Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone. A few years ago, I did a homebrew called MIDIPad DS, it was a Kaoss pad-like for the DS, and you can still download it here :
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=925

Now that I have a DS again and some time, I've been working on this again, and I should add a lot of new features. Here are some :
- 12 MPC-like Pads, with velocity, maybe aftertouch, and other features I'm thinking about.
- Slider knobs with feedback from the software.
- Customisable parameters : CC/Note numbers, max/min values, etc.

Every idea is welcome.
I'm also willing to do something special with Ableton Live. If you're familiar with Live API and Python, then you could help me to do a MIDI Remote Script, more evolved than the simple txt file you can easily do for Live.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
MIDIPad DS sounds to me like a homebrew version of KORG DS-10, but i'm just rambling here... It might be cool to use.
biggrin.gif

Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
The kaoss pad will be here too, it's just that I've been working on the pads part for the moment.

It's not a sampler ! Just a controller. The sound is coming from Ableton, the DS is just sending Midi to it.
The Pads part is 99% finished now.

Here's a screenshot
midipad_ds_screen1.jpg

aneotoena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's actually nicer to me to have a controller instead of a sampler cause you can have more sound variety in the pc.

Just a couple of questions

1.- Already solved
2.- What compatibility does it has with other DAWs that support midi like cubase for example.

Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
aneotoena said:
It's actually nicer to me to have a controller instead of a sampler cause you can have more sound variety in the pc.

Just a couple of questions

1.- Already solved
2.- What compatibility does it has with other DAWs that support midi like cubase for example.

It will work with any DAW that support MIDI

aneotoena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, I am really excited about this thing, finally mi DS will be really usefull to the things I dom this is what I bought it for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo"