Hacking Mighty Channels

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
marc_max said:
You can have multiple Mighty Channels in HBC, every one using a different cIOS.
Okay...I now feel stupid for not thinking of that before.
blush.gif
Still, I must say I consider this more of a workaround than a real solution (unless, perhaps, there turns out to be one cIOS+base that can play everything the others can as well).
smile.gif

*goes on to install some revs21 and create additional mighty channels with different cIOS loading*

Probably a stupid question, but...if you use Hermes's 222-224 cIOSes as arguments, will it play wiiware in the same way uloader does, or will the thing just crash?
EDIT: nevermind that...I tested it, and got back that nand emulation couldn't be started. Oh well...it was worth a shot.
tongue.gif

@Fox: unfortunate enough, I must second you in the note on monkey island. I got it to load with that setup, but it crashed as soon as all the cutscene thingies were over (perhaps other bases give better results).
mellow.gif

@coreduo: the later uloader versions (at least 5.1E) don't require a WBFS anymore. I'm on a FAT32 partition myself, and it works fine. Keep in mind that marc_max is right in saying that sneek is better when it comes to compatibility, though.

Oh, and I tested out mariokart and waverace on rev21base38 yesterday (on USB-nand). They seemed to work fine on beta4.
smile.gif

(okay, mario kart crashed when quitting to the menu. But that's not the worst error imaginable)

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wever said:
@coreduo: the later uloader versions (at least 5.1E) don't require a WBFS anymore. I'm on a FAT32 partition myself, and it works fine. Keep in mind that marc_max is right in saying that sneek is better when it comes to compatibility, though.
Yep, sneek seems to work very well, got tales of monkey island running on sneek, it plays about the same as if installed to real nand.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
marc_max said:
You can have multiple Mighty Channels in HBC, every one using a different cIOS.

Maybe in some future version we can select ios slots for each game in the game settings.
(use one defualt for the app and all games we havn't configurated to use another slot.)

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
I'am also very interested in the nand emu changes that has been done since wanins cIOSr17 and the new cIOSr21.
Because the new cIOSr21 seems to fuck up the savefile thingy (try tetris for example).
But I havn't noticed any more different between them exept that.
Maybe that could be fixed in the app code by doing it another way when r21 is used or is this only a IOS related issue. ?

AceLighting

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fox888 said:
comfaithgenesisraven Thank you so much for your forwarder it works like a charm
yaywii.gif
No problem at all its all thanks to fix94 for releasing the source thats needed to get it to work
and ofcourse marc_max for the fantastic app

lenny_kano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a couple of things. First I must say this gui is a vast improvement, and from my testing compatibility is the same as TriiForce MRC. One thing that is annoying me though is that no matter what I do, I just cannot get some of the ArtStyle games to load. They work fine from real nand, or in SNEEK when loading from system menu, geckoos loads them fine in sneek or real nand, but mighty channels/triiforce will not load, whether running as USB NAND emu from real nand, or as real NAND under sneek, so my only guess is something in the loader code prevents it from working, as nothing else changes between them working or not. Tried virgin NAND dump, minimal NAND dump, Sys Menu 3.2,3.4,4.1,4.2, no change. Does anyone know of a way to possibly correct this? And yes, all 5 have save games created and Load apploader set, tried normal boot, same result.

Edit: Rotohex does seem to work, a couple show health screen then black screen freeze, others just black screen.

Edit 2: Also, just compiled custom WiiFlow to boot straight into channels with no custom ios or usb mounting, and it loads all wiiware fine in sneek, so this seems like the best solution for now, but would still like to see it sorted in mighty channels for using without booting into sneek.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Interesting. I never got those games to work in triiforce (mrc) either, so I didn't thought much of it. The compatability list mentions "Works from USB NAND - need a full NAND dump and choose "Load Apploader" option ", so I figured my NAND dump wasn't as full as I thought it was.

But indeed...mighty channels should be able to at least boot it from real NAND (can't say much about sneek...dunno how well it and mighty channels co-operate).

I know it's off-topic, but...are you saying that (a custom version of) wiiflow can see and load channels that are installed on a sneeked nand?

lenny_kano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just basically took out the code to stop it loading up the hard drive and custom ios, and autoboot into the channel list, then installed it into the sneek nand, so it seems them as real channels. Its not nand emulating if thats what you mean. And compatibility is 100% as they are booted as real channels. So the problem is definately triiforce/mighty channels, as anything else ive tried can load the channels, but whether its real nand or emu nand, mighty channels fails.

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well what is happned with my might channel. I start my wii and load IOS 58 and when i start might channel with HBC (apps might channel) ou channel forwarder i have this error: I cant get titles list Ret -1. But when i load ios 250 and start both hbc or channel works for me. How i fix this error? Editing the xml archive?

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
lenny_kano said:
Just a couple of things. First I must say this gui is a vast improvement, and from my testing compatibility is the same as TriiForce MRC. One thing that is annoying me though is that no matter what I do, I just cannot get some of the ArtStyle games to load. They work fine from real nand, or in SNEEK when loading from system menu, geckoos loads them fine in sneek or real nand, but mighty channels/triiforce will not load, whether running as USB NAND emu from real nand, or as real NAND under sneek, so my only guess is something in the loader code prevents it from working, as nothing else changes between them working or not. Tried virgin NAND dump, minimal NAND dump, Sys Menu 3.2,3.4,4.1,4.2, no change. Does anyone know of a way to possibly correct this? And yes, all 5 have save games created and Load apploader set, tried normal boot, same result.

Edit: Rotohex does seem to work, a couple show health screen then black screen freeze, others just black screen.

Edit 2: Also, just compiled custom WiiFlow to boot straight into channels with no custom ios or usb mounting, and it loads all wiiware fine in sneek, so this seems like the best solution for now, but would still like to see it sorted in mighty channels for using without booting into sneek.
Are you sure that ArtStyle games don't load using Apploader even in real NAND mode? Probably you must enable Apploader even if you are not emulating NAND for these games.
What cIOS are you using? Even if you are in real NAND mode, the cIOS is still used. You can change the cIOS to a normal IOS by editing the meta.xml file. Try the ArtStyle games using the same IOS they really use (IOS37 IIRC). You can see what IOS you are using by pressing HOME in MC menu.
Do the Wiimotes are on even if you get a black screen?

Also, Mighty Channels will have a special version for Sneek users.

lenny_kano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry i mistyped, i havent tried in real nand on the wii, but real nand mode on sneek. And i wasnt using cios for that. Will try using the actual ios when i get the chance, but i know nothing else has failed to run them under sneek, using same ios to boot, so i dont see how the problem can be anything other than mighty channels. Also mighty channels under sneek doesnt read any banner sounds for me either.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
lenny_kano said:
sorry i mistyped, i havent tried in real nand on the wii, but real nand mode on sneek. And i wasnt using cios for that. Will try using the actual ios when i get the chance, but i know nothing else has failed to run them under sneek, using same ios to boot, so i dont see how the problem can be anything other than mighty channels. Also mighty channels under sneek doesnt read any banner sounds for me either.
Well... If you didn't modify meta.xml you are still using IOS249, except if you don't have it installed in your NAND (then you are using the same IOS as HBC/Forwarder).

MC doesn't read banner sound in real NAND mode. This will be fixed when the Real NAND version is released.

coreduo0099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lenny_kano said:
I just basically took out the code to stop it loading up the hard drive and custom ios, and autoboot into the channel list, then installed it into the sneek nand, so it seems them as real channels. Its not nand emulating if thats what you mean. And compatibility is 100% as they are booted as real channels. So the problem is definately triiforce/mighty channels, as anything else ive tried can load the channels, but whether its real nand or emu nand, mighty channels fails.

I really like your idea. Would you please share?
Thanks

coreduo0099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Marc,

I had another idea after loading up a bunch of artwork for the channels.

When no artwork is loaded, we can see the title ID and channel name. Once we use artwork, we can only get to the title id by hitting "1". Since not all of the artwork is easy to read when made channel size, if there was a way to add a "mouse over" that had the title or list it with the channel Id under the "1" options screen for the title, that would be nice.

Thanks

lenny_kano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
marc_max said:
lenny_kano said:
Well... If you didn't modify meta.xml you are still using IOS249, except if you don't have it installed in your NAND (then you are using the same IOS as HBC/Forwarder).

MC doesn't read banner sound in real NAND mode. This will be fixed when the Real NAND version is released.

I didn't have meta.xml for in sneek as I was running from a full channel, but i tried several different ios with same result. and the same ios when used to boot wiiflow/geckoos etc worked fine. when running mighty channels from my real nand i was running it off ios 248 which was 38r17.

coreduo0099 said:
QUOTE(lenny_kano @ Jan 7 2011, 01:58 AM)

I really like your idea. Would you please share?
Thanks

I didnt change much, but here is the source code, compiled dol file (requires IOS 56 in sneek nand), forwarder channel (just modified version of someone elses wiiflow channel, not sure where i got it from but they made it not me. the boot.dol needs to be installed to apps/sneekflow (just so it didnt stuff with my proper wiiflow).
the data dir defaults to sd:/sneekflow or sd:/apps/sneekflow.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m96qtdd6d70r939

oh and while i remember, this will only work for uneek (all my previous references to sneek refer to this), as you still have sd card access. sorry but didnt have the time or need to figure out how to make it work with sneek. i suppose i should have said uneek earlier but uneek/sneek pretty much the same thing so forgot. my bad.

mrkazador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii freezes when going to wii menu in some virtual console games (super mario 64), it works when using reset. Any way to fix this? I have already deleted 0000002.tik which works for wiiware games. This is setup for kids and sometimes press wii menu instead of reset, then needs a hard shutdown on the wii after it freezes.
Thank you!

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just another question.
Is it possible to create a folder "nand" (on the root of the sd/usb device), where you can put all wii nand files/folders inside?
This would be helpful to get a better folder structure on the devices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Morning