OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
500x_mephone.jpg

Hey, it's not a sequel, but it's something; EA announced this morning that Mirror's Edge will be coming to an iPhone near you in January 2010.

In making the move to Apple's handheld, the game is now a side-scroller, though with 3D graphics and the full range of Faith's moves like slides, runs, wall-runs and jumps.

It'll be 14 levels long, and as of now, no word on price or a more exact release date.
500x_mephone2.jpg
Source.

Also,

QUOTE said:

Before editing the entry earlier today, the resume of Oscar Carlén - senior lighting artist at DICE - included the words "Mirror's Edge 2".

Of course, since being discovered it's gone, but previously, it had said that Carlén was currently involved on two projects: Battlefield 3, which we already knew about, and Mirror's Edge 2. Which we... also knew about.

Whether both projects are still going ahead after EA's recent blood-letting is anyone's guess, but I'm in no mood for guesses today. I'm in the mood for hope, and with Mirror's Edge my retrospective GOTY 2008, it's time to start hoping.
Source.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've just started playing Mirror's Edge on PS3 (it's so cheap if you buy it at a British online store) and it's really good! I'm not really interested in an iPhone version, but a sequel would be nice I guess.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would hope for a DS port. EA isn't foreign to the DS at all and there's a fair share of DS/iPhone games out there. Well, I think. I was talking out of my ass there, I admit it.

I've never played Mirror's Edge but it looked like fun.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about a DS version, but I'm pretty mad that they'll give the iPhone a custom Mirror's Edge and not give the Wii one. Even though I think DICE was planning on a Wii version, but ditched the idea approximately five seconds later.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
geoflcl said:
I don't know about a DS version, but I'm pretty mad that they'll give the iPhone a custom Mirror's Edge and not give the Wii one. Even though I think DICE was planning on a Wii version, but ditched the idea approximately five seconds later.

The reason they ditch the idea because the gameplay will look awkward plus you have to consider the wii motion gimmick. To me Iphone is nothing but a PS2 with waterdown graphics.

fryguy

Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt the iphone version will be fun to play though looks a little limited.

@Maikel Steneker: It's a great game, but you'll might have to logout from PSN when playing or it might freeze (happened to me a couple of times).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse