Not open for further replies.

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Wow, amazing. Manhunt gore mod is incredible. Great tool. Downloading it, I'll see if I can do something interesting.

Mr.O

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This manhunt2 thing is cool. But who is the one who first came up with this?
on bc this was posted earlier this morning by a member called gunner57

I did NOT come up with it! Most definately! It is just the same changes that can be applied to the PSP Iso applied to the Wii iso!

I have no programmning skillz whatsoever, so credit goes to someone else!

cheers

Mr.O

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First off, wow.
and third, do you think this could lead to editing the images of games, so that they are region disabled, thinking primarily of no more heroes
tongue.gif

Well, as for No more heroes, I believe it is out in Europe this week, in two days to be precise... I beleive that just like in manhunt, the blood in the pal version of no more heroes could be reintegrated...
And yes, one can edit the images of the games... but I believe that a large amount of programming knowledge is required.... there won't be some "gore=true/false" entry...

gieve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, as for No more heroes, I believe it is out in Europe this week, in two days to be precise... I beleive that just like in manhunt, the blood in the pal version of no more heroes could be reintegrated...
And yes, one can edit the images of the games... but I believe that a large amount of programming knowledge is required.... there won't be some "gore=true/false" entry...

I realise it would be more than changing a single value, just wondering if anyone had considered this as a means to getting full region free.

and as for NMH, its been delayed till mid next month in Europe, so i'm kinda hoping this DOES mean it can be made region free

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey.

Excellent News.

Im trying to use Version 0.21.

I have imported the reg etc, so the program boots up, but when i try to open an iso, i get the following error:

Error decrypting data.

Anyone else having this? Anything im missing?

Thanks

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, wow.
and third, do you think this could lead to editing the images of games, so that they are region disabled, thinking primarily of no more heroes
tongue.gif

Technically, someone should try the blood thing on the JPN version of NMH using the USA files.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
could someone test if removing files from the update partition, the game is still working ?

like removing the firmware update (weather and news) but leaving the game signature on the console to run (paper mario, metroid, smash bros, etc.).
like doing the 15% trick.

I may try it if I had time.Â
I don't have Brawl to test.
The update partition of a game always has an .inf file which I guess is a description of the files contained in that update. If you modified it to not include things like RVL-News_JP-v7.wad (Japanese-console specific part of the news channel), it could work - however I can't get the app to replace update partition files (maybe I'm doing something wrong). With a bit more functionality (ie. renaming or other basic file operations), maybe you could replace the JP file with a US/EU one and then just repoint the .inf file to it.

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
ohmy.gif
biggrin.gif
YEEEEES
biggrin.gif
SAAAFE
biggrin.gif
damm was afraid there that I had fucked it up now
tongue.gif
I uppdated yesterday >.< was afraid that I had fucked up my chances of playing "modded" wii games ^^
tongue.gif

if a hack was released today then i don't think nintendo was able to fix it with an upate from a few days ago which you used yesterday...
huh.gif

shadyboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
ohmy.gif
biggrin.gif
YEEEEES
biggrin.gif
SAAAFE
biggrin.gif
damm was afraid there that I had fucked it up now
tongue.gif
I uppdated yesterday >.< was afraid that I had fucked up my chances of playing "modded" wii games ^^
tongue.gif

if a hack was released today then i don't think nintendo was able to fix it with an upate from a few days ago which you used yesterday...
huh.gif

well the update came out yesterday
tongue.gif

but with all the talk about "no updating firmware" I got quite
wacko.gif
and afraid that I might not be able to play more wii games .... hehe

oh well
happy.gif

now a good tutorial could home out
lecture.gif
and it would all be g00000d
tongue.gif

but until thene, I have my
nds.gif
I can
yaynds.gif
on
happy.gif
and as soon I save up enough money I gonna buy an M3 perfect for my
gbasp2.gif
happy.gif
hehe
tongue.gif

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Someone should try and see if they can patch Guitar Hero Wii to stereo... the disc replacement program is taking AGES in Europe...
engine_params.qb.ngc looks like the most likely candidate for attempting to fix this - too bad I can't make any sense of the format although there are a few patterns. It'd be interesting to compare to the PS2/360/PC versions...

webyugioh

Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
I know it has been asked a million times, but can anyone who has this working build or write some kind of tutorial on how to use this. It's kinda of hard to figure out on how to work this with 8 pages of stuff growing every second.

Think about it, with more people being able to use it more stuff can be done:D

I would be much obliged if somebody did this, as i can find no tutorial though google.

PS: This is awesome, i can't wait till the VC hacks.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
fantastic news! Ill have to try the manhunt 2 thing sometime. Might actually give me a reason for playing the game.

Its possible it could make ntsc games work on PAL wiis (that dont already) but who knows.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
This makes possible to change the signature of a NTSC game to make the Wii read it like a PAL game..
I'm more excited about the possibility of having homebrew games on discs actually
biggrin.gif

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Is the reg file needed to load into windows specific to your windows machine? Which is why we need to find all the keys? Or can anyone paste a pre-modded reg file so you can use this straight away?

Ive got as far as opening isos and extracting files, but im assuming if i dont complete the keys in the reg file and import them, when the iso is burnt it wont work?

(Trying to do the manhunt 2 gore hack)

WhyKlef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh wow... I remember someone checking the ISO of Smash Brawl I haven't done it myself but there was unfinished characters apparently like Mewtwo and a few others, it would then be possible to switch those with working chars!!!
ohmy.gif

shadyboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Oh wow... I remember someone checking the ISO of Smash Brawl I haven't done it myself but there was unfinished characters apparently like Mewtwo and a few others, it would then be possible to switch those with working chars!!!
ohmy.gif

LOL!
blink.gif
wacko.gif
that would have been soo cool ... i mean like getting more characters in the game would be so cool
tongue.gif

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
This manhunt2 thing is cool. But who is the one who first came up with this?
on bc this was posted earlier this morning by a member called gunner57

Yeah i'm Gunner57 from BC. I was probably the first to post but really only used most of the knowledge from the PSP uncensoring and put it into WII terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: these recent switch 2 rumors makes no sense to me