Homebrew RELEASE MissionControl: Use controllers from other consoles natively via Bluetooth

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does this currently not support wii controllers on fw 12?

Sent from my Surface Duo using Tapatalk
They're "supported", it's just the pairing that's broken on 12.x.x because a command that changed requires an update. If you've paired them on a firmware prior to 12.0.0 they'll continue to work.

Hirommk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey! again me, i listened that mission control cause problems of connections with generic controls, that is true? i have a pro controller type smash OEM, i can lost the connection of my control?

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey! again me, i listened that mission control cause problems of connections with generic controls, that is true? i have a pro controller type smash OEM, i can lost the connection of my control?
There was an issue with connecting third party switch controllers in the very first release, but this hasn't been a problem for a long time. You shouldn't have any issues, but if you do, it's nothing that can't be fixed if you report them to me.

NoLaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some trouble, could anyone help?
FW 11.0.1 / AMS 18.1 / Mission Control 0.4.1

I added the files to the appropriate folder and then rebooted. I go to the controller pairing screen. I hold down the center green button on my Shield Controller 2015 until light flashes and it appears to be in pairing mode. I press buttons on the controller but nothing seems to work. Am I supposed to turn on Mission Control somehow? Is it a controller problem?

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm having some trouble, could anyone help?
FW 11.0.1 / AMS 18.1 / Mission Control 0.4.1

I added the files to the appropriate folder and then rebooted. I go to the controller pairing screen. I hold down the center green button on my Shield Controller 2015 until light flashes and it appears to be in pairing mode. I press buttons on the controller but nothing seems to work. Am I supposed to turn on Mission Control somehow? Is it a controller problem?
Only the 2017 shield controller will work. The older one uses wifi direct instead of Bluetooth.

fatmeegz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the same question as @CrashMidnick Im looking to connect my Wii U pro controller on 12.0.2 but it doesn't work? Do i have to downgrade to 11.0.1 and pair the Wii U Pro controller then update back to 12.0.2? Thanks in advance.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have the same question as @CrashMidnick Im looking to connect my Wii U pro controller on 12.0.2 but it doesn't work? Do i have to downgrade to 11.0.1 and pair the Wii U Pro controller then update back to 12.0.2? Thanks in advance.
Yes, for now that's the way to do it. I'm looking into a solution for 12.x.x. I think there are some new checks on the device properties that will need to be patched out to make them work again. Problem is none of the debugging tools have been updated for 12.x.x so it's hard to know what's actually causing the pairing to fail...

fatmeegz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply @ndeadly! I figured that's what i had to do. Wanted to hear it from the man himself! I appreciate all that you do for us... Keep up the great work mate!

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
SX OS support if you wish to remain relevant.
Lol, nice one.
remain relevant.
How's that 12.x.x support going for you?

In seriousness, if it were just a matter of "adding support", don't you think somebody else would have done it by now? The project is open source and anyone is free to modify it. Plenty of talented developers out there that have no problem supporting TX.

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Lol, nice one.

How's that 12.x.x support going for you?

In seriousness, if it were just a matter of "adding support", don't you think somebody else would have done it by now? The project is open source and anyone is free to modify it. Plenty of talented developers out there that have no problem supporting TX.
@ndeadly I have a question about building the alpha. I tried to build the Atmosphere-lib but always stuck with bit_cast not found in the std. Is this a problem with the compiler? Thanks.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@ndeadly I have a question about building the alpha. I tried to build the Atmosphere-lib but always stuck with bit_cast not found in the std. Is this a problem with the compiler? Thanks.
I can't remember exactly what the cause of that error is, but I've seen it myself before and yeah it's something compiler/environment related. Firstly, make sure your devkitPro is up to date (pacman -Syy && pacman -Syu) . You also want to be building from the develop branch (git checkout develop) as master is quite outdated at the moment and may even be broken for building. You'll need to rebuild and install libnx, and rebuild Atmosphere-libs after switching too, as the branch you're on is tied to specific commits for these libraries. Hopefully after doing all that you should be able to build successfully.

Reactions: r5xscn

NicholasHansen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, I can't pair any controller if I'm on 12.0.2? I'm new to the homebrew scene and I have a DS4 controller and I'm not having any success with this. Is there a chance I am doing something wrong? Anyway to check if the tool is correctly installed inside my switch? (hbmenu doesn't show anything new)

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, I can't pair any controller if I'm on 12.0.2? I'm new to the homebrew scene and I have a DS4 controller and I'm not having any success with this. Is there a chance I am doing something wrong? Anyway to check if the tool is correctly installed inside my switch? (hbmenu doesn't show anything new)
The only controllers I know of where pairing is still broken on latest firmware are all Wii and ipega controllers. DS4 definitely works, but some can be a little stubborn to connect and require you to keep trying a few times. Make sure you've read the instructions for pairing on the GitHub page so you know you're doing it correctly. Some people have also told me resetting the controller can help too.

The easiest way to check if the module is running is to connect your joycons via Bluetooth and see whether you can use the button combos minus + dpad_up/down for capture and home

Last edited by ndeadly,

jeremiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I connected the Atgames Legends Pinball using MissionControl to the Switch, using wireless control deck mode on the pinball.
On the Switch it appears as a Pro Controller, but no buttons works.
Connecting the Legends Pinball on an Android device works as a bluetooth controller and the buttons works.
Can it be fixed for the Switch ? It's to play Pinball FX3.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I connected the Atgames Legends Pinball using MissionControl to the Switch, using wireless control deck mode on the pinball.
On the Switch it appears as a Pro Controller, but no buttons works.
Connecting the Legends Pinball on an Android device works as a bluetooth controller and the buttons works.
Can it be fixed for the Switch ? It's to play Pinball FX3.
Yes, it just needs a handler created for it to map the controls. Open a controller request on my GitHub page

Reactions: jesus96

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I have to charge this, bye