Hacking Hardware Modchip installation failed, ripped off a capacitor with its pad. Is this fixable?

Kaboni

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened during an attempt to install a picofly modchip (Failed miserably).

Is there a way to somehow solder the capacitor back on? Is it just enough with one pad?

I've heard that the modchip installation can still be done with one capacitor, but I don't really know.

1000046054.jpg

ewabc886

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Which cap is this exactly?
With 1 pad only, the cap is not connected.
And it looks like that the pads might still be there.

Also, by looking at the result on the other caps, the iron tip isn't giving enough heat for the soldering.
This is also the reason why you rip the cap off in the first place.

Yes, there's also guide to use 1 cap shorted only for the modchip soldering.

Reactions: splaca

Kaboni

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which cap is this exactly?
With 1 pad only, the cap is not connected.
And it looks like that the pads might still be there.

Also, by looking at the result on the other caps, the iron tip isn't giving enough heat for the soldering.
This is also the reason why you rip the cap off in the first place.

Yes, there's also guide to use 1 cap shorted only for the modchip soldering.
It's the SP2 Capacitor, I don't think there's any pad left on the right side, it was removed completely, there's just solder leftovers. I'm not sure if it's still fixable
I'll gladly appreciate if you could tell me where to find a guide to install the modchip with only one cap, just in case I can't fix this problem.
Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Kaboni,

ewabc886

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
It's the SP2 Capacitor, I don't think there's any pad left on the right side, it was removed completely, there's just solder leftovers. I'm not sure if it's still fixable
I'll gladly appreciate if you could tell me where to find a guide to install the modchip with only one cap, just in case I can't fix this problem.
Thanks for your help!
If I remember correctly, it should work just by ignoring this soldering point
Since these are power connections, 1 cap is enough, 2 caps for redundancy.

Also, before considering to ignore the cap, you can see if the ripped off pad is the ground pad.

If ground pad is ripped off, simply fix it by connecting the other end of the cap to a ground point by a jump wire. Matching it to the original soldering concept.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)