OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
IDaNL said:
I got the new version. i am so happy that i can get out of the water easy now.
but how can i exit a world with control scheme 1? START seems to refresh the map
Oh crap ! forgot to remove some debug functions ! recompiling and reuploading the new version as we speak.
tongue.gif

Edit : and... done. People who'd updated should probably re-download, as the previous update didn't allow for screenshots or return to menu. Everything should be back to normal though. Thanks for the heads up IDaNL !
smile.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Albert X said:
btw i made a full on totally flat map from the totally flat map canonfoddr made! (for some reason canon foddr's version wasnt totally flat) cheers!
biggrin.gif

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=25992Ermm - which map are you talking about ?
- the first one that has trees around the edge (v1.00)
25980-SCR_00004.jpg.mini.jpg

or the one that has a 168x168 totally flat map [included in v1.01] ??
25980-SCR_00007.jpg.mini.jpg

EDIT: Oh - just rechecked my 168x168 map using the latest DSCraft - I missed out quite a bit of the map & that still contains trees etc.....
I guess the older version of DSCraft 'cropped' my map (must've been that 'divided by 2' business mentioned earlier(I was using the nitro version on a DSTwo)... sorry about that
Thanks for completing the map & uploading it to filetrip

QUOTE(Patrick1704 @ Aug 22 2011, 04:38 PM) btw. why is the verson Nr. so long?
look at it & you can work it out

Here's a clue
  • The first release [v200811] was on the 20th of Aug (the 8th month) 2011....
    The second release [v220811] was on the 22nd Aug 2011
Can you work it out now ??

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for taking the time to add Sudokuhax support for the handful of us with access to it. I tried the "big" map for the first time, and it loaded in about 5 seconds
ohmy.gif
. Snapshots and saving are working fine too, along with map streaming while traveling along the edge.

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Patrick1704 said:
he, smealum, i've got a idea:
Can you buld in a cheat funktion?
Well I'm not sure how useful a "cheat function" would be... you already have unlimited access to all resources, what more do you want ?
tongue.gif
Noclip is a bad idea as the collision code doesn't like having the player inside a block, and I can't make the player go any faster withtout "breaking" the streaming (well, it would still work, but you'd actually see blocks stream in if you went too fast, and that wouldn't exactly be sexy)

Net_Bastard said:
But seriously dude. Remove the autosave.
Unfortunately, I can't really do that. You see, the DS only has 4MB of ram, and as you may have noticed, map files are significantly bigger than that. The only way the game can work with such big maps is by streaming them in and out; since I can't stream them out in real time (writing is way too slow, I've tried it), I have to let the player decide when to do it, and if he doesn't do it himself and stray too far away from the modifications he made to the map, the game has to autosave or the changes will be lost. The game doesn't autosave if you don't make any modifications, so if you don't want to be disrupted by exploring, you could always save manually after each little modification you do.
And if the saving is really slow (I know it was excruciatingly long sometimes on my G6 DS real, but now it's very snappy on my R4), then it's probably that your cart has poor writing speeds. :/

dicamarques said:
Yeah, I'll try to fix those. If you have time, please add those things to the bug list on the wiki page ( http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DScraft ).
smile.gif

QUOTE(Sir_Voe @ Aug 22 2011, 07:50 PM)
Thanks for taking the time to add Sudokuhax support for the handful of us with access to it. I tried the "big" map for the first time, and it loaded in about 5 seconds
ohmy.gif
. Snapshots and saving are working fine too, along with map streaming while traveling along the edge.

Good to know !
smile.gif
Maybe you could try generating a really big map, like 2048x2048 and see if it works in DSi mode ? DS mode definitely doesn't have enough ram, but DSi should have more than enough.
(that is if you have enough space on you SD card; a 2048x2048 world would be 512MB... and if you have a really big card, 4096x4096 worlds should also work, but they'd take up 2GB so it's not worth it for actual gameplay IMO
tongue.gif
)

corr0126

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just generated a map that's 1gb in size lets see if it works

edit: the game auto saves every step you take so don't do it however the 1024 map size is the best for those who want to build cities

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@ Albert X: Just checked out your 'flatter.map' - guess what..... you also missed a bit
laugh.gif

Here's another update & I'm pretty sure this one is ~95% 'FLAT' (although there MAY be a hole or 2 somewhere I might've missed)

I made a small 1 block wall around the edge of the map (actually it's 1-block 'in') that's 166x166 in size (the actual map is 168x168) so that I know I've reached the real edge.
25995-SCR_00001.jpg
One 'bug' I've found though - I am unable to add or delete any blocks that are on the actual edge of the map - comes up with 'GURU faults', hence the reason the steel wall is one block in

@Mbmax:Nice video - have you a Youtube account by any chance ??
Might be better to stick it up there & let the world see it....
If you don't (& you don't want to sign up for one) - I have & I can put it up on it for you (Giving you full credit natch!!) if you like... PM me if you want it on Youtube

Patrick1704

Trophies
Website
dsprojekts.tk
XP
Country
Australia
smealum said:
Patrick1704 said:
he, smealum, i've got a idea:
Can you buld in a cheat funktion?
Well I'm not sure how useful a "cheat function" would be... you already have unlimited access to all resources, what more do you want ?
tongue.gif
Noclip is a bad idea as the collision code doesn't like having the player inside a block, and I can't make the player go any faster withtout "breaking" the streaming (well, it would still work, but you'd actually see blocks stream in if you went too fast, and that would exactly be sexy)

for the future when there no more unlimited resources.
Example:
Slot 1: 64 (or 100) stone block cheat

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
If you don't (& you don't want to sign up for one) - I have & I can put it up on it for you (Giving you full credit natch!!) if you like... PM me if you want it on Youtube
You can upload it to your youtube account, there is no problem.
wink.gif

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2048x2048 maps seem to be working fine in DSi mode
yay.gif
. I don't have the space at the moment to try 4096x4096 though.

EDIT: Flying from one end to the other takes 8 minutes
blink.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Mbmax said:
CannonFoddr said:
You can upload it to your youtube account, there is no problem.
wink.gif
Thanks - I get onto it straight away....

... and here it is
[youtube]wK4my8E8O3o[/youtube]

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Schnida said:
Just switched back from the second to the first version. With the second, I had many Guru Meditation errors :/
were you actually doing something when it happened (e.g. deleting a block on the edge of a map) or did it happen at random

Also which version (fat/nitro) did you use

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto