Hacking [MMM] Multi-Mod Manager (a collection of tools)

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I LOVE your program, it's so useful! But I have a question about cIOS handling:
Can the app install equivalents of the major cIOS (Hermes, Waninkoko) files? On my own Wii and my friends' Wiis, the official cIOS installers worked fine and were compatible with Configurable USB Loader. However, one of my friends updated their Wii to 4.3.1U, so I assumed that the cIOS files were gone. I then proceeded to use MMM's Remove Stub IOS feature, which worked fine, and then went into the IOS Manager to re-install the cIOS files, as I didn't have the installers. However, when I tried to boot up Configurable, it said it could not load IOS222, because of RET -1. I tried with a bunch of different cIOS versions, even 236, and it didn't boot. I made sure I selected the right bases and everything. Would this have something to do with the fact that I installed the cIOS files as v65535?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So what am I doing wrong / what must be done so I can get over my problem which is : Ticket (-2011) which pops up every time I try to install a WAD through the Wad Manager.

Edit : Nvm, I reloaded different IOS with the MMM, then tried WAD Manager .. it worked.. and then switched back to what I had. I assume doing this is completely safe ?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, its safe. It will either a. work, or b. fail to work.

You need to select an cIOS with the required base to install wads, although I thought the latest MMM had resolved even this requirement.

D2Meep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MMM keeps giving me errors when it tries to remove my stubed iso249 65280 im going to try dopemi but not sure if its going to work

vigneshkum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

Can anyone help me with this issue in MMM?

Error mounting device: SD. I tried using an SD Card that was both formatted to either FAT or FAT32 and none of them worked.

EDIT: Also, the SD card is non-SDHC with 2GB.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
Source code available?

Nope, but the source code for wii mod is
smile.gif
Which is VERY similar.

-Erik

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
If it's similar, it probably uses the same GPL code, which makes the file illegal when provided without source. Illegal files are not permitted on this board.

Try reading the whole thread
smile.gif
No reason to continue beating a dead horse... The end result was wiiwu stating he rewrote all the gpl'd code iirc...

-Erik

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good tool
smile.gif
however, it doesn't seem to like my mmmconfig.txt I'm booting from a FAT32 partition usb drive, and ye the config is on the root. any ideas?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
burritoboy9984 said:
WiiBricker said:
If it's similar, it probably uses the same GPL code, which makes the file illegal when provided without source. Illegal files are not permitted on this board.

smile.gif
No reason to continue beating a dead horse... The end result was wiiwu stating he rewrote all the gpl'd code iirc...

-Erik

I doubt that. He is using GPL code until proven otherwise. (I believe tueidj reverse engineered MMM and found traces of GPL code, though).

Edit: http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?21,61885,61885

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
I doubt that. He is using GPL code until proven otherwise. (I believe tueidj reverse engineered MMM and found traces of GPL code, though).

QUOTEIndeed, it even uses a lame encryption wrapper to try and stop people disassembling it (to hide the GPL violations, no doubt). When I brought it up with the author he claimed it was to prevent data corruption caused by loading from faulty SD cards, which I believe is a load of crap because I did in fact find strings from waninkoko's wad manager (GPL) when I unwrapped it. Who knows what else was in there.

EDIT: I thought as much myself but just couldn't be arsed any more.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
burritoboy9984 said:
WiiBricker said:

smile.gif

-Erik

I was being sarcastic... Sorry it didn't seem as such...

-Erik

northerngeezer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

In IOS manager it stated currently loaded: IOS236 V54321 but then I changed it to IOS249 V17. After exiting and going back to MMM CB2 it showed that IOS236 is current.

How do I make it so that IOS249 stays current as I'm having problems with some games not loading from USB loader gx.

Am I right in saying that the Operating System shown in the IOS Manager is the one that the Wii is running

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
northerngeezer said:
Am I right in saying that the Operating System shown in the IOS Manager is the one that the Wii is running
No. the IOS listed in MMM is what MMM is running on .... and you want MMM on 236.
i'm no longer familiar with GX loader....i'm pretty sure that when i used it long ago, it defaulted on 249...but, like wiiflow, it may now have flavors which run on 222, 223, 224, 249, and 250... so it really just depends on what GX build you have and what rev/bases you have in the slots your pointing the loader and the games to...

hope this helps.

arjaylight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a question if IOS manager supports hermes v5.1 and waninkokos rev21 yet.
the application is stuck when pointed to slot with newer cIOS

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no problems with any IOS yet.
I made an IOS of my own, offcourse MMM does not recognize it, but is does see the slot and version number.
rolleyes.gif

Question:
In the next version, will it be possible to install wad files from USB?
At this moment the wad manager can't load from USB, or am i missing something here?

I tried it with this in mmmconfig.txt:
StartupPath=\wad
AutoLoadIOS=236
FatDevice=usb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol