ROM Hack [Mini Tutorial] Replacing Textures in SuMo

ThePokeChamp2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hey may I ask where you find these colors like the color of your edited vaporeon texture? I like these colors instead of just a plain color. I like it to have some figures in it too.

ThePokeChamp2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hey I am back. This time I had another question. Its about aninations editing in SM/USUM. I tried to find some things on the internet but I couldn't find it, so this is why I am here now. XD Do you maybe know if it is possoble to edit the animations, like make custom animations? Like for example a jumping charmander or a sleeping ninetales, instead of just standing there. I hope I did a good job explaining my problem xD. Thnx in advance!

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I am back. This time I had another question. Its about aninations editing in SM/USUM. I tried to find some things on the internet but I couldn't find it, so this is why I am here now. XD Do you maybe know if it is possoble to edit the animations, like make custom animations? Like for example a jumping charmander or a sleeping ninetales, instead of just standing there. I hope I did a good job explaining my problem xD. Thnx in advance!
Well Pokemon have a lot of animations themselves. If you mean like the Tyranitar Tube Sun Randomizer with "fallen Litten" and stuff, yeah that's 100% possible.

If you mean exporting the model with rigging to Maya/3DSMax and creating new skeletal animations from scratch, then importing them to the game then no that's not possible at all.

ThePokeChamp2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Well Pokemon have a lot of animations themselves. If you mean like the Tyranitar Tube Sun Randomizer with "fallen Litten" and stuff, yeah that's 100% possible.

If you mean exporting the model with rigging to Maya/3DSMax and creating new skeletal animations from scratch, then importing them to the game then no that's not possible at all.

No I mean it like the Sun Extreme Randomizer like fallen litten etc. Can you maybe explain to me how I can do it?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I mean it like the Sun Extreme Randomizer like fallen litten etc. Can you maybe explain to me how I can do it?
Those are just animation swaps, not custom animations. You just have to extract the .bin file that the animations you want are in, then rename them to replace the idle animation you want, repack them into the .bin, replace the .bin then repack the entire garc. I did it with Litten as well but with a different animation, instead of just standing he constantly "paws" at the ground....

I don't know how well versed in these things you are so I don't know if that mini description is enough to help you. Perhaps I'll write a 2.0 version explaining about models, animations and battle background swaps/replacements.

Reactions: MegaKyurem

ThePokeChamp2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Those are just animation swaps, not custom animations. You just have to extract the .bin file that the animations you want are in, then rename them to replace the idle animation you want, repack them into the .bin, replace the .bin then repack the entire garc. I did it with Litten as well but with a different animation, instead of just standing he constantly "paws" at the ground....

I don't know how well versed in these things you are so I don't know if that mini description is enough to help you. Perhaps I'll write a 2.0 version explaining about models, animations and battle background swaps/replacements.

Yeah it would be better if you write a full exained step by step turorial thing about the animation swap. XD I just recently got into texture editing with your mini tutorial because it was well explained. Maybe something like that explanation with every detail would be great so I can understand it. :D

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it would be better if you write a full exained step by step turorial thing about the animation swap. XD I just recently got into texture editing with your mini tutorial because it was well explained. Maybe something like that explanation with every detail would be great so I can understand it. :D
Sure, I'll see if I can find the time to get it done sooner rather than later :D.

ThePokeChamp2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hopefully this weekend.

