Mirror's Edge Running Straight To The iPhone

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by luke_c, Dec 2, 2009.

1. luke_c
    OP

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    Source.

2. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    I've just started playing Mirror's Edge on PS3 (it's so cheap if you buy it at a British online store) and it's really good! I'm not really interested in an iPhone version, but a sequel would be nice I guess.

3. Raika

Raika uguu

Sep 15, 2008
    uguu
    This fellow is crazy.

4. updowners

updowners lurklurklurk

Sep 26, 2008
    I would've thought that leaving the first person perspective would be nicer.

5. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I would hope for a DS port. EA isn't foreign to the DS at all and there's a fair share of DS/iPhone games out there. Well, I think. I was talking out of my ass there, I admit it.

I've never played Mirror's Edge but it looked like fun.

6. geoflcl

geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

Jan 18, 2009
    United States
    I don't know about a DS version, but I'm pretty mad that they'll give the iPhone a custom Mirror's Edge and not give the Wii one. Even though I think DICE was planning on a Wii version, but ditched the idea approximately five seconds later.

7. Canonbeat234

Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Sep 24, 2008
    The reason they ditch the idea because the gameplay will look awkward plus you have to consider the wii motion gimmick. To me Iphone is nothing but a PS2 with waterdown graphics.

8. fryguy

fryguy GBAtemp Regular

Jan 25, 2006
    I doubt the iphone version will be fun to play though looks a little limited.

@Maikel Steneker: It's a great game, but you'll might have to logout from PSN when playing or it might freeze (happened to me a couple of times).

9. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    graphics (if its the above) looks very good but playability will not be known generally for the iPhone unless games like these test it