Microsoft clarifies the naming scheme behind the next-gen Xbox

1IIi95f.png

During this year's Game Awards, Microsoft stole most of the spotlight by revealing the name of their next-generation gaming console. Or so we thought. Originally revealed as the Xbox Series X, the latest system in the line of Microsoft's consoles, the name garnered confusion and ridicule. Now, Microsoft has decided to clarify what exactly the new moniker means, amidst the outcry. The fourth-generation Xbox console, final form of the Project Scarlett, and successor to the Xbox One will actually just be called Xbox. The Series X part of the name is just a branding subtitle, to "allow room for additional consoles in the future", according to the company. So, theoretically, rather than the current naming scheme, which sees Microsoft selling the Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X, the "Series X" name will help consumers choose between different models of the new Xbox, such as the highly-rumored discless streaming-only Xbox.

The name we're carrying forward to the next generation is simply Xbox," a Microsoft representative told Business Insider. "And at The Game Awards you saw that name come to life through the Xbox Series X.

"Similar to what fans have seen with previous generations, the name 'Xbox Series X' allows room for additional consoles in the future," the Microsoft rep told us.

Tags: [PLATFORM=/platform/xbox-series-x]Xbox Series X[/PLATFORM]

:arrow: Source (Exclusive interview via Business Insider)

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
would you mind not speaking in what british call slang and abbreviated words and using obscene words like that?
and only nice thing I had about my study stay in the united kingdom was my roommate.
Personally I feel Britain is a a bit pathetic or what the British would call a "dump"
Omg you do have issues with UK people hehe.

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You're talking to a girl that doesn't back down. and doesn't take comment about my culture lightly. I already settled issues with my former boyfriend who was the biggest mistake of my life as he was british and not just any type of british person but one of the most offensive people in the united kingdom a weeaboo.

I'm a bit of what you would call, used to my own kind due to having very strong trust issues with those not on my intellectual level

For use of a better word, yes. when i was in the united kingdom I tried to have little involvement as possible with them as I could. Honestly the only ones i could stomach were the working class citizens and those that did not speak in that vile slang and abbreviated dialect. If I may be honest hearing that made me want to vomit blood.

Last edited by WiikeyHacker,

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're talking to a girl that doesn't back down. and doesn't take comment about my culture lightly. I already settled issues with my former boyfriend who was the biggest mistake of my life as he was british and not just any type of british person but one of the most offensive people in the united kingdom a weeaboo.

I'm a bit of what you would call, used to my own kind due to having very strong trust issues with those not on my intellectual level
People reading this ain't gonna think Yr intellectual when Yr saying stupid things like Yr the superior race you need to chill out get a bit of humour

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You started it by hinting call of duty and fortnite were played by fat brat kids in the uk
She forgot to include the US, but where's the lie though? Fortnite and Call of Duty are both creatively bankrupt garbage, the types of games that are mostly played by pre-teens before they discover that a massive catalog of better ones exist.

Hell, Activision has so completely run out of ideas for CoD that they've looped back around to titling another one simply, "Modern Warfare." A lot like calling the fourth Xbox, "Xbox." :lol:

Last edited by Xzi,

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Do I tell you how to type correctly spelt grammar? No I do not so kindly refrain from telling me how I project myself if you do not mind.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Finally, somebody who sees the games for what they are and I do not have an issue with America just Britain.

Reactions: Xzi

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
She forgot to include the US, but where's the lie though? Fortnite and Call of Duty are both creatively bankrupt garbage, the types of games that are mostly played by pre-teens before they discover that a massive catalog of better ones exist.
Laughable comment - both are great games and made by intelligent people pld by millions - so Yr now the god of what defies a great game so let's hear what you play

Do I tell you how to type correctly spelt grammar? No I do not so kindly refrain from telling me how I project myself if you do not mind.
Did you understand my spelling yes you did so ther shouldn't be problem way i type

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
Laughable comment - both are great games and made by intelligent people pld by millions - so Yr now the god of what defies a great game so let's hear what you play

Intelligent people using people ignorance to gain money is not smart.

If those people knew that there are real better games they won't play these trash.

Reactions: WiikeyHacker

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Samurai Warrior Musuo, Okami, Monster Hunter, Shining Force 2 and 3 Fire Emblem, Phantasy Star 2, Kyojin No Doshin.

And I understand it I just find you way of dialect pretty repugnant and low born and void of finesse. (By which I mean class)

I even consider the voice acting and the localized version of dragon quest's overseas re-releases are awful! Nobody with a shred of decency would speak in such a minimal way with word's like inni't and ain't they need to go back to learn correct grammar if they think that's acceptable, Oh but wait it's for Britain isn't it so no wonder it sold so well? the dialect there is minimal.

Last edited by WiikeyHacker,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Finally, somebody who sees the games for what they are and I do not have an issue with America just Britain.
Meh, both are imperialist countries with a lot of shameful history. Not that Japan throughout history has been particularly saintly, either. ^_^

Best to judge people as individuals and not generalize/stereotype, whatever the case.

Single-player RPG is probably my favorite genre, but suffice it to say I play nearly everything. Popular and/or profitable do not necessarily equate to high quality titles. Think of CoD and Fortnite as the boy bands of gaming.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: WiikeyHacker

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
Samurai Warrior Musuo, Okami, Monster Hunter, Shining Force 2 and 3 Fire Emblem, Phantasy Star 2, Kyojin No Doshin.

And I understand it I just find you way of dialect pretty repugnant and low born and void of finesse. (By which I mean class)

Yes yes Kingdom hearts made Disney more swallowable to me hehe.

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Boy Bands of Gaming? Now that comment made me laugh Xzi. :rofl2:

kingdom hearts was..... alright but I felt like Sora had a homosexual addiction to Riku was it? the story was, pretty meh. Still no Diablo or devil may cry now those are games to get excited about even though the 5th would of been better without the micro transactions.

Reactions: Xzi

grcd

Trophies
XP
Country
They managed to make this even more confusing somehow.

So when I buy the new XBOX, I mean XBOX Series X, I mean XBOX -- how do I know if it an S, an X, a disc-less or some other variant? And will it be One like those before it, or Two?

Reactions: DANTENDO

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consoles stay as consoles and pcs as pcs - its been like tht since video games started - end of the day xbox fked up with the name of the one it sounded silly then and still does now - and thts what happens when you try and combine the two
The line is starting to blur tho

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was really hoping that Microsoft would go for a more confusing name for their 4th entry into the console and I couldn't have been more happy with this reveal.

Other names I would have been ok with:
Xbox One One
Xbox One 2
Xbox Original
Xbox One EX
Xbox Infinity

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point, Sony will keep naming the new Playstations 5, 6, 7 etc to prove a point on how these names Nintendo and Microsoft give to their consoles are fucking stupid and asinine. It just confuses the average consumer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?