Homebrew Minecraft DS (in 3D !)

Bmcs

Trophies
XP
Country
lucasade said:
Bmcs said:
Yeah, i agree, but maybe if we "run away" just a little bit of that "minecraft energy" we can came up we a nice logo combining Minecraft and "DS Power"
biggrin.gif
Maybe something like the in-game sunrise as the background with 'DSCraft' wrote in the sky? That would display 'DSPower' for sure
biggrin.gif

Like this?
biggrin.gif

Don't mind about the blurry text, i had to work with the images that Smealum uploaded...

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
Bmcs said:
lucasade said:
Bmcs said:
Yeah, i agree, but maybe if we "run away" just a little bit of that "minecraft energy" we can came up we a nice logo combining Minecraft and "DS Power"
biggrin.gif
Maybe something like the in-game sunrise as the background with 'DSCraft' wrote in the sky? That would display 'DSPower' for sure
biggrin.gif

Like this?
biggrin.gif

Don't mind about the blurry text, i had to work with the images that Smealum uploaded...
Perfect!
biggrin.gif

That looks really good. Its cool how you made the 'DSCraft' at the same (well...almost) angle as the clouds. Has Smealum seen this?

FnFa8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please, can some one tell me where to get the latest test file?
I've read about the mcDS_test_280711 but I can't find it.
Thx.

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
FnFa8 said:
Thx.
You can get it Here. That is Smealum's website, he seems to upload all his latest versions there.

EDIT: Its gone!!! All the games are gone! PM me your E-Mail address and I will send you it.

EDIT2: If anyone wants it, PM me. I take no credit in the making of this game!!! It is made by Smealum.

jeremyw86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following since the first few posts, I simply cannot wait to see your continued work on this project smealum. Great work!
biggrin.gif

jeremyw86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lucasade said:
FnFa8 said:
Thx.
You can get it Here. That is Smealum's website, he seems to upload all his latest versions there.

EDIT: Its gone!!! All the games are gone! PM me your E-Mail address and I will send you it.

EDIT2: If anyone wants it, PM me. I take no credit in the making of this game!!! It is made by Smealum.

Thanks again for the send!
smile.gif

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
jeremyw86 said:
lucasade said:
FnFa8 said:
Thx.

smile.gif
No problem. I guess you people viewing this without a login are...in Irish slang terms...sickened!
dry.gif

Hopefully Smealum will put it back on his website at http://smealum.net/mcds

EDIT: Smealum, could you please upload the 280711 version to filetrip? If you can't..can I for you? I take NO credit for your work! I am not that type of person.

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
DEElekgolo said:
QUOTE said:
DEElekgolo said:
Why not use vertex colors for the sunset?
Well I didn't feel it was necessary really. I'm not even sure how you would use vertex color; do you mean using it to make a gradient ? If so then yeah that could work, but it would require more polygons and I'm not sure the result would be better or at least satisfying.
smile.gif
My way retains the freedom of being able to change colors and make a nice gradient anyway; I still have to adjust the values.

2011-07-29_0652.png

You can change the colors of the vertices procedurally as well.

That's actually a pretty good idea.
smile.gif
The reason I didn't use vertex color in the first place was because I didn't think the result would be any better, but yeah, with this kind of geometry it could all look pretty good; I'll have to look into it.

lucasade said:
Bmcs said:
lucasade said:
QUOTE said:
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Like this?
biggrin.gif

Perfect!
biggrin.gif

That looks really good. Its cool how you made the 'DSCraft' at the same (well...almost) angle as the clouds. Has Smealum seen this?
That does look pretty cool, I'll keep that idea in mind for when I make the menu.
smile.gif

QUOTE(jeremyw86 @ Jul 29 2011, 11:41 PM)
QUOTE(lucasade @ Jul 29 2011, 04:46 PM)
QUOTE(FnFa8 @ Jul 29 2011, 10:42 PM)
Thx.

smile.gif
No problem. I guess you people viewing this without a login are...in Irish slang terms...sickened!
dry.gif

Hopefully Smealum will put it back on his website at http://smealum.net/mcds

EDIT: Smealum, could you please upload the 280711 version to filetrip? If you can't..can I for you? I take NO credit for your work! I am not that type of person.
The reason I removed it was that it wasn't not meant to be public. I only uploaded it there because I wanted a few people on IRC to try it out for me, but this is definitely not a ready for release version; it's not all that playable (there are slowdowns) and there's some very experimental code in there, so pressing the wrong buttons could (possibly) cause your card to be corrupted (which means you could lose data and have to reformat it. You have been warned.
Now that you've downloaded it though I can't really tell you what to do; but for obvious reasons I think it'd be better if it didn't spread too much (or at least have some sort of warning or something...)

BreafingBread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Bmcs said:
lucasade said:
Bmcs said:
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Like this?
biggrin.gif

It's good, but do like this:

Put the buttons on the lower screen and make the background of the lower screen as a cave.