Hey! I see that you couldn't make the tutorial, but I had, again, another question (I am really sorry to disturb you everytime). I am still waiting for the animation swap tutorial so its no problem but I wanted to ask if it is possible to edit trainers (overworld and in-battle) textures. I already edited a male aether grunts overworld and battle textures but when I imported it in the game it was still a regular male aether grunt. When I extract the GARCs, I always get decompressed files and I think that that is the problem, but I cant seem to get compressed trainer (Overworld and battle) bin files, even when I press the ctrl button to skip decompressing. Do you maybe know a fix?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I see that you couldn't make the tutorial, but I had, again, another question (I am really sorry to disturb you everytime). I am still waiting for the animation swap tutorial so its no problem but I wanted to ask if it is possible to edit trainers (overworld and in-battle) textures. I already edited a male aether grunts overworld and battle textures but when I imported it in the game it was still a regular male aether grunt. When I extract the GARCs, I always get decompressed files and I think that that is the problem, but I cant seem to get compressed trainer (Overworld and battle) bin files, even when I press the ctrl button to skip decompressing. Do you maybe know a fix?
On the console itself you can't edit trainer/NPC/Pokemon overworld models, only in battle models and cutscene models. You're doing it right but there are more than one instance of those models for each "map" section and each one needs to be modded for the changes to show. I've successfully edited Lillie in cutscenes. The only way you can edit those overworld models is with Citra.

Also, yeah sorry I just haven't had any free time to get to it this weekend. It's basically the same as editing the overworld models though.. Example.

Say you want to swap Bulbasaur animations. Open the garc a/0/9/4 (I'm not going to go into detail about the file structure since it's been explained specifically in other threads) and find the first animation .bin corresponding to bulbasaur. If you "import" this file in Ohana/SPICA after loading a model/textures you can cycle through the animations to see which one's are which. Be aware there are more than one .bin file containing animations so make sure you find the animation you want. By default, the first animation in the first .bin (of animations) is the "idle" animation and it the first file. Take that .bin and drag it to PK3DS to "unpack" the files inside the .bin, then do the same for the other .bin with the animation inside you want to swap (if the animation you want as the "idle" is inside the same first set of animations you only need to unpack that one .bin). Now you rename the animation you want as the idle to the same name as the current idle animation and replace the file. Then repack the .bin using PK3DS, repack the garc and you're done.

ThePokeChamp2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
On the console itself you can't edit trainer/NPC/Pokemon overworld models, only in battle models and cutscene models. You're doing it right but there are more than one instance of those models for each "map" section and each one needs to be modded for the changes to show. I've successfully edited Lillie in cutscenes. The only way you can edit those overworld models is with Citra.

Also, yeah sorry I just haven't had any free time to get to it this weekend. It's basically the same as editing the overworld models though.. Example.

Say you want to swap Bulbasaur animations. Open the garc a/0/9/4 (I'm not going to go into detail about the file structure since it's been explained specifically in other threads) and find the first animation .bin corresponding to bulbasaur. If you "import" this file in Ohana/SPICA after loading a model/textures you can cycle through the animations to see which one's are which. Be aware there are more than one .bin file containing animations so make sure you find the animation you want. By default, the first animation in the first .bin (of animations) is the "idle" animation and it the first file. Take that .bin and drag it to PK3DS to "unpack" the files inside the .bin, then do the same for the other .bin with the animation inside you want to swap (if the animation you want as the "idle" is inside the same first set of animations you only need to unpack that one .bin). Now you rename the animation you want as the idle to the same name as the current idle animation and replace the file. Then repack the .bin using PK3DS, repack the garc and you're done.

Im which option do I unpack the animation .bin and is it possible if I want to change bulbasaurs animation to one of charmanders animations, that I just unpack the bulbasaurs animation and charmanders animation .bins and switch the animations and rename them again and then rebuild them again without the bulbasaur corrupting because it has a different animation than his own animations?

FIuveeX

out of service!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is there any way to change the regular battle animation to the running one (or any others)?
Yes. The running animation is the second last file for each Pokemon, and the battle animations are the fifth. If you copy them both to a location (separates make it easier) and swap their names, you can do that. As for each single animation, I think you just export all with Ohana Rebirth.

hyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. The running animation is the second last file for each Pokemon, and the battle animations are the fifth. If you copy them both to a location (separates make it easier) and swap their names, you can do that. As for each single animation, I think you just export all with Ohana Rebirth.

Yay thank you! I wanted to check the method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM