Homebrew RELEASE MissionControl: Use controllers from other consoles natively via Bluetooth

Goginha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried mission control on firmware 11.0.0 with dualshock 4 and for some reason the dualshock left stick is the switch's right stick, and the dualshock right stick is nothing

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tried mission control on firmware 11.0.0 with dualshock 4 and for some reason the dualshock left stick is the switch's right stick, and the dualshock right stick is nothing
Redownload the 0.4.0 release from Github. This was a bug fixed shortly after it went live that I didn't feel warranted a new version.

Last edited by ndeadly,

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a Xbox One controll and I try to sync it but it won't show up.
I have laters Atomsphere and Mission Controll.
Did you follow the usage instructions from the readme? Have you rebooted your console since installing MissionControl?

If yes to both of the above, you may have one of the older Xbox One controllers that doesn't have Bluetooth. See here for info on how to differentiate the two types

intellettuanale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've just update it through homebrew appstore, but now atmosphere crashes on boot. It says:
"panic occurred while running atmosphere
Title id! 010000000000BD00". Has anyone got the same error?

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've just update it through homebrew appstore, but now atmosphere crashes on boot. It says:
"panic occurred while running atmosphere
Title id! 010000000000BD00". Has anyone got the same error?
If you've just updated to the latest version (0.4.0) then your Atmosphere version must be out of date. Make sure you're updated to the latest 0.16.0 prerelease. This is mentioned in the release notes, I don't know whether those are easily visible in the homebrew appstore?

Reactions: intellettuanale

PikachuPrincess23

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Did you follow the usage instructions from the readme? Have you rebooted your console since installing MissionControl?

If yes to both of the above, you may have one of the older Xbox One controllers that doesn't have Bluetooth. See here for info on how to differentiate the two types
My Xbox One controll have Bluetooth since i can use same controll on PC and yes I did follow usage instructions. And yes I did reboot Switch after installing Mission Control.

Last edited by PikachuPrincess23,

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi @ndeadly
Is mimicking joycons something you're considering?
There are some games which only work with joycons that can perfectly be played with any other controller.
Yeah I've done a bit of experimenting with that already. Currently there are two major problems with it that need to be solved.

The first is that I haven't found a good way to determine when the console considers the Joycons to be held in vertical vs horizontal grips. A correction factor is applied to rotate the controls by 90 degrees between the two, and we need to be able to apply the inverse since we typically don't want the orientation to change for most controllers (wiimote excepted).

The second issue is related to using multiple controllers. At the moment I can switch modes on the fly by faking a disconnection and reconnection event in order to re-identify as a new controller. This is working well with a single controller but will crash the console when a second is connected. I think something storing the connected controller state is getting confused but I haven't figured it out.
My Xbox One controll have Bluetooth since i can use same controll on PC and yes I did follow usage instructions. And yes I did reboot Switch after installing Mission Control.
Is it a regular Xbox One controller? The Elite doesn't work right now for some reason. Which controller firmware version? I've never heard of a any controller besides the Elite that wouldn't connect, so I can only assume either you're not doing the pairing process correctly, or MissionControl isn't actually running. If you're convinced otherwise please open an issue on GitHub.

Last edited by ndeadly,

PikachuPrincess23

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah I've done a bit of experimenting with that already. Currently there are two major problems with it that need to be solved.

The first is that I haven't found a good way to determine when the console considers the Joycons to be held in vertical vs horizontal grips. A correction factor is applied to rotate the controls by 90 degrees between the two, and we need to be able to apply the inverse since we typically don't want the orientation to change for most controllers (wiimote excepted).

The second issue is related to using multiple controllers. At the moment I can switch modes on the fly by faking a disconnection and reconnection event in order to re-identify as a new controller. This is working well with a single controller but will crash the console when a second is connected. I think something storing the connected controller state is getting confused but I haven't figured it out.

Is it a regular Xbox One controller? The Elite doesn't work right now for some reason. Which controller firmware version? I've never heard of a any controller besides the Elite that wouldn't connect, so I can only assume either you're not doing the pairing process correctly, or MissionControl isn't actually running. If you're convinced otherwise please open an issue on GitHub.
I'm have this Xbox One controll.

Attachments

• 16076041803448643507985428128133.jpg
    16076041803448643507985428128133.jpg
    967.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 16076042167461303325262124109376.jpg
    16076042167461303325262124109376.jpg
    878.1 KB · Views: 167

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hopefully you figure it out because that controller is beautiful!
Making some progress. I've been able to get BLE devices connected and sending data. The main issue is that there doesn't appear to be any code in the OS for handling input from standard HID devices over BLE. They only use BLE for the Pokeball Plus which doesn't use the standard HID profile. Need to come up with a good solution to dealing with this that's not too much of a hack and doesn't break anything else.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks!

Any chance of DualShock 3 support?
There's a nonzero chance of it being supported in the future, yes. However, since it uses a non-standard Bluetooth implementation, it's literally lowest on my list of priorities due to the difficulty/disproportionate amount of work that would be required to get it working. There's also the risk that after investing all the time and effort to make it work that it turns out it breaks support for regular Bluetooth controllers, rendering it impractical. I don't own the controller myself, so it's hard to justify the time investment currently.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Thanks!

Any chance of DualShock 3 support?

Been said multiple times. It's a planned feature if the process does not break anything.
I personally wanted DS3 support also but I've realized there are better and more modern controllers I can switch to. I'm currently using a Wii U controller for my portable mode. Patiently waiting for rumble support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1