Mobile View

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by CheatingSoi, Nov 11, 2009.

Nov 11, 2009

Mobile View by CheatingSoi at 1:59 AM (890 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. CheatingSoi
    OP

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    I'm not sure how the mobile view works with sites, if it costs extra, what work is to be involved but its just an idea based on knowing nothing about it so forgive me if this has been suggested before or its asking too much.

I think we should have a mobile view version of the temp because when I use the internet on any mobile device, whether it be my phone or my iPod, I am usually browsing GBAtemp. This site is not mobile friendly at all, there is a lot too load and the screen format it just terrible for it. It would be extremely nice to just have a nicely formatted view of the site, with less clutter and an easily navigable interface. Also, instead of this, maybe at least app for the iPod touch would be nice that runs this site in a mobile view, much like Facebook, eBay, and Myspace apps.

I really thing this would be an incredibly useful thing and I think that many user would agree. I would really enjoy browsing the temp when I'm away from my computer.

2. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    this would be helpful. I enjoy going on the internet in the middle of class :3

3. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    we had a mobile gbatemp, it was freakin' sweet :')

and now it is no more [​IMG]

goodbye... my friend... dearest m.gbatemp.net :'

4. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    I don't know the situation regarding the mobile version of the forum but you can use http://wumga.com/ in the meantime.

5. rithsv

Newcomer rithsv Member

Australia
    I find the site alright to use on the PSP, but an actual mobile formatted one would be nice.

I don't think it would be too hard to implement - if only for the front page.

6. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    i think a mobile version of GBAtemp would be alright.
    seen as though i waste £7.50 of my credit a month for mobile internet and never use it.

7. LightyKD

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    I have to agree. A mobile version of GBATemp would be way awesome. Ive been using my DSi alot to surf the web and I really hate the fact that the site doesn't load quickly. Not to mention its a bit of a pain to view and navigate in "column" and "overview" modes. If you need any ides on how to model'your site, check out Yahoo Mobile at m.yahoo.com . That site is beautiful and on a DSi, it works very well! [​IMG]