modding PS2 slim (V15)

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Duracelpupu, Feb 8, 2008.

Feb 8, 2008

modding PS2 slim (V15) by Duracelpupu at 9:02 AM (1,769 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Duracelpupu
    OP

Newcomer Duracelpupu Member

Nauru
    so, dvd-drive from my earlier V5 ps2 got broken.. [​IMG]

now, going to buy a new (but little used) PS2 V15 and move my mod chip (matrix infinity) to the new console..

i have read from this one (finnish) mod chip shop site that you dont need any laser fix etc for e.g. V15 (those are only needed for v12, am i right?)..

also there was a note about adjusting laser or something (dont know how to translate exactly):
    "for V13-V14 PSTwo is enough that you adjust laser to 1150 - 1200 ohm"
    so, if something like that is needed to be done also for V15, how is it done exactly?

if someone can give more detailed instructions or good links, i would appreciate that very much

i know how to solder and shi*.. so thats not the problem, i need only instructions so i dont break my new ps2 [​IMG]

many thanks beforehand [​IMG]

2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You don't have to do anything extra to a V15. Just chip it and you're done. Also only the green dot matrix infinity will work on a V15 , if you have an older one if won't work.

3. MelonSmasher

Newcomer MelonSmasher Advanced Member

Netherlands
  4. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] . Why would they do that?. They already have a chip , which depending on version should be swappable and they can solder. So why go with a inferior solution?.