Homebrew RELEASE MissionControl: Use controllers from other consoles natively via Bluetooth

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
any chance sys-con could be integrated into this? sys-con hasn't been updated in a while

https://github.com/cathery/sys-con
Not integrated, but I do plan to add my own USB support eventually that should allow rumble and motion features too (sys-con can't do this). I have done some work on it already but have hit a small roadblock for now. I will focus on it after I've completed BLE support. Development has been a bit slow lately with the Summer weather and me having had covid this past week. I hope to get back into it soon though.

Kurama008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not integrated, but I do plan to add my own USB support eventually that should allow rumble and motion features too (sys-con can't do this). I have done some work on it already but have hit a small roadblock for now. I will focus on it after I've completed BLE support. Development has been a bit slow lately with the Summer weather and me having had covid this past week. I hope to get back into it soon though.
Hope you feel better

Kurama008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hope you feel better

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It would be interesting if it were possible to use the Mayflash Dolphin Bar and use the Wiimote's pointer.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
how many pad does it support at same time?
It depends on the game the you're playing, but the hardware supports up to 8 connected simultaneously.

It would be interesting if it were possible to use the Mayflash Dolphin Bar and use the Wiimote's pointer.
Someone asked about this recently. I will take a look at it at some point when I have some free time to play around. Need to set my old sensor bar up with an external power source.

• Love
Reactions: hippy dave

timewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It depends on the game the you're playing, but the hardware supports up to 8 connected simultaneously.

Someone asked about this recently. I will take a look at it at some point when I have some free time to play around. Need to set my old sensor bar up with an external power source.
thanks, so it's possible to use 8 DS4 to play Mario Strikers, right ? :)

cool thanks :)

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello @ndeadly does this support 14.1.2 firmware and atmo 13.2.1 + hekate 5.7.2? my switch is at 13.2.1 firmware and missioncontrol works great so Im aheading update my switch all the way to latest Thank you

I have updated everything and missioncontrol v7.0 works fine with 14.1.2 with atmo 13.2.1 and hekate 5.7.2 thanks again! hope you feel better soon from covid.

Last edited by FanNintendo,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Buddy, hope you full recover soon, the best wishes from Colombia.

Reactions: FanNintendo

Jack_Bauer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Hi I have an issue with connecting a controller.
I am using a switch working on the latest firmware and atmosphere. I also have the latest release of mission control.
I used to be able to have my Wii u pro controller synced and play with it on many games.
This morning, it refused to connect. the blue lights blink but do not connect. I tried syncing it again and I got the message "Paired" displayed. Yet, it doesn't connect. I tried reinstalling the latest release of mission control but didn't help. I got doubts about the controller itself so I tried it on Wii u and worked flawlessly. Battery is charged.
Any help to make it work again would be much appreciated.
Thanks and keep up the good work!!

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi I have an issue with connecting a controller.
I am using a switch working on the latest firmware and atmosphere. I also have the latest release of mission control.
I used to be able to have my Wii u pro controller synced and play with it on many games.
This morning, it refused to connect. the blue lights blink but do not connect. I tried syncing it again and I got the message "Paired" displayed. Yet, it doesn't connect. I tried reinstalling the latest release of mission control but didn't help. I got doubts about the controller itself so I tried it on Wii u and worked flawlessly. Battery is charged.
Any help to make it work again would be much appreciated.
Thanks and keep up the good work!!
This is a regression in the latest version (0.7.0) for Wii U Pro controllers. It has been fixed on my local development branch, but I'm yet to make a new release containing the fix. The controller has been paired successfully, but the code for detecting the controller type is failing. On the current release you should find that it will work as usual if you switch it off after you see the pairing notification and then wake it up by hitting one of the face buttons and let it connect to the console.

Jack_Bauer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
This is a regression in the latest version (0.7.0) for Wii U Pro controllers. It has been fixed on my local development branch, but I'm yet to make a new release containing the fix. The controller has been paired successfully, but the code for detecting the controller type is failing. On the current release you should find that it will work as usual if you switch it off after you see the pairing notification and then wake it up by hitting one of the face buttons and let it connect to the console.
Thank you for the kind reply.

Could you be more specific about this: " you should find that it will work as usual if you switch it off after you see the pairing notification and then wake it up by hitting one of the face buttons and let it connect to the console."?
What should I switch off? the console or the controller? If the controller, how to turn it off? it doesn't event turn on. I always try to wake it up by pressing A. Is this what you mean by one of the face buttons?
If none of the above works, may I ask when will be the new update released?

Thanks a lot in advance for saving my kid's holidays!!

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you for the kind reply.

Could you be more specific about this: " you should find that it will work as usual if you switch it off after you see the pairing notification and then wake it up by hitting one of the face buttons and let it connect to the console."?
What should I switch off? the console or the controller? If the controller, how to turn it off? it doesn't event turn on. I always try to wake it up by pressing A. Is this what you mean by one of the face buttons?
If none of the above works, may I ask when will be the new update released?

Thanks a lot in advance for saving my kid's holidays!!
I'm referring to the controller. You can switch it off by holding the power button. The first time around after pairing the controller is connected, it just doesn't get its LED pattern set correctly so may appear to flash or even no LEDs at all. By face buttons I mean most of the buttons on the front of the controller (I don't think the ones on the back like L/R work). A is fine. Once paired this is how you should always connect the controller back up to the console and you won't notice the bug anymore.

No timeline for the next release, but I suppose I could make a bugfix release some time in the next week or so when I have time.

Last edited by ndeadly,

Jack_Bauer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
I'm referring to the controller. You can switch it off by holding the power button. The first time around after pairing the controller is connected, it just doesn't get its LED pattern set correctly so may appear to flash or even no LEDs at all. By face buttons I mean most of the buttons on the front of the controller (I don't think the ones on the back like L/R work). A is fine. Once paired this is how you should always connect the controller back up to the console and you won't notice the bug anymore.

No timeline for the next release, but I suppose I could make a bugfix release some time in the next week or so when I have time.
Thank you again for your reply and sorry to bother you one more time.

I have tried to do as advised, so went to controller, change grip, pushed the sync button, got the paired message, kept pushing the power button for around 7-10 seconds, waited for around a minute, pushed A: Nothing!! Just the blue led blinking and that's it.
Did I skip a step? Or have I misunderstood the process?

Thanks again in advance for your reply!

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you again for your reply and sorry to bother you one more time.

I have tried to do as advised, so went to controller, change grip, pushed the sync button, got the paired message, kept pushing the power button for around 7-10 seconds, waited for around a minute, pushed A: Nothing!! Just the blue led blinking and that's it.
Did I skip a step? Or have I misunderstood the process?

Thanks again in advance for your reply!
I just double checked with my controller. It should take about 2 seconds of holding the power button to switch the controller off. What I did notice is that holding power won't work if the controller is in sync mode (from pressing the red sync button). If you're getting the "Paired" notification, however, it should have left sync mode and be connected to the console. The LEDs just might not reflect this. But on reconnecting with A, the controller should connect as usual. At least that was my experience. I don't see why a system reboot wouldn't have the same effect if you couldn't get the controller to switch off for whatever reason.

Last edited by ndeadly,

Jack_Bauer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
I just double checked with my controller. It should take about 2 seconds of holding the power button to switch the controller off. What I did notice is that holding power won't work if the controller is in sync mode (from pressing the red sync button). If you're getting the "Paired" notification, however, it should have left sync mode and be connected to the console. The LEDs just might not reflect this. But on reconnecting with A, the controller should connect as usual. At least that was my experience. I don't see why a system reboot wouldn't have the same effect if you couldn't get the controller to switch off for whatever reason.
Hi again and thank you for your reply!

I tried to reboot the console 3 times, shutting off the controller then pushing A, etc... Not working.
I guess I will have to wait for your update which I hope will be soon. Thank you for your good work and for offering us the opportunity to enjoy using our controllers on the switch for the previous months!
Really looking forward to your updates on GitHub!

Regards,

Last edited by Jack_Bauer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1