Mk11 updating game data. Tried it all, never gotten past it.

SOLVED

00diabolic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have had the "updating game data" issue since the first time I got MK11. Its never run even once for me.
1. On atmos 1.1.1 Horizon 13.0
2. I now have 1.0.26 which is the lastest and last version.
3. No internet, always in airplane and never been online.
- Are you using 90DNS with Internet? NO
- Incognito Activated? NO
4. I have 3x base installs for MK11. 1. XCI early base rip, a newer NSZ and a eshop NSP base. Tried all with different combinations. I also have update [1.0.2][v131072] & 1.0.26 v1703936. 1.0.2 is the update that is supposed to work without needing a linked account, with this update I got forced into going online for update and if I refuse it just never loads. With 1.0.26 I got "updating game data" endlessly.
What have a tried.
1. Linking accounts online with both tinfoil and linkalho. Both are the same.
2. Tried different combinations including using other updates. 1.0.23 and 1.0.25 -same results with linked accounts.
3. Deleting tickets from tinfoil, deleting all save data. Deleting the game entirely and starting from scratch over 20x times.
4. Im at a loss, yesturday I spent a whole day re-downloading everything including getting the e-shop NSP for the base for MK11 and the latest update 1.0.26 NSP.

Hope someone can offer a suggestion. I have wondered if the people that do get it to work go online even if they do use linkalho or another app to link an account, maybe its because ive never entered my wifi even once, could that be it?

zorokenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I have the same problem and tried everything you did and same results for me so I gave up hope for a solution

00diabolic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have the same problem and tried everything you did and same results for me so I gave up hope for a solution
I recently got 1.0 and 1.0.2 to boot which was at least something. I finally got to play the game a lil. But alas as soon as a install anything higher I am stuck at the updating game data screen. couple of things you may wanna try.

1. update sigpatches, I did this yesturday and it got 1.0 to boot.
2. boot from fusee directly instead of from hektate. I just tried this and im still stuck at updating game data.

Im really out of ideas again. I also tried deleting the linked accounts and readding them and deleting the game after getting stuck and then reinstalling it and re-linking. Im now trying different variations of that. sounds crazy but i like this game, so im willing to try. Also the final update came out so now there is no way they will fix it.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you tried visiting maintenance mode yet? Sometimes, when anything else fails and things seem hopeless, a simple visit and rebooting your console does wonders. You just gotta make sure that you boot correctly, mainly when using emuNAND that you boot into maintenance mode while booting emuNAND, since sysNAND and emuNAND are unaffected by each other in that matter.

Regarding how to, you need to press and hold VOL + AND VOL - while booting Atmosphere (and according NAND), means either before and after injecting the fusee payload or before and after launching AMS from hekates boot entry.
You then will arrive in the menu, in which you do nothing other than checking the version string to determine you booted the correct NAND (S = sys, E = emu,), then hold POWER until its completely off and reboot like you used to.

Nota bene is that if you happened to have airplane mode on and/or Wifi disabled, it will be turned on after visiting the maintenance mode, so keep that in mind if you wanna stay unbanned.

Additionally you can try cleaning "orphaned files" as DBI calls them with named program.

Reactions: 00diabolic

00diabolic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Have you tried visiting maintenance mode yet? Sometimes, when anything else fails and things seem hopeless, a simple visit and rebooting your console does wonders. You just gotta make sure that you boot correctly, mainly when using emuNAND that you boot into maintenance mode while booting emuNAND, since sysNAND and emuNAND are unaffected by each other in that matter.

Regarding how to, you need to press and hold VOL + AND VOL - while booting Atmosphere (and according NAND), means either before and after injecting the fusee payload or before and after launching AMS from hekates boot entry.
You then will arrive in the menu, in which you do nothing other than checking the version string to determine you booted the correct NAND (S = sys, E = emu,), then hold POWER until its completely off and reboot like you used to.

Nota bene is that if you happened to have airplane mode on and/or Wifi disabled, it will be turned on after visiting the maintenance mode, so keep that in mind if you wanna stay unbanned.

Additionally you can try cleaning "orphaned files" as DBI calls them with named program.
Wow I have never even heard of maintenance mode but just as you said i booted right into it. It did seem to trigger a few differences in the game now that I have rebooted (asking to connect to the internet by looking at my settings, usually it just says turn off airplane). Alas it seems to still be stuck, Ill try the orphaned files cleanup.

Update: tried orphan files cleanup and no change. Still stuck at the bloody updating game data screen..

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow I have never even heard of maintenance mode but just as you said i booted right into it. It did seem to trigger a few differences in the game now that I have rebooted (asking to connect to the internet by looking at my settings, usually it just says turn off airplane). Alas it seems to still be stuck, Ill try the orphaned files cleanup.

Update: tried orphan files cleanup and no change. Still stuck at the bloody updating game data screen..
Since it asks for connecting to internet, try linking accounts again with linkalho or Tinfoil (since Tinfoil doesn't selectively adds profiles, I wouldn't use it personally on sysNAND).
Ultimately I can try the game out myself, but since it's rather big and due to personal life, I'd need some time.

EDIT: While researching a source for the game *cough*, I stumbled upon the following explanation: first install base, then latest update, then all DLCs if you also backed up those. It also states only the second update was able to play without linked N accounts, so my hunch was right and aside from following "instructions" I just gave, you should also link an account before you attempt to start the game (really do everything beforehand).

