Microsoft launches new all-digital Xbox One S edition next month

While we look to the future of what both Microsoft and Sony have up their sleeves for their next console, that doesn't mean that this generation doesn't have anything left to give. Microsoft has announced the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, which as the name implies, is a version of the system that includes everything except the disc drive. Targeted as a budget model for those that prefer forgoing physical media, the All Digital will retail for $250, a full $50 less than a standard console. It'll also come with three first party games; Sea of Thieves, Minecraft, and Forza Horizon 3. If you're interested, you'll be able to pick up an Xbox One S All-Digital Edition when it releases next month, on May 7th.

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my Xbox One S 1TB for $180. Plus they sell for $200 regularly. If this was coming out at $150, or even $200, I may have been interested for my digital content, but with only 1tb and no disc drive for only $50, im going to pass hard on this.
Then again, this probably isnt intended for anyone that already owns an xbox anyway .

Reactions: CoolStarDood

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I got my PS4 with disc drive for $200. All this does is limit your options when shopping around for the cheapest copy of a given game.

Also, they couldn't come up with a better name? "Xbox One S All-Digital Edition." Why not just, "Xbox One Digital?"

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: CoolStarDood

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like some first party controllers without features such as touch pad and motion sense that were cheaper.
Better for both patties

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
interesting concept but I think they could have gone cheaper even...
why? because since its all digital now, people are going to have to buy games exclusively from their online store so they are certain to make money off that
could have gone as low as $200 I suppose if they wanted to deal Sony a hard blow?

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
way to commit console suicide microsoft,this isn't just about combating Piracy (which will fail eventually) more of a way to combat used game sales

Some long time ago Nintendo released the Gameboy Micro. A smaller Gameboy Advance with a smaller screen, it could only play GBA games while both the GBA and GBA SP could also play Gameboy and Gameboy Color games and even worse, the link cable of the Micro was different so no Pokemon ttading unless you also knew someone else with a Gameboy Micro.

So yeah, Microsoft is not the only one making crap versions of their Videogame consoles.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This makes sense. But why do this so late in the consoles life (4 years?) When a new "Xbox Super Pro" could be made.

I may be stating the obvious. But it doesn't really make sense why more supply and demand would go into the model. When no one buys the console.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could have just cutback some units entirely if they wanted to... Maybe a more obvious. Question to a re-stated question is how could the Xbox S Digital stack up with the Playstation 4 or Pro. With less proceeding hardware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle