Modernising hack for GB Tetris - Rosy Retrospection

Sk17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ok. Managed to score more than 800k points. This time I recorded it.

1687917247083.png

Here's the video:

Last edited by Sk17,

Sk17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, I guess there's nothing left to do in this game. I've reached 999k points.

Then again, mapping Select to a shoulder button it's what makes this possible. Don't know if it this score counts.

I've gotta say, this romhack is good.

Last edited by Sk17,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I guess i've got nothing else to do with this game. I've reached 999k points.

Then again, mapping Select to a shoulder button it's what makes this possible. Don't know if it this score counts.

I've gotta say, this romhack is good.

Holy moly. Rosy needs to add one digit to the score lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Sk17

Sk17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Yeah, I thought I was doing alright with this one getting to 600k. Then I see this thread is active again, and I find out that I kind of suck at Tetris lol.
600k is still a lot!
Post automatically merged:

Sorry for posting this much.

I went even further this time and decided to see what happens after 999 lines.. I decided mid-play I would stop playing after doing an "All Clear" as some sort of challenge, however, it took 500 more lines. lol

I'm really done with this game at this point.

Last edited by Sk17,
  • Wow
Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Amazing achievements above which I'm never gonna get close to, but I'm happy to bump this thread with a new colourisation for Rosy Retrospection which has come out recently https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/8259/ - can't wait to try it!
HOLY F*CK! FINALLY!
And even 30th November, how did I freakin' miss this although I checked on rhdn these past few days? How could THEY not end up putting it in their news section? Curse them for that lol.
Thank you! Just played the non-DX Rosy yesterday on my Analogue Pocket and was like "Oh boy, hopefully the DX version happens before Christmas" so Christmas is now as it seems. Woohoo! <3

Just ordered a blue Tetris DX cartridge from AliExpress which I'm going to overwrite with this rom hack to have link cable action between GBC and Analogue Pocket ready to go! Can't be happier right now!

• Love
Reactions: hippy dave

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Amazing achievements above which I'm never gonna get close to, but I'm happy to bump this thread with a new colourisation for Rosy Retrospection which has come out recently https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/8259/ - can't wait to try it!
Damn, I played this for hours on my Analogue Pocket yesterday and really felt like a hyped child.
Apotris is technically still the better game of course, but there's something about the Game Boy's original Tetris that is just so... magical. It's not just the music, it's the whole experience.
Having something like Rosy was already a gift from heaven. And having that one receive a colorization hack is more I could ever ask for.

The only thing I noticed is that the "preview shadow" for the yellow piece was not that visible on the background but apart from that the current version is already very well done and stable.

Small heads up: The guy in the first review mentioned that there's also a GBC Tetris homebrew game called Pandora's Blocks (click me) to which the creator of Rosy DX (Creepercraft) also contributed.
Tested that one as well and it's a pretty decent experience too (nowhere near Rosy DX though). However what makes it stand out are the "dark theme" and the "big bricks mode". Only the "dropping sounds" are super annoying imho, taking away from an otherwise great experience. Still worth a honorable mention though.

With Apotris, Tetris Rosy Retrospection DX, Pandora's Blocks, From Below and a few really nice rom hacks for the NES Tetris game(s), we've really got a good load of options when it comes to good old retro Tetris gaming now.

What are your favorites and in which order?

• Love
Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwfObY-WDQ