ROM Hack Minecraft 3DS Modding

BigClarky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have we even figured out a way to make texture packs yet?
If so, how would one go about changing the color of birch leaves?

Asura985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, stupid question here, but do you think it would be possible to hack shields into Minecraft 3ds?
I mean, even if it is possible it would probably take a CRAP ton of work... Sorry if I'm being a nuisance, I've just been wondering this myself for a while...
I hope someone mods new items and worlds into the game. It'd make it a lot more fun.

owen404

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some one need to make mods that adds at least the aquatic features

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have always wanted to start fan updates for the 3DS. I am not that good of a programmer, but it could be fun to get a small team together and make fake 3DS updates for the game. Might even influence Mojang to start updating it again. I'm hoping to fix some of the bugs, and somehow implement the aquatic update in there, and have the world generation be the same as the current versions of bedrock. All I could probably do is make the textures for the new content. I can even make a new thread just for development of the fan updates.
Yeah mojang could start updating it again if we post mod reviews they could see it and think we need to make official versions of these

Reactions: NoahHomebrewer

Spizer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wonder if it would be possible to make a texture hack that swaps out all the old textures with the newer textures?
I am currently trying to do this, but i'm changing the plastic texture pack with the newer textures. The problem is that is does not work, and I don't understand why, because even the image when you choose your texture pack is changed.
If anyone know why some textures aren't replaced, can you reply to this message ?

Have we even figured out a way to make texture packs yet?
If so, how would one go about changing the color of birch leaves?
Yes, you need to change the textures of the blocks, the items and the mobs/shaders/musics ( if they are changed with the texture pack ) in the romfs folder, but I still doesn't understand why it doesn't work for me.

Edit : Also, if I make my texture pack working on the game, I will publish it here ( it will probably be the biggest project of this thread though. )...
Edit 2 : I just created an account on gbatemp for this thread, so it will maybe a throwaway account.

Last edited by Spizer,

PokeNev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently trying to do this, but i'm changing the plastic texture pack with the newer textures. The problem is that is does not work, and I don't understand why, because even the image when you choose your texture pack is changed.
If anyone know why some textures aren't replaced, can you reply to this message ?

Yes, you need to change the textures of the blocks, the items and the mobs/shaders/musics ( if they are changed with the texture pack ) in the romfs folder, but I still doesn't understand why it doesn't work for me.

Edit : Also, if I make my texture pack working on the game, I will publish it here ( it will probably be the biggest project of this thread though. )...
Edit 2 : I just created an account on gbatemp for this thread, so it will maybe a throwaway account.
It doesn’t work, I’ve already tried this

Spizer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It doesn’t work, I’ve already tried this
Well, what did you tried ?
Maybe if you tell me what you did, we can make it work.
I didn't tried lots of things for now, I just changed the plastic textures with my textures, and if I did changed the icon of the texture pack, then it is possible to change the textures.

Last edited by Spizer,

Spizer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys look what I was able to do my on test world ^^
For the people who wants to do a custom texture pack for your game ( or just modding other things ), don't modify the original game romfs, but change the romfs file on the update.
I am trying to understand how it works, since I can change the armor textures, but not a block texture though.

Attachments

• 2020-08-18_19-37-46.695_top.bmp
    281.3 KB · Views: 260

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright everyone, I managed to figure out how to use custom textures in the game now. Currently I am doing some intense testing to make sure I have all my bases covered on the process, that way when I tell everyone the full process of this, it's 100% accurate. So far I am working with the base version of the game, however the process will likely be the same for updates, only differences being the locations of things likely (I will get to that later). Here is a screenshot of the textures I tested with in action (used 1.16.X textures for Netherrack and Moss Stone). Stay tuned for more updates.

MC3-DS-Texture-Edit-Test.png

Deleted member 470607

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, i've been trying to extract the Nether panorama pictures (on the bottom screen of the title screen), but i keep getting an error in Ohana3DS that doesn't show up for any of the normal textures.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1