Mod your Nintendo 64 official rumble pack to work without batteries

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by LinkinGoo, Apr 2, 2012.

1. LinkinGoo
    OP

Newcomer LinkinGoo Member

Portugal
    Hi everybody hope this is the right section to post this.
    Many many years ago when the Nintendo 64 came out i saw in a English games magazine a hack to make the official rumble pack from Nintendo 64 work without batteries.

And well i loved and still love electronic´s and was capable of doing the mod and in the time i understood little of electronics... so many years latter youtube gave me the chance of sharing this.

This video was made by me, 2 years ago it don't show´s the soldering part but i think its very explicative.

I only recommend using max 2 rumble pack´s at the same time in n64, mine its still working and never had problems.
    The reason that i only recommend using 2 its because i don't thing n64 has enough power to use more than that.

Hope you guys like it B-)

[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEn6LT4DUNA [/media]

1 person likes this.
  2. thaddius

Member thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

Canada
    Sweet deal.

I have a few extra rumble packs lying around so I might try this someday.

I know that (some?) third party rumble packs that don't use batteries aren't as strong as the official one with batteries. Any word on how powerful an official one is after the mod?

3. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    Did this mod back when N64 was still current :) Good to see people are still doing it :P

4. LinkinGoo
    OP

Newcomer LinkinGoo Member

Portugal
    Yes i think some third party dont need batteries, after the mod i haven't noticed any difference.