linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
For those whom been following the Mig Switch might have noticed, Modded Hardware that been flamed hard on Reddit.

Nintendo have now sued both of them and it seems one of them have been selling roms preloaded as well, just asking for issues.

Seem to also fit with the Mig Switch website going down according to the source that Nintendo is on a war path.

Source: https://x.com/nintendeal/status/1807580582689505733
More source: https://torrentfreak.com/nintendo-sues-modded-hardware-and-r-switchpirates-moderator-archbox-240701/

Last edited by linuxares,

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I wouldn't exactly call Nintendo going after a flashcard their warpath lol. This is the kind of thing that is actually justified on their part.
People don't get that they're a business protecting their property, selling piracy products is asking for trouble

Lumpofcoal

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
IMO, modded was practically asking for it. According to court documents, ninty initially approached him with a cease and desist. Modded allegedly agreed (including signing an agreement) to it and ninty would have left it (ninty specifically pointed that part out) at that. However, modded continued to sell all the offending stuff in contravention of the agreement......and well, ninty naturally went on the full offensive. Even worse still, it's alleged that modded was selling sd cards full of switch games and roms as well. One could argue the legality of the devices (mig, mods, etc) but piracy is an absolute no no. They even gave him a goddamn chance.
Post automatically merged:

Meanwhile if it were a Chinese company, Nintendo wouldn't even dare trying to stop them lol

To be fair, ninty seems to be trying in that regard. They can't directly intervene but they can do so through their local partner in China, namely tencent. Tencent carries a lot of weight there. Something is also happening in China as evidenced by many MIG lisitings on aliexpress quickly disappearing.

Last edited by Lumpofcoal,

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
They got caught selling hardware WITH pirated software that's why. They would have been OK just selling the hardware IMO.

Meanwhile if it were a Chinese company, Nintendo wouldn't even dare trying to stop them lol

Even Nintendo can't do shit in that scenario. The chinese are on the league of their own when it comes to piracy. Riot can't even shut down a league copycat.

Lumpofcoal

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
They got caught selling hardware WITH pirated software that's why. They would have been OK just selling the hardware IMO.

I don't think they would. Several of the suit's main points relate to "trafficking of circumvention devices" and ninty even painstakingly pointed it out in like over a dozen pages.

Reactions: VinsCool

badbob

Trophies
XP
Country
Also selling games! Why a reseller though that was a good idea I got no idea about.
Looking at the complaint PDF, the last section has a list of the infringing titles. It's all NES/SNES/N64 roms. He must have included the NSO stuff as part of his config or something.

It seems crazy that he would ignore the C&Ds. It looks like he thought he could hire a lawyer and keep on going. But then it looks like that lawyer didnt want to work with him when he wouldn't agree to the 3rd of his very generous C&Ds.

Reactions: TankedThomas

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need to get gallon's of gas for the fire i'm spreading once again... cause nintendo you were not on war path for a couple of month's and you came right back on the flaming pile of dog poo shit list.

also i just read that they put pirated games on the card or swtich or something... i guess i'll let that slide but not really...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: +1