Bmcs

Trophies
XP
Country
lucasade said:
Perfect!
biggrin.gif

Yeah, i tried to make it at the same angle, but the text was awful, i can make it thought, at least for the comparison...

But hey, all credits to you
biggrin.gif

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
smealum said:
The reason I removed it was that it wasn't not meant to be public. I only uploaded it there because I wanted a few people on IRC to try it out for me, but this is definitely not a ready for release version; it's not all that playable (there are slowdowns) and there's some very experimental code in there, so pressing the wrong buttons could (possibly) cause your card to be corrupted (which means you could lose data and have to reformat it. You have been warned.
Now that you've downloaded it though I can't really tell you what to do; but for obvious reasons I think it'd be better if it didn't spread too much (or at least have some sort of warning or something...)
Don't worry. Anyone who has asked me, I have asked them NOT to upload or share this with anyone else. I am going to password protect the archive aswell.
I will tell them about the possible corruption too. But can you not upload it to filetrip? Even if you put the warning on the page, I think people just want to play the latest version of the game, working or not
biggrin.gif

Bmcs said:
QUOTE(lucasade @ Jul 29 2011, 10:41 PM) Perfect!
biggrin.gif

Yeah, i tried to make it at the same angle, but the text was awful, i can make it thought, at least for the comparison...

But hey, all credits to you
biggrin.gif
Nah, it was definately your work. I just said it, you made it
smile.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I never played Minecraft, and with your homebrew I will have the chance to test and understand why this game style is so hyped. For me it's just a time consuming lego game with no real purpose
tongue.gif

But it seems so addicting...

Will you create a screenshot feature (for real hardware instead of emulator) to post pictures of the level without providing the binary for other users to replace with their own level?
Or a multi-level listing screen to load and work on different maps (maybe it's already working this way).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
I never played Minecraft, and with your homebrew I will have the chance to test and understand why this game style is so hyped. For me it's just a time consuming lego game with no real purpose
tongue.gif

But it seems so addicting...
You're probably thinking of "classic", the modern version of minecraft is "survivla" where you make gear and fight monsters and all that jazz.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
in survival, you need to kill all enemies to advance to the next auto-generated level, or it's just foes which bother you while you still build your own single level?
I think it's the later, so in my point of view it's still not a purpose, just a hard mode. But it's more challenging.

I think the main purpose is showing your creativity and building experience and perseverance to other users.
So maybe providing the map file is a better idea than screenshot only, so other users can explore it freely (or with the online feature, Host/join mode would be great to invite other users to explore the map on your console).

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow! your making great progress snealum! i just wish you'd update the first post so it would be easier to keep track of!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
in survival, you need to kill all enemies to advance to the next auto-generated level, or it's just foes which bother you while you still build your own single level?
It's the second one, but do note that unlike "classic" you need to harvest and craft things yourself. You need to go cut down trees and use the wood and materials you mine to make tools and such you need, you don't have an infinite supply of blocks to place wherever you fancy, and the blocks you use to build things affect other things and all that jazz. It's quite a bit more in-depth than the demo/classic shows, and I really wish they'd stop pushing classic as the "demo", as it really doesn't show crap compared to the actual game anymore, 'ya know?

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I never was really interested in minecraft, gave it 2 chances actually
tongue.gif

Anyway this is looking like quite a project and i wish you good luck and if the name isn't official yet, how does CrafteDS sound?

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
Will you create a screenshot feature (for real hardware instead of emulator) to post pictures of the level without providing the binary for other users to replace with their own level?
Or a multi-level listing screen to load and work on different maps (maybe it's already working this way).
Pressing B in-game will take a screenshot.
smile.gif
It makes a .bmp on the root of your flashcart

Cyan said:
I think it's the later, so in my point of view it's still not a purpose, just a hard mode. But it's more challenging.

I think the main purpose is showing your creativity and building experience and perseverance to other users.
So maybe providing the map file is a better idea than screenshot only, so other users can explore it freely (or with the online feature, Host/join mode would be great to invite other users to explore the map on your console).

This is not going to include a survival mode. It will be based on minecraft classic. That is what Smealum said earlier.
Also, if you download the latest version of this game, the .map file is included. People can already explore the level.
We have only thought about online play. Please, let Smealum get the base game finished
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Bmcs @ Jul 30 2011, 12:00 PM)
So, i made some new logo possibilities....

They all look great
biggrin.gif

It would be cool if Smealum made, say, 2 of those - A day and a night one - cycle as the background. Then it would be less boring as it gets older.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    She said see ya later boy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    something something boomer and r/im14andthisisdeep "ThAt'S tHe UnFoRtUnAtE sTaTe Of OuR mOdErN sOcIeTy"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    except they'd criticize you for having a phone in the first place lmao
    In my day we used smoke signals and liked it!!!
    5G gives you covid!! Kills bees and lets the devil control your sperm!!! *Walks away frothing at the mouth*
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 5G gives you covid!! Kills bees and lets the devil control your sperm!!! *Walks away frothing at...