Last edited by HalfScoper,

00diabolic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Since it asks for connecting to internet, try linking accounts again with linkalho or Tinfoil (since Tinfoil doesn't selectively adds profiles, I wouldn't use it personally on sysNAND).
Ultimately I can try the game out myself, but since it's rather big and due to personal life, I'd need some time.

EDIT: While researching a source for the game *cough*, I stumbled upon the following explanation: first install base, then latest update, then all DLCs if you also backed up those. It also states only the second update was able to play without linked N accounts, so my hunch was right and aside from following "instructions" I just gave, you should also link an account before you attempt to start the game (really do everything beforehand).
I think I've tried that deleted everything, saves, tickets etc. Setup linked accounts and then installed and I dont recall it being any different but Ill try again. As for the DLC, i have never bothered to install any of it maybe it will somehow help the linked account and trigger the game to work. Who knows..

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since the first time I got MK11
Lolol, my B--the b-game is like 6GB, but the update is like 20GB.
Make it easy:
use DBI

(man has links in the vid)

Basically, use DBI to completely delete every ticket of MK11 and re-install only the base game of MK11. Check to see if it works.

Also, nsc builder
can help you (9.- Check out information from a xci and nsp, including the Firmware needed to be able to execute it, the game info, the size of the nca content…)

justincase use NSC with DBI.

00diabolic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Lolol, my B--the b-game is like 6GB, but the update is like 20GB.
Make it easy:
use DBI

(man has links in the vid)

Basically, use DBI to completely delete every ticket of MK11 and re-install only the base game of MK11. Check to see if it works.

Also, nsc builder
can help you (9.- Check out information from a xci and nsp, including the Firmware needed to be able to execute it, the game info, the size of the nca content…)

justincase use NSC with DBI.

I do have DBI and use it a lot. So do you think deleting the tickets with DBI is more powerful then tinfoil? I have gotten the game through 1.0.2 to run. That is 6gb base plus the 20gb update. Its the latest updates that never work, last is 1.0.26 and all the DLC that wont work. Ill give you suggestion a try and see if deleting the tickets with DBI will make a difference.

SOLVED

00diabolic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Update.. I figured out how to get past the UPDATING GAME DATA.

Here is the solution.

First I started over and played the story mode on 1.0.2 as that version does not have this issue. I started and created a new save. Then I went onto install 1.0.26 and got stuck. Then I uninstalled and deleted the game and went back to 1.0.2 and it worked as usual. So then I installed Exosphere and DNS MITM plus setup 90DNS. I went into the game 1.0.26 with airplane as usual and got stuck. I quickly turned off airplane and then it advanced into the game. I think it has to do with the internet being active period. That's the issue.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DBI is more pow
It depends.

In your case, DBI was better, since you d i d n o t know what to delete.
Tinfoil works better if you accidentally DL day 0 & day X DLC, i.e., deleting the day X DLC (w/o corresponding update to allow day 0 DLC to run) and resetting required version.

Cool stuff you found out about staying offline.

eveyt11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had the "updating game data" issue since the first time I got MK11. Its never run even once for me.
1. On atmos 1.1.1 Horizon 13.0
2. I now have 1.0.26 which is the lastest and last version.
3. No internet, always in airplane and never been online.
- Are you using 90DNS with Internet? NO
- Incognito Activated? NO
4. I have 3x base installs for MK11. 1. XCI early base rip, a newer NSZ and a eshop NSP base. Tried all with different combinations. I also have update [1.0.2][v131072] & 1.0.26 v1703936. 1.0.2 is the update that is supposed to work without needing a linked account, with this update I got forced into going online for update and if I refuse it just never loads. With 1.0.26 I got "updating game data" endlessly.
What have a tried.
1. Linking accounts online with both tinfoil and linkalho. Both are the same.
2. Tried different combinations including using other updates. 1.0.23 and 1.0.25 -same results with linked accounts.
3. Deleting tickets from tinfoil, deleting all save data. Deleting the game entirely and starting from scratch over 20x times.
4. Im at a loss, yesturday I spent a whole day re-downloading everything including getting the e-shop NSP for the base for MK11 and the latest update 1.0.26 NSP.

Hope someone can offer a suggestion. I have wondered if the people that do get it to work go online even if they do use linkalho or another app to link an account, maybe its because ive never entered my wifi even once, could that be it?
Go to your last saved game data and load. Problem solved

Bodom247

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
umm you mean with JKSV?
I solved the issue just turning off airplane mode and conecting the console to internet. I have both firmware and game latest version. (I'm banned by the way, but still worked). In my case, it seems the game needs internet connection to download EULA contract.

Reactions: HalfScoper

sabrespectre

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know thats a Very old thread, but i find a solution.
The games requires internet conection, but not an active. So you can enter a fake dns (like an internal IP that points to nothing - 192.168.15.1 as example) or Just create a fake wi-fi (i make one with an old wi-fi router), without internet conection. And voila. Works like a charm

Reactions: Thorhax

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know thats a Very old thread, but i find a solution.
The games requires internet conection, but not an active. So you can enter a fake dns (like an internal IP that points to nothing - 192.168.15.1 as example) or Just create a fake wi-fi (i make one with an old wi-fi router), without internet conection. And voila. Works like a charm
OMG THANK YOU

Reactions: sabrespectre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)