OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
So, now I'm thinking that maybe I didn't get the whole test map. Everything about the download I made was broken. I'm gonna try downloading it again and see if things work differently. I mean, it seems like all the basic functions were there, but for some reason, I was only being given a 144KB (fully functional) map.

My internet was being weird as hell last night though. I'll try again and see if the result is any different.
A 144KB map ? Yeah, that's definitely not right.
tongue.gif
Although it would be nice to have such a light map file...

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
smealum said:
Nathan Drake said:
So, now I'm thinking that maybe I didn't get the whole test map. Everything about the download I made was broken. I'm gonna try downloading it again and see if things work differently. I mean, it seems like all the basic functions were there, but for some reason, I was only being given a 144KB (fully functional) map.

My internet was being weird as hell last night though. I'll try again and see if the result is any different.
A 144KB map ? Yeah, that's definitely not right.
tongue.gif
Although it would be nice to have such a light map file...

To be fair, I was able to make stuff and explore downwards and upwards, side to side, front to back. There are some oddities though that may be fixed with the full file though (like my whole fort issue xD).

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
When the game is done, I had a class(=awsome to Irish countryside people
tongue.gif
) idea. A non-competitive championship for best named object.

For example, say one week it is 'bridge', and then people have 5 days to build an awsome bridge. Then over the weekend, people vote for the best bridge. The images would be uploaded somewhere that allows gbatemp members to vote. A bit (well..very) like the Colors! Gallery.

Anyone else like the idea?

Ray =D

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I really dont want to download Wood, because then my flashcart will not work anymore... I think xD I had to search TWO whole days for a kernel with which it is working
closedeyes.gif
And whats hbmenu? It is something like Moonshell? If yes, I could try it, but where can I download it?

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Skelerex said:
Here is my testmap.map
That's nice, but did you generate a stats file ? By pressing start after playing for a while like I said in the PM ?
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Ray =D @ Aug 5 2011, 01:08 AM) I really dont want to download Wood, because then my flashcart will not work anymore... I think xD I had to search TWO whole days for a kernel with which it is working
closedeyes.gif
And whats hbmenu? It is something like Moonshell? If yes, I could try it, but where can I download it?
You can get hbmenu here : http://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/....0.zip/download
smile.gif

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
smealum! I just got a guru meditation error! Any numbers you need, its still on my screen.
I have been filling the underground with lights. I went to remove a light and bang. Red screen.

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
lucasade said:
smealum! I just got a guru meditation error! Any numbers you need, its still on my screen.
I have been filling the underground with lights. I went to remove a light and bang. Red screen.
Well ideally take a picture, otherwise write down the two "pc" addresses and the "lr" address.

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
smealum said:
lucasade said:
Well ideally take a picture, otherwise write down the two "pc" addresses and the "lr" address.
Pc: 0201F34C
Pc : 0201F354
Lr: 02138158
Addr: 21212020

Ill try and get a picture too, but my phone camera is rubbish so i might not be able to.

Shufflemac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lucasade said:
smealum said:
lucasade said:

Ill try and get a picture too, but my phone camera is rubbish so i might not be able to.

Press B to screenshot, the image will be on the root of your SD card.

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
Skelerex said:
lucasade said:
smealum said:
lucasade said:

That only takes picture of top screen. Tried already

Shufflemac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lucasade said:
Skelerex said:
lucasade said:
smealum said:
lucasade said:

That only takes picture of top screen. Tried already

Oh right, sorry. Forgot it's on the bottom screen.

Furiizaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can be a tester.
I'll use my R4 KING LL flashcart -- basically a DSTT copy --, I think nobody uses it right? ^^
It haves RetroGameFan firmware ~

edit; typo ._.

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Furiizaa said:
I can be a tester.
I'll use my R4 KING LL flashcart -- basically a DSTT copy --, I think nobody uses it right? ^^
It haves RetroGameFan firmware ~

edit; typo ._.
I'm sorry, I don't need anymore testers, hope you understand.
smile.gif

Anyway, started working on that menu tonight, here's how it looks so far :

menu3.png

That's with full day/night cycle, clouds, stars etc. And you can't really see it on this screenshot, but while the top screen is in daytime, the bottom screen is in night time etc.
smile.gif

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I've only had about a half hour total with the demo, before and after work today.

Did manage to find the goofy collision/super jump glitch that's been mentioned, and once managed to crash everything when I tried to place a torch next to an open space at the end of the map in a cave I was in.. But I didn't have time to get any pictures of the error codes.

I've reset my stats and map files, to get a fresh start tomorrow when I get a chance to play. Plan on building for hours, and wandering about screwing around.

I shall report back, and send you my stats ASAP.

[edit] Also, why can we rotate the camera all the way around? I got all sorts of confused when the ground was up, and the sky was down on screen.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica