Minecraft 1.2 is Out!

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was building a Survival MP world with 1.1, do I have to trash my old world and build a new one to get all the new features? :unsure:

Nope, no jungle biomes or anything world-related for you (unless, possibly, if you go an explore an area that has yet to be rendered - by anyone), this may also mean no iron golems depending on how they spawn - also, if mountains / terrain can be generated above 128 blocks you will have none of that (except possibly unrendered areas as before).

As far as I saw flying around a world, the world generation doesn't ever surpass the old height limit to begin with.

Aww... that's a shame, I was looking forward to climbing a Mt. Everest or something. :(

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was building a Survival MP world with 1.1, do I have to trash my old world and build a new one to get all the new features? :unsure:

Nope, no jungle biomes or anything world-related for you (unless, possibly, if you go an explore an area that has yet to be rendered - by anyone), this may also mean no iron golems depending on how they spawn - also, if mountains / terrain can be generated above 128 blocks you will have none of that (except possibly unrendered areas as before).
Crap. I hate doing everything from scratch :(

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

You could try using MCedit, but it might be a bit fiddly depending on how big your mines/world is and what you want to keep:

Select the towns, mines etc. that you want to keep (i'm not sure if you can select multiple things at once :unsure:)
Delete everything apart from what you've selected.
Load up the game and it will fill in the bits you deleted with new 1.22 terrain. (Though the towns may look a bit out out of place :P)

I'm not sure if you can do this with MCEdit as I haven't used it for ages but it'd be pretty cool if you could.

Reactions: 1 person

titen96

Trophies
Website
www.saves.wikidot.com
XP
Country
United States

Maybe in the next few snapshots the biomes will take advantage of the limit, have you tried using the 1.7.3 generator on the new height also? The trees aren't cut off like they used to

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada

The Anvil map format allows biomes to be changed, you can fire up WorldEdit (when it's updated), possibly do a biome change, and /forestgen a few trees in.

TADA!

D

Deleted User

Can't wait for my computer to go all anal and slow the game to a crawl again

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no more server MP... The cracked one forces you to update to 1.2 so I have to wait until bukkit makes another server.

Well, might as well enjoy the new height and abusing more cows XD

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'tis a tough time for us server owners. 'tis a tough time indeed.

Especially when a quarter of your damn player base is your little brother's friends ranging anywhere from 5 to 13.

"NICK U NEED UPDAT SRV PLX KTHX."
"Go buy your own server then update it and keep everything compatible and get back to me. I'll hire you."

I'm staing on CraftBukkit RB4 right now (because I never felt like upgrading to RB5 or 6 yesterday). My users can play with SpoutCraft if they want to play.

SilentRevolt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont know if its a bug or an AP, but when i am in Jungle Biome, theres a lot of Ocelot spawns near me,, tried to kill them but still they kept on spawning, Even inside my house. I am using a pirated minecraft btw. EDIT:maybe its just a bug inside the game.
gallery_248753_974_237333.png

Zaertix

One Stop Nintendo Shop on Mixer!
Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm dealing with my server users wanting to upgrade and I'm not ready to as of yet (too many crucial plugins still being updated.) As to the above issue, I do not think there's AP in MC, I could be wrong.

I'm excited for bukkit to update this one last time as their own entity-kinda.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*