

or can i use the .29 hacks file in preloader .30??

where can i find the files i need to install preloader .29 with the hacks? its been a while since i did this previously, i dont know where the files are

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im not too savvy on how to use that info to create a hacks.ini file

also its been a while since i done this last, how do i setup my sd card to install preloader with the hacks i want

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tommitek said:

also its been a while since i done this last, how do i setup my sd card to install preloader with the hacks i want
4.2 has no region free hacks, you must be on 4.1 or lower to have region free wii from the disc channel

follow the 4.2 to 4.1 part if you want them.

there is a 4.x hacks.ini here for all regions.
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/sy...acks/priiloader

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
tommitek said:

4.2 has no region free hacks, you must be on 4.1 or lower to have region free wii from the disc channel

follow the 4.2 to 4.1 part if you want them.

there is a 4.x hacks.ini here for all regions.
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/sy...acks/priiloader

does that mean there is no region free channel hack either?

i was just wondering why there are no region free wii games hack even though there is a region free gc games hack....
is there a specific reason why?

DarkBahamut7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tutorial and help everyone, I do however have a few more questions, sorry, but I was wondering about bricking.

Is it easy to get bricked?, I've read about the types of bricks and how to remove them but there are those that can't be removed.

I want my Wii modded and I find this guide easy to follow, I am just afraid I may get bricked sometime or another.
btw BootMii can only be installed as an IOS on my Wii.

Sorry for the trouble, headaches and all
wacko.gif

ruimoura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i just bought a Black Wii and it comes with 4.2E, does this tutorial (the one on the first page) work on my wii?

If not, is there any out there that works? Thanks in advance.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
no, u dont have to edit it.

and region free wii games hack does not work on 4.2, so if u care about this (for disk loading only) then stay on 4.1
why don't they just make a universal hacks.ini for download from wiibrew for all regions and firmwares as it would stop all noobs asking for different versions of the hacks.ini

ruimoura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
only easy to brick if u are experimenting with new apps without proper brick protection.

but as long as u dont try anything stupid, and read all the instructions carefully before trying something, u should never encounter a brick

Hi.

Could you answer my question above? Is it possible to hack my wii with 4.2E with this tutorial? I only got it yesterday, sorry for my noob questions.

Thanks.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@ longtom1

that's what the complete soft mod guide is for, lol

da_letter_a wrote one for 4.1 and 4.2 all regions, then the complete softmod guide released theirs which is for 4.X all regions. Other than those two sources, I don't think a universal hacks.ini can be found elsewhere... so yea, i guess if it were on wiibrew we would have slightly less newbs asking the same Qs

ruimoura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just asking because the title says, clearly, "Modify any Wii 4.2 & below" ... mine is not 4.2, is 4.2E. Don't take me wrong, i'm just trying to clarify if it really is for all 4.2 ...

Anyway, thanks for your answer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: overkill for any gamer