ROM Hack [Mini Tutorial] Replacing Textures in SuMo

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PK3ds has had some updates. I think it just makes dumping/repacking the 4 folder a lot more stable. There are also a few added features, but they don't matter too much unless you're using pk3ds to randomize/edit some of the garcs (which you wouldn't be doing if you're just replacing textures). Heres a link to the newest version: https://teamcity.projectpokemon.org...&buildTypeId=Pk3DS_BuildWindows&tab=artifacts. When you click on the link just log in as a guest and go to the artifacts tab. That will give the newest build. Also I know Ohana3ds has been updated a bunch but I can't find the github link for the one that supports Sun/Moon.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I believe this is the newest Ohana3d (might be wrong). I'm pretty sure this is newer than the one I linked in my video (I don't know about the one linked here) because I don't think I was using the newest version for that tutorial. https://github.com/smb123w64gb/Ohana3DS-Rebirth/releases

Reactions: Majickhat55

Jenkkrystal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PK3ds has had some updates. I think it just makes dumping/repacking the 4 folder a lot more stable. There are also a few added features, but they don't matter too much unless you're using pk3ds to randomize/edit some of the garcs (which you wouldn't be doing if you're just replacing textures). Heres a link to the newest version: https://teamcity.projectpokemon.org...&buildTypeId=Pk3DS_BuildWindows&tab=artifacts. When you click on the link just log in as a guest and go to the artifacts tab. That will give the newest build. Also I know Ohana3ds has been updated a bunch but I can't find the github link for the one that supports Sun/Moon.

I believe this is the newest Ohana3d (might be wrong). I'm pretty sure this is newer than the one I linked in my video (I don't know about the one linked here) because I don't think I was using the newest version for that tutorial. https://github.com/smb123w64gb/Ohana3DS-Rebirth/releases

I had already tried that version, and just don't work for me, I can't replace anything with that

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't update Ohana because there was no reason to. The only new commits were minmap texture fixes which, didn't add anything new or useful in relation to the tutorial back in Jan. The build posted here is from December and still does the job. As for the OW model replacement, it's always been possible. The models are just spliced and split between garcs unlike in Gen 6, where you could just rename the Garc. Now you have to splice the model you wish to use as the player and import each spliced model to the appropriate garc, while retaining the skeletal animations. It's just not that easy for the average user, not to mention time consuming.

Is there a list of edited textures somewhere?
Yeah here https://gbatemp.net/threads/xy-oras-sm-custom-3d-models-textures-sharing-thread.392711/page-2

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't update Ohana because there was no reason to. The only new commits were minmap texture fixes which, didn't add anything new or useful in relation to the tutorial back in Jan. The build posted here is from December and still does the job. As for the OW model replacement, it's always been possible. The models are just spliced and split between garcs unlike in Gen 6, where you could just rename the Garc. Now you have to splice the model you wish to use as the player and import each spliced model to the appropriate garc, while retaining the skeletal animations. It's just not that easy for the average user, not to mention time consuming.

Yeah here https://gbatemp.net/threads/xy-oras-sm-custom-3d-models-textures-sharing-thread.392711/page-2

Oh, I never tried because from what I was seeing, it would crash everytime someone tried to replace overword models (not necessarily the player) even though they changed the animations. Thanks though! :D

Is there a list of edited textures somewhere?
I have this link, which is all of the battle textures/models in 0/9/4, but I don't know about anything else(trainers, overworld textures, etc.) https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-sun-moon-pokemon-animations-textures-and-models.473906/

Edit: Just in case I wasn't clear, I don't even know the garc numbers for those files. The last time I've touched sun/moon textures was when I made my video tutorial 6 months ago.

Last edited by MegaKyurem,
Reactions: HamBone41801

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

XBzombieMan1337

Former Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What error are you getting?
This:

upload_2017-7-16_20-35-17.png

Last edited by XBzombieMan1337,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version of windows are you using? @Meliodas2255 provided a x64 version of PK3DS (which is attached to the OP as well). The other version is already for x86 OS. Perhaps maybe your garc itself is corrupted? Try dumping it again, or you can try to compile PK3DS yourself and see if that helps.

req0black

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying to create custom clothing, and i have done so almost perfectly. the only problem is that the overworld clothes dont change. it only shows the changes while in a battle or something. is there a different model i have to replace? if so, where is it located?

XBzombieMan1337

Former Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying to create custom clothing, and i have done so almost perfectly. the only problem is that the overworld clothes dont change. it only shows the changes while in a battle or something. is there a different model i have to replace? if so, where is it located?
I've been searching everwhere in the games files and have not found any of the overworld NPC models. All I can say is that I found some overworld models in a/0/9/8.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a pastebin that has been linked numerous times for the garcs in SuMo. If you can't find them on there, then you'll just have to explore. Also the overworld NPC models are in a/0/8/3 (as stated prior, not sure why you can't open the garc but that's 100% where they are stored along with their story animations), NPC face sprites a/1/5/4, NPC/In battle models a/1/7/0.

I've been searching everwhere in the games files and have not found any of the overworld NPC models. All I can say is that I found some overworld models in a/0/9/8.
Those are cutscene models.....

Yes, there are separate garcs for battle/OVW models. You need to edit them both. It's standard for all models that have both battle and OVW models i.e trainers.The boys clothes OVW models start at a/2/0/3 (boys bottoms)

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...