Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiNo29

DiNo29 GBAtemp Regular

France
    Wow, amazing. Manhunt gore mod is incredible. Great tool. Downloading it, I'll see if I can do something interesting.

2. Mr.O

Mr.O Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    I did NOT come up with it! Most definately! It is just the same changes that can be applied to the PSP Iso applied to the Wii iso!

I have no programmning skillz whatsoever, so credit goes to someone else!

cheers

3. Mr.O

Mr.O Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Well, as for No more heroes, I believe it is out in Europe this week, in two days to be precise... I beleive that just like in manhunt, the blood in the pal version of no more heroes could be reintegrated...
    And yes, one can edit the images of the games... but I believe that a large amount of programming knowledge is required.... there won't be some "gore=true/false" entry...

4. gieve

gieve Member
    Newcomer

I realise it would be more than changing a single value, just wondering if anyone had considered this as a means to getting full region free.

and as for NMH, its been delayed till mid next month in Europe, so i'm kinda hoping this DOES mean it can be made region free

5. aligborat69

aligborat69 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hey.

Excellent News.

Im trying to use Version 0.21.

I have imported the reg etc, so the program boots up, but when i try to open an iso, i get the following error:

Error decrypting data.

Anyone else having this? Anything im missing?

Thanks

6. soliunasm

soliunasm GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Technically, someone should try the blood thing on the JPN version of NMH using the USA files.

7. Dirtie

Dirtie :'D
    Former Staff

New Zealand
    The update partition of a game always has an .inf file which I guess is a description of the files contained in that update. If you modified it to not include things like RVL-News_JP-v7.wad (Japanese-console specific part of the news channel), it could work - however I can't get the app to replace update partition files (maybe I'm doing something wrong). With a bit more functionality (ie. renaming or other basic file operations), maybe you could replace the JP file with a US/EU one and then just repoint the .inf file to it.

8. Social0

Social0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    if a hack was released today then i don't think nintendo was able to fix it with an upate from a few days ago which you used yesterday... [​IMG]

9. shadyboy

shadyboy GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    well the update came out yesterday [​IMG]
    but with all the talk about "no updating firmware" I got quite [​IMG] and afraid that I might not be able to play more wii games .... hehe

oh well [​IMG]
    now a good tutorial could home out [​IMG] and it would all be g00000d [​IMG]
    but until thene, I have my [​IMG] I can [​IMG] on [​IMG] and as soon I save up enough money I gonna buy an M3 perfect for my [​IMG] [​IMG] hehe [​IMG]

10. Dirtie

Dirtie :'D
    Former Staff

New Zealand
    engine_params.qb.ngc looks like the most likely candidate for attempting to fix this - too bad I can't make any sense of the format although there are a few patterns. It'd be interesting to compare to the PS2/360/PC versions...

11. shonosuke

shonosuke GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    hopefully it can also uncensor NMH pal

12. webyugioh

webyugioh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I know it has been asked a million times, but can anyone who has this working build or write some kind of tutorial on how to use this. It's kinda of hard to figure out on how to work this with 8 pages of stuff growing every second.

Think about it, with more people being able to use it more stuff can be done:D

I would be much obliged if somebody did this, as i can find no tutorial though google.

PS: This is awesome, i can't wait till the VC hacks.

13. Sc4rFac3d

Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    So... Does this mean US games work on PAL now? If so, godsend! [​IMG]

14. Redsquirrel

Redsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

fantastic news! Ill have to try the manhunt 2 thing sometime. Might actually give me a reason for playing the game.

Its possible it could make ntsc games work on PAL wiis (that dont already) but who knows.

15. CockroachMan

CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    This makes possible to change the signature of a NTSC game to make the Wii read it like a PAL game..
    I'm more excited about the possibility of having homebrew games on discs actually [​IMG]

16. shadyboy

shadyboy GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    and what possibilites will we have thene [​IMG]
    weee I am so happy for this day [​IMG]:D:D

17. aligborat69

aligborat69 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Is the reg file needed to load into windows specific to your windows machine? Which is why we need to find all the keys? Or can anyone paste a pre-modded reg file so you can use this straight away?

Ive got as far as opening isos and extracting files, but im assuming if i dont complete the keys in the reg file and import them, when the iso is burnt it wont work?

(Trying to do the manhunt 2 gore hack)

18. WhyKlef

WhyKlef Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Oh wow... I remember someone checking the ISO of Smash Brawl I haven't done it myself but there was unfinished characters apparently like Mewtwo and a few others, it would then be possible to switch those with working chars!!! [​IMG]

19. shadyboy

shadyboy GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    LOL! [​IMG] [​IMG] that would have been soo cool ... i mean like getting more characters in the game would be so cool [​IMG]

20. mb01

mb01 GBAtemp Regular

Yeah i'm Gunner57 from BC. I was probably the first to post but really only used most of the knowledge from the PSP uncensoring and put it into WII terms.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Modify,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.