Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monkey01

Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    What error does it give?
    Do you have the key.bin in the same folder as the file you're trying to decrypt?

But you already got it working? Didn't you need those keys then?

2. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

United States

Also, combining this with a garbage removal program along the lines of wiiscrubber that can remove garbage data so the iso is smaller without needing to be .rared we could make multi boot wii game discs

edit, we of course would need a program like gcos multi-boot that is wii compatible as well but that shouldn't take long to pop up now that this is out.

3. bluebright

bluebright GBAtemp Advanced Fan

It's all coming together nicely.

So whats with all the recent hacks? I like how they all came at once, makes me feel like we're getting somewhere.

4. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Reach for the stars!
    And take us with you. [​IMG]

5. IBNobody

IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

United States
    I never thought about that... That's pretty screwed up, if you ask me.

But, no, you only need the master key (key.bin) to re-sign your stuff.

6. bluebright

Sorry Heran, but that was pretty corny.

7. shadyboy

shadyboy GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    NICE [​IMG]:D:D

okey, now this might sound very n00bish, but, possible that someone makes a "tutorial" on how to use this programs and the other programs that you need to 100 % use this program and to make it work?

Love everyday whene the Wii scene expands ^^

8. slvrdrgn123

slvrdrgn123 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yea, that would be much appreciated. I have no idea what's going on right now.

9. tjas

tjas The Gbatemp HRManager

Netherlands
    I fear for a firmware update that will tackle this exploit....

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR WII UNTILL FURTHER NOTICE [​IMG]

10. shaunj66

shaunj66 GBAtemp Administrator
    Administrator

United Kingdom
    Would you be able to use this to remove the protection from Mario Galaxy so the game can be played on old modchips that weren't updatable to bypass the new protection, ie. the Wiinja v1? [​IMG]

11. Mr.O

Mr.O Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    I agree, don't update the system! The recent firmware update will definately disable this exploit!

But if you haven't updated your firmaware yet: IT WORKS REALLY WELL ! I just modiefied Manhunt 2 to work uncensored!
    Just open RHTE54/root/global/levelSetup.ini

and replace
    # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # [GK] execution colour ramp options: flash fadein (sec), flash duration (sec), flash fadeout time (sec)
    EXECUTION_COLRAMP_TEXTURE FE_execramps
    EXECUTION_COLRAMP_FLASH_TIMES 0.05, 0.05, 0.1
    EXECUTION_COLRAMP_FADE_TIME 5.0

with

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # [GK] execution colour ramp options: flash fadein (sec), flash duration (sec), flash fadeout time (sec)
    EXECUTION_COLRAMP_TEXTURE
    EXECUTION_COLRAMP_FLASH_TIMES 200, 0.6, 0.3
    EXECUTION_COLRAMP_FADE_TIME 5.0

Trust me, now the game makes a lot more sense to me... damn this is gore...

12. shadyboy

shadyboy GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    tjas: lets just hope that we can learn how to use this program before the "terrible" update comes thene [​IMG]

13. Serabii

Serabii GBAtemp Regular

I'm quite curious about this program and a little worried...

I got some noob questions... whats this supposed to mean
    other than not to update it but is it's for only this program (until further updates or so) or for all modded Wii's also? I'm just confused... XP

and what Version are we talking about, is it the latest/recent (ver. 3.2) or the older versions (for it to work)? (this is for said update)

14. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

what!! 0_0 this has to be some major joke or something? i'm still on 3.1 firmware currently, if this tool is able to remove future firmware updates or even switch updates with older firmware this could be a major breakthrough if it's true!

*drools of the thought of playing no more heroes uncut version with blood!*

15. Lloyd14

Lloyd14 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    So if Brawl comes out in EU (PAL) Then i use this and he boots?

16. bluebright

This is one of the best uses. I keep thinking of modding games. Someone make PAL NMH with red blood and Lego Star Wars with mario.

17. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

there is not even a eu release date, usa version comes out early march, pal release date is rumoured to be coming out autum.

18. shadyboy

shadyboy GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    heaheheahehahae [​IMG]

19. Mr.O

Mr.O Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The

Well, you never know what is possible... but in theory, most definately, it could take a similar path like the PSP... but touching the wiis firmware is also dangerous, remember those banned from XBox live...

And one more thing: I personally do not like discussions about "cool, can I play game XY for free when it comes"... this should not be about being able to play games for free, also known as piracy, or stealing...

This should be about being freed from censorship (e.g. Manhunt 2, No More Heroes in Europe) or being able to play imports without the trouble of duplicate channels etc...

Again, this should not be about piracy, but about freedom of the customer, who should not be bound to company release strategies and censorship!

peace

20. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    This is great news, in situations like this I find it amusing to think what is happening at various Nintendo HQs at this time (the headless chicken idea especially).

If only my Wii had not decided to die on me (if I insert a disc (GC or wii) it comes up with an error message leaving me to power down (normally by yanking the lead)) I might have been able to do a simple hack (my messing with Prince of Persia showed it was fairly simple in hacking world. Looks like I will probably go get a new (second hand) wii and mod it (probably after a job is found).

Damn nice work though Mr.O, now I want a memory reader as I want to try proper cheats. Hopefully some patching methods will get sorted soon although I dare say it will likely be executable based as I imagine a redone iso is too much for nearly all patching methods to do sensibly.

VC: I was not paying much attention to smash brothers but did it not come with emulators and demo VC games?

Protection: anything is possible within the system limits but some protection is fairly insidious, I also do not know how many people would benefit
    Chances any code would be at the start of the binary.

Mochipless games: from what I understand (and it may well be FUD spread from various people) the mod chips bypass the drives own mechanisms which are beyond the reach of the firmware. Of course the drive authentication (i.e. custom drives and I would be willing to bet on Nintendo using a slightly altered spec from the off the shelf stuff we all use) rests slightly higher up in the food chain and perhaps in the reach of us now.

It seems like this is definitely a good time to be a wii owner.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Modify,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.