Hacking [MMM] Multi-Mod Manager (a collection of tools)

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My SD card is broken, so I must load everything from USB HDD or SMB.
I need to use the WAD Manager but it gives an error when attempting to load from USB so I would like to load the wads from SMB. When I select SMB is shows 4 empty smbs and fails, but I can find no instructions on how to configure smb's for wad manager.

I have created a standard smb.conf in the apps/mmm directory but still no luck even though that smb.conf works fine for apps/mplayerc

Can anyone tell me how to configure the smbs for MMM?

Try reloading a patched IOS to see if loading from usb works

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"
Try reloading a patched IOS to see if loading from usb works

That's my problem, I have no patched IOS so am looking to use MMM AHBPROT to let me install the wad.
Is there any other way to do this?

ahh. cant you download a patched IOS directly from NUS from in MMM? If not, i would recommend trying wiimod. It always seemed to work better for me anyways

http://www.mediafire.com/?jcxr43ek034g309
http://gbatemp.net/topic/272321-wii-mod/

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
"cant you download a patched IOS directly from NUS from in MMM?"

I am concerned with my broken SD card that trying to patch an IOS might brick it. I'm a noob at this stuff. AHBPROT seemed risk free.
A patched IOS won't brick your Wii. If you want to install wads from your computer, you could also try this:
http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/4008-SendWad-Install-your-wads-over-wifi

jhb50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"cant you download a patched IOS directly from NUS from in MMM?"

I am concerned with my broken SD card that trying to patch an IOS might brick it. I'm a noob at this stuff. AHBPROT seemed risk free.

jhb50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
" If you want to install wads from your computer, you could also try this:"

Tried it but nothing happened. Had homebrew menu open and dropped wad on your exe and entered IP.
On rerun had to enter IP again..nothing was saved. I'm using W7-64.

jhb50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally..got it to work with WIIMOD. Share name is not enclosed in quotes even if it contains blanks!
Thanks for all your help.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
" If you want to install wads from your computer, you could also try this:"

Tried it but nothing happened. Had homebrew menu open and dropped wad on your exe and entered IP.
On rerun had to enter IP again..nothing was saved. I'm using W7-64.
You have to restart your computer before the IP is saved. Make sure you are on the screen with all the apps listed when you send the wad. You can't be looking at an app description or the screen where you see the IP address.

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there an expectation that MMM will be updated to support the newer TR Wiimote (the ones that come in the newer Black Wii's) ? All the manuals on www.wiihacks.com support using MMM for a good amount of there Wad installs, but... that won't work if your using a newer TR Wiimote. Any ideas when MMM will support TR Wiimotes ?

I gave him ([email protected]) a donation to help with costs, so hopefully that will help...

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there an expectation that MMM will be updated to support the newer TR Wiimote (the ones that come in the newer Black Wii's) ? All the manuals on www.wiihacks.com support using MMM for a good amount of there Wad installs, but... that won't work if your using a newer TR Wiimote. Any ideas when MMM will support TR Wiimotes ?

I gave him ([email protected]) a donation to help with costs, so hopefully that will help...
You have wasted your money then. wiiwu left for quite some time and doesn't respond to emails. MMM won't ever be updated because there is no source. The best alternative is Wii Mod.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You have wasted your money then. wiiwu left for quite some time and doesn't respond to emails. MMM won't ever be updated because there is no source. The best alternative is Wii Mod.

i think wiimod is better too. Fuck closed source shit :D

hvckz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

i think wiimod is better too. Fuck closed source shit :D

yah i think MMM is abadoned

Reactions: 1 person

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Guys,

Not trying to do some cross boarder shopping, but the "Softmod ANY Wii" on Wiihacks.com still uses MMM . Why ? Or are they just behind the times.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Because MMM is still more stable than Wii Mod, and it works with all exploits.
Wii Mod did use a different ep than MMM, this changed in 3.2, they should work mostly with the same exploits now. And Joostin "more stable" you're going on the bad list for a bit. :)
Lol please forgive me great jskyboo. I am glad to know that 3.2 is working better with exploits, I haven't tried it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE