Hacking Missing 1 step.

JE78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on system 4.2, I installed the Home Brew Channel, DVDX and BootMii Boot2, I did a backup of my NAND to my SD card successfully. My next step was to beable to play some backup games so I followed steps 1-5 for the Restoring the Trucha Bug (4.2) guide, then installed Waninkokos cIOS (249 and 250) I went back to step 6 in the Restoring the Trucha Bug but when I scroll over to IOS70 its not there. I was able to get NeoGamma to run in my HBC but wasn't able to load a backup game on DVD. I've only tried 1 game so far (Mario Bros Wii) and it was from DVD not a USB loader as I don't have a USB drive big enough yet. My main question is how do I complete step 6 for Restoring the Trucha Bug??

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you are already at 4.2, definitely you have ios70. it is stated in the guide to use dop-ios then locate the ios70 for it to be patched.

if your are ONLY softmodded then you cannot run NSMB wii off the disc channel. you HAVE to have a modchip to run it off the disc channel using neogamma FOR NOW. try using other backup disc that you have.

JE78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did what the guide said.
QUOTE said:
Run DOP-IOS. Go right till you see IOS70. Choose yes for every option and let it install. Reboot your wii.
but when I scroll right ios70 isn't an option. All the other steps worked fine so I'm not sure why ios70 is missing. Is there a way to get it back?

JE78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So all I need to do is run DOP-IOS Mod and select IOS70 to install, then go back to step 6 of the Trucha Bug?

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can also try PimpMyWii (1.3 not 1.31) to install IOS70 and patch it.
Step 6 is the installation of IOS70, so if you have success with DopIOS or PimpMyWii, that point is done.

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Take care while installing IOS70. If anything goes wrong your Wii is bricked.
But usually there should be no problems. So just select IOS70 to install and patch it (Trucha, Es_Identify...).
As mentioned above you can use DopIOS, DopIOSMod, PimpMyWii or just download IOS70 to your PC using NUSD. If you use the last one then you should patch the IOS using FreeTheBug and install it using a wad manager.
My personal favorite is PimpMyWii because it has an option to install all needed IOS (Option 1).

JE78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded IOS70 and patched it using FreeTheBug and installed it using WAD Manager, everything was successful. I then went back to step 6 in Restoring the Trucha Bug and IOS70 still wasn't showing up.

Now the biggest n00b question of all. The game i'm trying to load is Mario Bros Wii from a disc, I know it won't load from a disc according to all the posts i've read. Whats the best route to go for playing backup games? External Hard Drive, USB Flash Drive or SD Card? I have a 2gb SD card and a 2GB USB flash drive. Do I need to get more storage? Also is there a program that will compress the ISO's? Mario Wii is 4.5gb unpacked but packed it was 350mb. Is there a way to play the games packed?? Any information here would be very helpful, thanks.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
well, if you say you already installed it, then whats the problem?
No need to patch it again

I think USB loading is the best option for NSMB Wii
2GB is enough for that game

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
If you installed IOS70 freethebug wad then you don't need to trucha bug it.

Trucha bug restorer is only for IOS15 and 36.

After you have the trucha on 36 (which you do), You can use DOP IOS MOD to install other IOS' with Truchabug.

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Use your USB flash drive. Format it to wbfs and copy your game. I use USBLoader_cfg or Uloader to launch. If you save your game on a wbfs partition it shrinks it automatically. So your USB drive should be large enough to save your game.

JE78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Are there any games that are easy to run so I can test to see if my system is working properly?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
almost all games are easy to run
tongue.gif

some just need that 002fix thing, others the alt dol thing (which is a little harder)

they should run from DVD (and USB if you have an usb loader)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse