Hacking [MMM] Multi-Mod Manager (a collection of tools)

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Not to mention an AHBPROT patched IOS lacks essential modules for backup loading.
Eh that's mostly just which base IOS is used and which patches are applied. Theoretically you could patch the d2x patches in on the fly, although I don't think anyone is doing that yet.
Hmm..so it's possible to patch an IOS on-the-fly to make it work for running backups? Not sure anymore but I think I recall somewhere a discussion about whether or not AHBPROT can be used for running backups.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Theoretically you could patch the d2x patches in on the fly, although I don't think anyone is doing that yet.
You mean so you could have the modules stored on external storage and the loader could pick which IOS to inject them into based on what game was being launched, thus ending the need for 5834917 different cIOS versions being installed on the wii (or in fact any custom IOSes at all, removing the possibility of someone screwing up something vital) ? That sounds crazy, surely the noob-confusing and easily misunderstood current procedure of installing half a dozen different things via multiple apps is much better.

Reactions: 1 person

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm certain it's possible to apply the d2x patches and additional d2x custom modules using ahbprot on the fly. IIRC giantpune tested it out just for fun, but there may have been some caveats that I'm forgetting, the convo was a REALLY long time ago. Point is, proof of concept in this area has already been achieved.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm..so it's possible to patch an IOS on-the-fly to make it work for running backups? Not sure anymore but I think I recall somewhere a discussion about whether or not AHBPROT can be used for running backups.
Should be.
You mean so you could have the modules stored on external storage and the loader could pick which IOS to inject them into based on what game was being launched, thus ending the need for 5834917 different cIOS versions being installed on the wii (or in fact any custom IOSes at all, removing the possibility of someone screwing up something vital) ? That sounds crazy, surely the noob-confusing and easily misunderstood current procedure of installing half a dozen different things via multiple apps is much better.
I agree it sounds like it would be great but the question is if it would actually work out, as I have seen with Wii Mod AHBPROT doesn't always seem to play nicely. For instance I have no idea why those patches seem to be affecting the USB, although the backup loaders possibly wouldn't have this problem as they have their own usb implementations.
Point is, proof of concept in this area has already been achieved.
Bit more than just proof of concept, it's how Riivolution works.
Well that's cool that it has been proven. Speaking of Riivolution whatever became of that? It seemed like a cool idea for changing games on the fly but then as far as I know no other loaders do the same and Riivolution stopped progress.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I use only 2 cIOSes (which were installed by a single application) for everything without problems and without worrying about corrupted SD cards or loaders that mess up AHBPROT. I am positive that this is much better and more reliable than on-the-fly patching.

LiLCruz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made Uneek nand with modmii MMM freeze when try to exit, is this a known issue? I'm using the one that came with modmii.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What IOS does it say is loaded when you load up MMM? I believe a CIOS needed to be loaded like IOS 249 in order to install WADs. It's been a while since I've installed WADs with it so don't quote me on that. I'll see if I can do some digging and find the answer for you and let you know.

Jokrr5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What IOS does it say is loaded when you load up MMM? I believe a CIOS needed to be loaded like IOS 249 in order to install WADs. It's been a while since I've installed WADs with it so don't quote me on that. I'll see if I can do some digging and find the answer for you and let you know.
Hey im having this same problem. Idk where to find cios but i have mmm but wont install wads and wont load new ios. Plz help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo